TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Knight Rider

ejrail

Since NBC first aired the two hours movie this summer and now that the series is on every week, I need to clarify a few things.

To all who ask:

1) No, my black SGT is not KITT.

2) No, I don't know Mr. Knight.

3) No, I can't transform my car into an F-150.

4) Yes, I can probably run circles around what ever you're driving.

Am I the only one who is asked these at least once a day lately?

I am not one bit suprised that you are getting those questions and comments, and I also suspect that other owners of black coupes running Alcoa wheels are getting the same too.

My car is an orange vert with the black SS stripes, so in general the only comments or questions that I get from young kids is "is that the Bumblebee?" or they will run up to the car and yell BUMBLEBEE, BUMBLEBEE! to their parents.

I don't mind, they're kids and I think that it's cute. I'm also pretty sure that the Bumblebee comments will wain right after some yellow Camaros start to show up at car show/gatherings after next January or so.

I did have a kid say something about KITT at a car show during the summer but that's it. I have a white car so I don't know how he made that connection.

I'd rather not be associated with that show personally.

Me, too . It must be fate but I had a Firebird when the old show was on and now I have a Shelby when the new show is on. I personally have never watched a single episode of either show. I certainly don't plan to either.

It's just about as bad, no make that worse, than the original. I watched one episode last year and the first episode this year. (sorry I was working late testing a unit and all I had was my PC and HULU so I watched it). When they morph that at least good looking KR into some strange, and funky pimp mobile it's just bad network TV. I just don't understand who these folks think they are appealing to with shows like this. It's not good on any level.

Don

I had one guy at a gas pump make a reference to Knight Rider. He asked me if that was what I was going for in my Shelby. I said, Knight who? Rider what? Is that some Adult movie or something? The conversation ended quickly and I was happy.

Now I obviously know what Knight Rider is and I am NOT a fan in anyway shape or form. If the show was simply about a gt500KR and not some lame acted, stupid crazy import bolt on stuff making the car look like a toy..... You get the point. The show sucks really bad and I hope that the network pulls it soon. Better for everyone!

Could be worse though! Imagine if you owned a Black GT500KR with matt black stripes! 100,000+ dollar car and you would always be compared to what... Knight Rider? Ouch. Glad I at least have silver stripes!

My car is an orange vert with the black SS stripes, so in general the only comments or questions that I get from young kids is "is that the Bumblebee?" or they will run up to the car and yell BUMBLEBEE, BUMBLEBEE! to their parents.

I don't mind, they're kids and I think that it's cute. I'm also pretty sure that the Bumblebee comments will wain right after some yellow Camaros start to show up at car show/gatherings after next January or so.

Being compared to Bumblebee is FAR FAR better than Knight Rider. Personally! I would love nothing more to see a SHELBY Super Snake transformer in Transformers 2. Now imagine how cool it would be if somewhere in the background "easter egg" style. If that Super Snake transformed into a robot and just beat the crap out of KITT. then said something like "super intelligent car my a@@"! I know I would have to laugh and even have more respect for the Transformers franchise.

I am not one bit suprised that you are getting those questions and comments, and I also suspect that other owners of black coupes running Alcoa wheels are getting the same too.

Why doesn't anyone run up to my car shouting BARRICADE! BARRICADE! (the black mustang police car in transformers)

I suppose to answer my question, I don't have a police car, but still, black mustang. Oh forget it..

:doh:

Archived