TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SGT 08 WHIPPLE COMPLETED AND WHOAAAA!!

Well the super charger and all is completed and all I can say is Whoaaaa. Thanks to Tampa Bay Shelby on the picture perfect install. She's putting down rear wheel 440HP / 437TQ with a conservative tune via FRPP. I prefer to stay below 450 at the wheels for safety. with the SLP loud mouths it sounds like a dragon is under the hood barking out race car tunes. The Whipple is quiet as a mouse until to push the gas down. Anyway that's all for now and more to follow. Only had a short time for a drive due to rain and leaving out of the country this week. Anyway glad it's done and glad I had a quality shop do the install. :peelout: :happy feet: :bowdown:

DSCF0099.jpg

DSCF0098.jpg

DSCF0097.jpg

DSCF0096.jpg

DSCF0095.jpg

DSCF0094.jpg

DSCF0093.jpg

DSCF0092.jpg

My preference was the SOS because they were more streamlined and aim at you. Easy to see and does not fill the whole dash up. The blue cobalt is nice also.

Love the car! Yours is the first I have seen with the SOS center gauge pods! Love them!

Radical08 .... Very impressive !

You need to bring your car to our next Florida Shelby Show ..... Hell of a car you got there !!!

Well the super charger and all is completed and all I can say is Whoaaaa. Thanks to Tampa Bay Shelby on the picture perfect install. She's putting down rear wheel 440HP / 437TQ with a conservative tune via FRPP. I prefer to stay below 450 at the wheels for safety. with the SLP loud mouths it sounds like a dragon is under the hood barking out race car tunes. The Whipple is quiet as a mouse until to push the gas down. Anyway that's all for now and more to follow. Only had a short time for a drive due to rain and leaving out of the country this week. Anyway glad it's done and glad I had a quality shop do the install. :peelout: :happy feet: :bowdown:

Amazing ride... congrats!

Jer

Gary,

I knew you'd be happy with TBS. They are a great shop and I know I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a quality install, Whipple, KB or Paxton. Nice gauge package.

Now, when you get back from overseas, go out an drive her and let us know how she runs. I noticed that you had a 3.5 inch pulley on your Whipple. Mine came with a 3.375. Did you special order that to keep the hp under 450?

Very nice all the way around.

Don

It came that way from Whipple. I would have to ask did it change from the 07-08 kits mine being an 08 just no airbox like the 08s out now. I'm a bit on the rich side, ok by me and being right near the 450rwhp is fine by me and know my motor will be safe a long time.

Gary,

I knew you'd be happy with TBS. They are a great shop and I know I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a quality install, Whipple, KB or Paxton. Nice gauge package.

Now, when you get back from overseas, go out an drive her and let us know how she runs. I noticed that you had a 3.5 inch pulley on your Whipple. Mine came with a 3.375. Did you special order that to keep the hp under 450?

Don

It came that way from Whipple. I would have to ask did it change from the 07-08 kits mine being an 08 just no airbox like the 08s out now. I'm a bit on the rich side, ok by me and being right near the 450rwhp is fine by me and know my motor will be safe a long time.

Oh yea Gary that's what it must be. I didn't even think about it being an 08 kit. I'm hoping to be around the 450 mark when they dyno mine. I don't want to be much more than that for the same reliability reason as you. Great install on all the parts. I'm suprised that you got it back already. When I saw it on Thursday they still had a ways to go on the SC and didn't have the gauges on, dynod or cleaned up. They must have busted it up to get it done and delivered for you. Glad that it all worked out.

Don

I got the small supercharged badge off Ebay. I wanted something small that blended in with the car that I could remove easy if ever wanted to. I think it goes well with the PBF badge and is about the same length.

Yeah, it looks like it belongs there. Do you have a link to the ebay seller who has these?

• 1 year later...

Gary,

Don

Mmmmmm.

Looking at my paperwork, mine was installed with a 3.25". That must be why I'm at the (below) numbers...

Right now, I'm researching forged internals. (Like Ken or Big Carl) I guess a larger pully would keep me safe, but I'm spoiled rotten by the available power I get at 10+ lbs boost! I do not linger at >5000rpm...

That IS very nice and the black SC under that blue hood looks killer! Congrats!

Dan

DSCF0099.jpg

DSCF0098.jpg

DSCF0097.jpg

DSCF0096.jpg

DSCF0095.jpg

DSCF0094.jpg

DSCF0093.jpg

DSCF0092.jpg

Very nice. Enjoy.

Archived