TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 GT500KR Owners

08GT500KR

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

svtcowboy, you have the 09 0301 and I have the 08 0301!!

Gary, do you remember I was going to buy that car in Tx? Distance prevented me from doing so.......found car #463 closer to me.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

All KR's came with the certificate. The certificates were given to the dealers as a way to help promote the sale of the car. If you did not get your certificate, contact the dealer where you purchased the car from.

If I am not the original owner, can the dealer get me one? I did not get this certificate when I purchased my KR. I had all the other documents, even the original sales invoice.

Todd

Do any of you know if I can get a new duplicate from SAI? If so can Rober Lane or someone there help me?

If you asking about the one in post 41 that was issued by Ford not shelby. I dont know anywhere you can get that anymore.(was very limited)

If you are looking for the shelby upgrade sticker you can get/buy a new one from Shelby(look under unquie KR parts in the shelby store)

No, I'm looking for the original from Ford I guess, I have a certificate of authenticity from Shelby signed by Carroll w/ VIN and CSM # . but it is not same certificate. It doesn't say Ford Shelby GT500 KR. There is no statement like post 41 build number () of 1011.

Tdshelby the certificate of authenticity issued from Ford that is both signed by Bill Ford JR. and Carroll Shelby stating what production # out of how many GT500KRs produced for that model year was a promotion issued by Ford offered for KRs that were still new sitting in dealer inventories as of August 2009 to the best of my recollection. Any KRs purchased before that date will not have that certificate and cannot obtain one. I have discussed this with SVT and Ford on more than one occassion as I have two '08 KRs and one was purchased before August 2009, thus I didn't get it. Anyone with any other SVT touched car can get a COA from SVT for their car but not KR owners. When asked why I never get a legitimate answer. I think Ford and SVT are missing a great opportunity hear. With the exclusivity of the KR production run I think practically every '08 and '09 KR owner would be willing to shell out the $50 to have this for their cars.

Tdshelby the certificate of authenticity issued from Ford that is both signed by Bill Ford JR. and Carroll Shelby stating what production # out of how many GT500KRs produced for that model year was a promotion issued by Ford offered for KRs that were still new sitting in dealer inventories as of September 2010 to the best of my recollection. Any KRs purchased before that date will not have that certificate and cannot obtain one. I have discussed this with SVT and Ford on more than one occassion as I have two '08 KRs and one was purchased before September 2010, thus I didn't get it. Anyone with any other SVT touched car can get a COA from SVT for their car but not KR owners. When asked why I never get a legetimate answer. I think Ford and SVT is missing a great opportunity hear. With the exclusivity of the KR production run I think practically every '08 and '09 KR owner would be willing to shell out the $50 to have this for their cars.

I agree, I would gladly give 50 to 150 dollars (the going rate for a Shelby signature for his foundation) to have an original KR certificate. My car was bought by first owner in Nov. of 2008 I think so I guess no certificate with that car. But I am with you, I don't understand why they don't produce a new batch for those of us who own the cars now.

Tdshelby the certificate of authenticity issued from Ford that is both signed by Bill Ford JR. and Carroll Shelby stating what production # out of how many GT500KRs produced for that model year was a promotion issued by Ford offered for KRs that were still new sitting in dealer inventories as of September 2010 to the best of my recollection. Any KRs purchased before that date will not have that certificate and cannot obtain one. I have discussed this with SVT and Ford on more than one occassion as I have two '08 KRs and one was purchased before September 2010, thus I didn't get it. Anyone with any other SVT touched car can get a COA from SVT for their car but not KR owners. When asked why I never get a legetimate answer. I think Ford and SVT is missing a great opportunity hear. With the exclusivity of the KR production run I think practically every '08 and '09 KR owner would be willing to shell out the $50 to have this for their cars.

Thanks for explaining why a certificate is not available now. As I was looking for a KR last fall, I saw a few ads on Ebay and other sites where a picture of a certificate of authenticity was posted. The initial owner of my KR did not have such certificate. Shortly after I bought it, I placed an order online for an SVT certificate, entering my VIN and credit card number. At first, the order was processed and everything seemed OK. A couple of days later, I received an email from someone at SVT mentionning that since my VIN corresponded with a KR, they could not issue the certificate and were cancelling my order. I replied to that email by mentionnig that I saw such certificates for other KRs being sold online; I attached a picture of one such certificate, and asking why one could not be issued for my car. The replied by essentially sidestepping the question, not even acknowledging the existence of the certificates issued as evidenced by the picture that I had attached, and simply said that since they didn't do the final assembly, the could not issue certificates for the KRs and that I should try to obtain one from Shelby. I found the answer a bit strange at the time but since it was clear that they would not issue one to me, I did not push the issue any further. Your post help explain why that happened.

I would also gladly pay for a certificate and think its a bad PR move on Ford's part to refuse KR owners' requests.

Sept 2010 is not a valid date they issued these certificate's.

I bought my 09 KR off the showroom floor in Aug of 2009 and did receive one.

www.carrollshelbyfoundation.org

Call them. It's $250 for Carroll's signature on something. Maybe they have other avenues available that Wendy at SAI doesn't have? Seems odd that as The second owner of the KR, this certificate of authenticity signed by Carroll wouldn't be available just because you are the second owner.

Just thinking outloud. Can't hurt to call. You can at least get his signature on your airbag cover. And I think for $100 extra, he'll put your CSM number. Can't hurt to call though.

It's still a KR. And in my mind you should be able to get that COA with Carroll's signature upon proof of ownership.

Steve

Sept 2010 is not a valid date they issued these certificate's.

I bought my 09 KR off the showroom floor in Aug of 2009 and did receive one.

You are correct. I was posting off my memory and I had to look through my paperwork for the right dates. I've had the car longer than I recollected. I purchased my first one at the end of May 2009 and the SVT COA program was implemented in August of 2009. I will edit my previous post to reflect this. Like other TS members who have tried to obtain these though it is extremely apparent that as of right now SVT has no plans to offer these. All I get is, " You have a KR?", like they've never heard of the car and if they did they've had a bad experience with it. It's really kind of disgusting, especially when you consider all the hype that Ford put out at its debut. Hell, the silver with blue stripes KR was plastered all over everything they offered; calendars and such. Sorry to rant, but as everyone can see this one subject really strikes a nerve. I did get the COA that I got with my red one out and really looked it over and Mr. Shelby's and Mr. Ford's signaturesappear to be actual signatures and not part of the certificates print. Maybe this is the reason for not offering it to all KR owners. It is just to big of a hassle for Ford for a car they've already unloaded. I would be willing to purchase the COA from them and as previously posted before by others, send it to Mr. Shelby's foundation and maybe try to get Mr. Ford's signature at a later date. If any TS members have any input on this I would greatly appreciate it.

Call them. It's $250 for Carroll's signature on something. Maybe they have other avenues available that Wendy at SAI doesn't have? Seems odd that as The second owner of the KR, this certificate of authenticity signed by Carroll wouldn't be available just because you are the second owner.

Just thinking outloud. Can't hurt to call. You can at least get his signature on your airbag cover. And I think for $100 extra, he'll put your CSM number. Can't hurt to call though.

It's still a KR. And in my mind you should be able to get that COA with Carroll's signature upon proof of ownership.

Steve

I appreciate SA recognizing the car and offering their own version of a COA for it. I think anyone who is thinking they may want Mr. Shelby's signature / autograph should do so in the present as it would be a shame to miss the opportunity while we can. It's interesting, his signed airbag covers in both my cars are routinely the first thing that people notice and comment on. I think it is by far the best mod I've done. Just check out Grabber's thread on how he did it and you can't go wrong. :victory:

Steve

they are $150 for merchandise and $250 for car parts. nothing extra for the CSM numbers or dates

http://www.cscf.org/donate/get-carrolls-autograph/

Living proof - no extra charge just be sure to indicate where you want the CSM.

Shelby Airbag.JPG

Shelby Airbag.JPG

they are $150 for merchandise and $250 for car parts. nothing extra for the CSM numbers or dates

http://www.cscf.org/donate/get-carrolls-autograph/

Ah ok. Thanks for the correction. In Death Valley for the weekend, and just wrote it on the fly. Havent really gone beyond the website address. Thought someone said it was extra for the CSM.

Good luck and hope they can help you out.

Steve

Thanks everyone for all the information about this. I too had the airbag signed by Carroll. Used the post Grabber wrote, but Carroll didn't write the CSM number for me or take a picture on the camera I sent along with the airbag cover. Must have caught him on a bad hair day or something. :camera:

Thanks TD. Click in reply box, select 'more reply options' on lower right of box. Click 'attach files' below and you can upload pics from your computer.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived