TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Some pics of the Shelby on hallowed ground.

Son of GT

Just a series of photos taken at 1042 Princeton Ave, Venice CA. This is where it all started so many years ago. Considering how small the building is, it's hard to believe that Carroll produced cars out of it. There was/is a rumor that the building might be torn down, so I thought that I should snap a few pics for nostalgia's sake.

The last two photos were taken if front of Oakly's world headquarters. They really have an amazing building. It almost looks like Frankenstin's castle. In fact, it's so unique looking that Hollywood has used it in a couple of movies. The pics in front of Okley's HQ were taken before I had the Le Mans stripes put on, and as you can see, the ones in Venice show the Shelby with them on. And yes, they were painted on. As far as I'm concerned, you can't have a Shelby without the Le Mans stripes on it.

In anycase, I thought that I would share some pics with everyone. I hope that you enjoy them.

post-4213-1160445021_thumb.jpg post-4213-1160445404_thumb.jpg post-4213-1160445561_thumb.jpg post-4213-1160445673_thumb.jpg post-4213-1160445830_thumb.jpg

post-4213-1160446431_thumb.jpg

post-4213-1160445021_thumb.jpg

post-4213-1160445404_thumb.jpg

post-4213-1160445561_thumb.jpg

post-4213-1160445673_thumb.jpg

post-4213-1160445830_thumb.jpg

post-4213-1160446431_thumb.jpg

Pictures?

I don't know what's goin on. I attached six pics but they don't post!

I don't know what's goin on. I attached six pics but they don't post!

FINALLY GOT IT, SEE ABOVE.

FINALLY GOT IT, SEE ABOVE.

Great pics. My jury is out on the stripes on a vert. They look good on yours with the top down. Post pics w/ the top up. Mine is Torch Red w/ only white side stripes. I saw a red w/ white stripes vert that was but ugly w/ the top up. Likely the stark contrast(Black top-white stripes)

Great pics. My jury is out on the stripes on a vert. They look good on yours with the top down. Post pics w/ the top up. Mine is Torch Red w/ only white side stripes. I saw a red w/ white stripes vert that was but ugly w/ the top up. Likely the stark contrast(Black top-white stripes)

Yes, I see your point. The two small stripes on the windsheld header would stand out butting up against the black top. On the other hand, you might consider not putting any stripes up there at all; you never know it might look good.

I'm am very happy with the Tungston/Grabber Orange combo because the Tungston works with the black top, connects with the lower body cladding, and really complements the Orange.

Yes, I see your point. The two small stripes on the windsheld header would stand out butting up against the black top. On the other hand, you might consider not putting any stripes up there at all; you never know it might look good.

I'm am very happy with the Tungston/Grabber Orange combo because the Tungston works with the black top, connects with the lower body cladding, and really complements the Orange.

I agree your car looks great the orange really stands out the tungston blends really nice and the black top

flows in with everything and doesn't detract from anything the contrast between them is really nice looking

Ford did a nice job on that combo.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived