TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby title Question

DMiller779

Your title will read whatever the dealer puts in the form for the application. My 98 Cobra title clearly said MFG: SVT Model: Cobra as was filled in on the application for Title. Just had the dealer finance guy correct it on the form when doing the sales paperwork. Title showed up exactly the same.

Plan to do the same with my new GT500. MFG: Ford Model: GT500

Your title will read whatever the dealer puts in the form for the application. My 98 Cobra title clearly said MFG: SVT Model: Cobra as was filled in on the application for Title. Just had the dealer finance guy correct it on the form when doing the sales paperwork. Title showed up exactly the same.

Plan to do the same with my new GT500. MFG: Ford Model: GT500

I wonder if it makes a difference for the insurance co? If so make my GT500 title say 1976 Green Pinto. Maybe it'll cost me less. :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

I wonder if it makes a difference for the insurance co? If so make my GT500 title say 1976 Green Pinto. Maybe it'll cost me less. :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

Sure...but when it gets stolen...you'll get a settlement for a green pinto :happy feet:

My title for my 2007 Shelby just says Mustang. No mention of Shelby at all. Does anyone have Shelby on their title? I'm wondering if I should apply to the DMV for a title correction.

Doug

My title says 2007 Ford Shelby... The Certificate of Origin does not say Mustang anywhere on it. Mine says Year / 2007

Make / Ford

Body Type / Shelby GT500 2DR Coupe

All the titles should read Make: Ford, Model: Mustang. The only thing shelby is the letters on the deck lid. That is all Caroll Shely licensed the use of. To put Shelby on the title is a material misrepresentation and Shelby American can sue you for this. LOL

:hysterical: This is gonna really jam up the courts!

All the titles should read Make: Ford, Model: Mustang. The only thing shelby is the letters on the deck lid. That is all Caroll Shely licensed the use of. To put Shelby on the title is a material misrepresentation and Shelby American can sue you for this. LOL

PiperPilotDuane.... Are you some kind of professional department of motor vehicle employee or are you just assuming everyone will get sued who tries to have the Shelby GT500 put on the title & registration paperwork?

Here is a question for you.....

Why is the Insurance companies & my agent asking me if it’s a Shelby GT500 & not asking me if it’s a Mustang GT500 then when quoting me rates?

Please explain your answer with more detailed facts please before I do my paperwork?

Pure BS dude from a GT500 owner wannabe.

The MSO clearly says Shelby and so should the title. The GT500 is not a mustang trim level, it is an entirely different model and the Shelby American licence has nothing to do with it. The title should read exactly like the MSO and there is no basis for a suit. This is a SHELBY, manufactured by Ford and should be titled as such. Don't like it? Tough.

Pure BS dude from a GT500 owner wannabe.

The MSO clearly says Shelby and so should the title. The GT500 is not a mustang trim level, it is an entirely different model and the Shelby American licence has nothing to do with it. The title should read exactly like the MSO and there is no basis for a suit. This is a SHELBY, manufactured by Ford and should be titled as such. Don't like it? Tough.

:fan:

Mine says Mustang. It is on my corp ins policy and the rate for this addition was $250. I'm not anxious to call them to tell them what it is>

Larry

PiperPilotDuane.... Are you some kind of professional department of motor vehicle employee or are you just assuming everyone will get sued who tries to have the Shelby GT500 put on the title & registration paperwork?

Here is a question for you.....

Why is the Insurance companies & my agent asking me if it’s a Shelby GT500 & not asking me if it’s a Mustang GT500 then when quoting me rates?

Please explain your answer with more detailed facts please before I do my paperwork?

I am a professional clerk at the Motor Vehicle Dept. for the State of Montana and a future Shelby owner if it ever gets here(Define marterial hold lol). We have had one 2007 Shelby MCO come through our office. No where on the MCO does it state that it is a Mustang, the model is a Shelby. It is easier for the clerk, or who ever is entering the information, to put Mustang in. However, the correct model is a Shelby. Some states, including ours, don't have a code yet for the 2007 Shelby model, so they may be putting a mustang in the model in error. If you have a title that reads Mustang, you should contact your state on getting a corrected title. The state can look up the MCO information to see the correct model on imaging, they would probably request the title back and reissue a corrected title. Do not let your state put the incorrect model in, your registration will also be incorrect which is also seen by Mr Policeman. If you let your State misslabel your vehicle it could be a hassel to prove that it is the real thing and not a clone.

(Your insurance company goes by the VIN not the model to get the HP and MSRP as the state does.)

For what it's worth, my title and ownership documents lists Ford as the Mfg, Shelby as the make, and Cobra as the model.

Archived