TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I need wiring help

Tony Santonastaso

I was doing some work on my 07 Shelby GT ( painting the valve covers ) and disconnected the wiring harness in the engine bay. I cannot find where one of the connectors goes. It is on the top back of the engine, pass side. It is a black connector with white on the ends. The wiring colors are Green/ purple stripe, Green/ white stripe, yellow/ red stripe, and solid yellow. If anyone can look at there car It would be a great help.

Tony

I looked for the connector your describing, but couldn't find any with those colored wires. Can you be any more specific about its location?

It comes off the main harness on the passengers side, right as it takes a 90 degree turn behind the firewall, it is just ahead of white tag labled K83.

It comes off the main harness on the passengers side, right as it takes a 90 degree turn behind the firewall, it is just ahead of white tag labled K83.

I just looked again. Still don't see any connectors with those colors. There's a couple connectors way down low behind the engine that I can't see the colors, might be one of them, but I dont for the life of me see how you'd disconnect them without raising the engine.

I just looked again. Still don't see any connectors with those colors. There's a couple connectors way down low behind the engine that I can't see the colors, might be one of them, but I dont for the life of me see how you'd disconnect them without raising the engine.

when it comes off the main harness at that tag, It makes a T with another connector just like it Black with white ends, the one goes under the intake and has a part that is holds it in place to a bracket and not sure where the other end plugs to. I can send you a picture if you will send me a email that I can send a picture to.

OK, got the pics, which I must say were quite nice. I found the connector. I gotta ask. How the hell did you disconnect that? Its way down behind the engine. The other end must be hanging down there too. Your gonna have to reach way down there to grab it or somehow get underneath the car to see if you can push it up somehow. Good Luck.

Evan

OK, got the pics, which I must say were quite nice. I found the connector. I gotta ask. How the hell did you disconnect that? Its way down behind the engine. The other end must be hanging down there too. Your gonna have to reach way down there to grab it or somehow get underneath the car to see if you can push it up somehow. Good Luck.

Evan

Thanks so much for you help Tony

This is evidence of what makes this website so special.

+1

Where else are you going to get this kind of help on a Sunday afternoon?

An answer to one "what do I do now" question like this is worth joining all by itself.

Archived