TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Mark Martin

RUFDRAFT

Tough call.

Does a driver maintain his integrity and not win a championship? Or does he follow the paths of the young lions who seem to follow the paradigmn put forth by Dale Sr? (vis a vie - the left rear quarter panel tap to pass?)

Appparently, Mark is making enough $$ to keep fuel in his personal Jet to not worry about the issue.

Now - how many fans really care about a driver changing teams? :finger:

It's - all - about - the - money.

i.e. - all pro sports.

Some college drop out slams a basketball really well and he's got a Maybach and a house with more bathrooms than I have lamps.

I'm teaching at a university and I'm driving a Ford. :shrug:

Tough call.

Does a driver maintain his integrity and not win a championship? Or does he follow the paths of the young lions who seem to follow the paradigmn put forth by Dale Sr? (vis a vie - the left rear quarter panel tap to pass?)

Appparently, Mark is making enough $$ to keep fuel in his personal Jet to not worry about the issue.

Now - how many fans really care about a driver changing teams? :finger:

It's - all - about - the - money.

i.e. - all pro sports.

Some college drop out slams a basketball really well and he's got a Maybach and a house with more bathrooms than I have lamps.

I'm teaching at a university and I'm driving a Ford. :shrug:

Mark is going out to pasture with an organization that will transition him out of racing. I don't know if Roush would let him do that. :shrug: Wish he'd have gone to Yeatts, they've been struggling pretty bad.

Mark Martin sucks.

And that's all I have to say about that.

Defector. :banghead:

Ruf,

I just about spilled my coffee all over myself when I read this post, I just couldn't believe it. I thought what's all this about. Then I went to the Nascar website and just about :fan: my pants. I would have never thought it, but there it was, Martin goes to the dark side. I read the article, grasping for something to understand why.

Well, I was going to give up Nascar next year with Toadoto coming in, guess this is another reason to start watching NHRA. I am devastated.

If there is a saving grace, at least its an American Car :cry:

I agree with Bryan; everything comes down to dollars and cents. Professional athletes of every ilk are the same. They just go where the money is. It's not a slight against their nature, it's just the way it is. It astounds me that more people don't realize that this is the nature of the world, and it blows me away that anyone can follow a team (any team) for years, despite the fact that they've changed players and owners time and again. It's one thing to root for the home team, but I know a lot of fellas that are die-hard fans of teams from all over the country simply because they've enjoyed a winning streak in recent years and want to ride their coat tails. Fair weather fans is what I call them; they latch onto a winner to claim their victory as their own.

I've been thinking....(yikes).

Mark has plenty of bread.

He should have made this his last Cup season - period.

Go drive trucks or whatever next year - but end the career with Jack - who stood by him all these years - and the fans who have followed and supported him all these years - who helped provide him with the luxurious lifestyle he now enjoys. How many of y'all expect to own and drive your own jet anytime soon?

No - be a selfish little :censored: and drive a bowtie now and then.

Bad Form, Little Mark.

I'm having the tattoo taken off my arm.

I've been thinking....(yikes).

Mark has plenty of bread.

He should have made this his last Cup season - period.

Go drive trucks or whatever next year - but end the career with Jack - who stood by him all these years - and the fans who have followed and supported him all these years - who helped provide him with the luxurious lifestyle he now enjoys. How many of y'all expect to own and drive your own jet anytime soon?

No - be a selfish little :censored: and drive a bowtie now and then.

Bad Form, Little Mark.

I'm having the tattoo taken off my arm.

Yeah, gotta agree. I wasn't joking earlier about being devastated. Man, thats gonna hurt getting the blowtorch out to get that tatoo off. Won't tell you where mine is. :cry:

I'm not sure I am even gonna watch the race today. :rant:

He's been a 'Has Been' since he raced the M&M's car. :shift: Good ridance to him. Damn Old Fart!!

I'm confused. Mark never ran the M&M's car and Elliott Sadler is too young to be referred to as an 'old fart'. Not trying to be a a$$, but I just wanna be sure you're flaming Mark Martin... and speaking of such...

I have always been a Martin fan. But this is pure crap. He can't need the money. He just wants to be with a team that will allow him to run 20-22 races instead of the full schedule. Crap, he couldn't find a Ford based team to do this? What happened with Brian Simo and the #60 car? Yates couldn't have put him in a car for '07? There had to be other options. But to go a drive a freakin' Monte Carlo next year is fn sad.

I moved on to Carl Edwards early last year and I'm extremely disappointed he did not make the chase in '06. But Mark going to MB2 Motorsports redefines the term 'disappoinment'.

Jack Roush and Ford put that @#$%$#@ guy on the map. I realize it's a business, but I can still have an opinion on the matter and I agree with 07 Shelby. He's a has been and I could care less if he wins the championship this year after all these years of pulling for the guy.

Mark Martin sucks.

And that's all I have to say about that.

Defector. :banghead:

MB2 to Ford? Martin part owner? The LTN Radio Network reported today [Oct 8th] that Mark Martin's long-term plans with MB2 Motorsports will include at least part ownership of the team. This ownership, combined with Martin's long-term relationship with Ford, means the 3-car team will change to the "blue-oval" before Daytona 2007. The team will also include 2 Busch cars and 2 late models for a driver development program.(LTN Radio Network)(10-8-2006)

FEEL ANY BETTER NOW RUF?

No - I don't.

Some things still matter to me - like loyalty and remembering where you came from.

Ford - and Roush - put Mark on the map.

If he's going to be an owner - wait until he's a Ford team owner.

He's showing zero gratefulness to his fans and his brand.

I'm still feeling betrayed.

Enjoy the ride home, Mark. You're a slut.

MB2 to Ford? Martin part owner? The LTN Radio Network reported today [Oct 8th] that Mark Martin's long-term plans with MB2 Motorsports will include at least part ownership of the team. This ownership, combined with Martin's long-term relationship with Ford, means the 3-car team will change to the "blue-oval" before Daytona 2007. The team will also include 2 Busch cars and 2 late models for a driver development program.(LTN Radio Network)(10-8-2006)

FEEL ANY BETTER NOW RUF?

Hmmm, this changes everything... if it's true... :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Hmmm, this changes everything... if it's true... :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

For what its worth ,the owner of MB2 motorsports ,Mr Ginn I believe his name is , said on Wind Tunnel last night that they have "No" plans to leave "Chevy" and go to Ford. That they are happy with the relationship they have with Hendrick in regards to the engine program.

As far as judging Mark Martin for leaving Roush and going to MB2 ,I might be disapointed but I still wish him well. He has been a good ambasador for both NASCAR and Ford his whole career. I would like to see him leave with this years championship.

With regards to loyality, Ford could learn some lessons themselves and start by careing more for their customers . They have stood by and allowed many of their dealers take early deposits only to break the contracts later when they saw the E' Bay frenzy .Many of these being long time customers with Ford even longer than Mark Martin was.

No - I don't.

Some things still matter to me - like loyalty and remembering where you came from.

Ford - and Roush - put Mark on the map.

If he's going to be an owner - wait until he's a Ford team owner.

He's showing zero gratefulness to his fans and his brand.

I'm still feeling betrayed.

Enjoy the ride home, Mark. You're a slut.

OH how nasty, Never hurt the one`s you love.

I don't usually.

I considered Mark family. And where I'm from - once you're family - you're always family.

Mark is no longer family.

You know what that means?

Don't call for bail money.

Ruf, you can't have it both ways. Besides ,maybe he's having a momentary lapse in judgement. :banghead: Everyone is entilted to one mistake in life aren't they?

If he is family shouldn't you cut him some slack? :cry:

Apparently, you haven't spent much time around Italian families!

He left for one reason - money.

Have some class - wait until the season is over - then put yourself on the street. Perhaps he needs another Lear Jet.

Sorry - this one is a no-brainer. This isn't some momentary lapse in judgement - like a traffic signal. He gave this some thought.

Millions of fans have supported him - and Roush - and Ford.

Sorry. I wouldn't stop to help him change a flat tire.

Bada Bing. :rant:

Okay - if his $900,000 motorhome broke down on I-95 - and the A/C quit - and he was out of Cheez Wiz - and his cell went dead - and he couldn't call his private helo - and he was out of skin lotion - - I wouldn't stop to help him. :rockon:

Archived