TEAM SHELBY FORUM

used cars ok for upgrade?

greaser

i went thru the 5 pages of posts but couldnt find for sure that a used car is ok for the upgrade. i realy want to get the wife one but with the sgt payment and the fact that i have found a few killer deals on 07 v6s i would like to know if we could go that route.

thanks

My car was used with 8400 miles on it. It doesn't matter as long as the car isn't a beater.

well i talked it over with her and it looks like spring may bring a new colt to the herd lol. is there any word on when prodution will end? i saw that they dont plan to be running at full steam untill dec.

Well, production is just starting with the shops. You know the drill, if you want the car delivered by spring, call either Tasca or Quantum and ask for an estimate as to build time (ie: when they can build your car if you put down your deposit today).

The only reason I say that is the shops are getting busier, so the date they can build is getting pushed out. I am NOT saying that if you put your money down today it would get built in spring, I am just saying that a call would give you a bead on the lead time to build, so you can plan apropriately.

Actually, the best time to buy is winter for the Mustang, so- if you can do it- I would shop between Nov-Feb for an especially great deal. You may save enough off the car to make the package more affordable faster!

Hope this helps!

Chris

Well, production is just starting with the shops. You know the drill, if you want the car delivered by spring, call either Tasca or Quantum and ask for an estimate as to build time (ie: when they can build your car if you put down your deposit today).

The only reason I say that is the shops are getting busier, so the date they can build is getting pushed out. I am NOT saying that if you put your money down today it would get built in spring, I am just saying that a call would give you a bead on the lead time to build, so you can plan apropriately.

Actually, the best time to buy is winter for the Mustang, so- if you can do it- I would shop between Nov-Feb for an especially great deal. You may save enough off the car to make the package more affordable faster!

Hope this helps!

Chris

I just sent in my deposit for CSM 08 TRT 0404 to Quantum and I have an early 1Q09 estimated mod date primarily due to the overall backlog of CSM's at Quantum. They have over 50 cars li backlog for upgrade mods.

Jim

I just sent in my deposit for CSM 08 TRT 0404 to Quantum and I have an early 1Q09 estimated mod date primarily due to the overall backlog of CSM's at Quantum. They have over 50 cars li backlog for upgrade mods.

Jim

Oh yea. Quantum is full. They have filled up both 10k sf buildings with cars. Walking in is like a kid going to a candy store. Makes you all giddy just looking.

I talked with the Shelby folks from the Vegas shop over the weekend at the Queen Mary Mustang show in Long Beach CA. They had brought 2 Terlinguas with them. I also talked to the project guy, Doug, on the phone. All said that Vegas will start building Terlinguas sometime next year, perhaps by the summer. At present, they are too busy building Super Snakes for Ford. Having a shop building the Terlinguas out west will be a big help.

Archived