TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ford Racing Cobra Jet

SVThopeful

Last week Ford Racing had the new Cobra Jet out for testing. Because they were just testing, they weren't displaying or recording ETs or MPH for the runs.

YouTube - Cobra Jet Testing at Milan

Here’s the press release on the car

http://www.fordracingparts.com/announcements/news82.asp

I was there with Ford Racing's GT Convertible. The car has their 400hp Super Pack, shifter, FR500S Axle-back, X-pipe, shorty headers, and 3.73 gears.

IMG_3858.jpg

IMG_3869.jpg

IMG_3861.jpg

f5ca73e7-2.jpg

Last week Ford Racing had the new Cobra Jet out for testing. Because they were just testing, they weren't displaying or recording ETs or MPH for the runs.

YouTube - Cobra Jet Testing at Milan

Here’s the press release on the car

http://www.fordracingparts.com/announcements/news82.asp

I was there with Ford Racing's GT Convertible. The car has their 400hp Super Pack, shifter, FR500S Axle-back, X-pipe, shorty headers, and 3.73 gears.

I WONDER IF YOU REMEMBER OR KNOW WHAT THE WHITE COBRA JET RAN IN THE 1/4 ; AND WHAT

DID THE YELLOW VERT RUN.

I KNOW PAUL SVINICKI AND ACTUALLY SAW THE CJ AT HIS SHOP ON 9/17/08. THAT BEING SAID,

PAUL TUNED MY GT500 VERT AND I HAVE THE SAME WIDEN REAR WHEELS N TIRES ON MY CAR AS

DOES THE COBRA JET CAR. I KNOW THAT PAUL TUNED THE CJ FOR FORD RACING AND SET UP THE

NARROWED FRONT WHEELS N CARS SUSPENSION. I WAS WONDER IF YOU KNEW THE TIMES OR MPH.

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY INFO. HERE'S A PIC OF MY GT500 LAUNCHING AT MILAN.9/17/08

SCOTTY

post-18850-1223327362_thumb.jpg

I WONDER IF YOU REMEMBER OR KNOW WHAT THE WHITE COBRA JET RAN IN THE 1/4 ; AND WHAT

DID THE YELLOW VERT RUN.

I KNOW PAUL SVINICKI AND ACTUALLY SAW THE CJ AT HIS SHOP ON 9/17/08. THAT BEING SAID,

PAUL TUNED MY GT500 VERT AND I HAVE THE SAME WIDEN REAR WHEELS N TIRES ON MY CAR AS

DOES THE COBRA JET CAR. I KNOW THAT PAUL TUNED THE CJ FOR FORD RACING AND SET UP THE

NARROWED FRONT WHEELS N CARS SUSPENSION. I WAS WONDER IF YOU KNEW THE TIMES OR MPH.

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY INFO. HERE'S A PIC OF MY GT500 LAUNCHING AT MILAN.9/17/08

SCOTTY

Nice picture :beerchug:

We weren't recording times for the Cobra Jet as it was just durability testing.

I ran a best of 13.7 at 107 in the orange vert. It's a GT with the 400hp supercharger kit. The car was bogging but I didn't have time to play around with launching the car (I only got two runs in). However, based on how the car felt, I would guess it is a low 13 or high 12 second car if launched correctly.

That FR500 CJ is going to be one fun strip car! I may just have to get one

Hope you're an insider w/ lots of dough - there will only be 50 of them!!

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/10/07/more-pi...00cj-cobra-jet/

Nice picture :beerchug:

We weren't recording times for the Cobra Jet as it was just durability testing.

I ran a best of 13.7 at 107 in the orange vert. It's a GT with the 400hp supercharger kit. The car was bogging but I didn't have time to play around with launching the car (I only got two runs in). However, based on how the car felt, I would guess it is a low 13 or high 12 second car if launched correctly.

I had just came from Pauls shop. I had several runs in the mid to high 11's. Still trying some drag radials.

i am going to get some 15 inch wheels and slicks on there . That should move me into the mid to hi 10's.

looking forward to some 1.5-1.60 sixty foot times. i got some custom skinny front gt500 wheels. Now. i will

get this front end off the ground at test and tune.

may be i will see you wed 8th

Archived