TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My Red with White Stripes

GT500SC07

post-2999-1160189047_thumb.jpgSorry it took so long to post some photo's of my Shelby arriving at the dealership on a day I just happened to stop by with my two kids, how lucky was that. She is safe at home and I am currently looking for the best insurance deal, currently at Farmers for 1500/yr. Just got a quote from AAA for 462.00/6months almost half of Farmers. Received my 1/18 scale Shelby from the Fordcollection.com, very impressed with the quality and detail. Are there any other Michigan folks out there getting a Shelby that would like to meet before the snow starts to drop?

post-2999-1160188742_thumb.jpgpost-2999-1160188468_thumb.jpgpost-2999-1160188514_thumb.jpgpost-2999-1160188556_thumb.jpgpost-2999-1160188342_thumb.jpgpost-2999-1160188390_thumb.jpgpost-2999-1160188430_thumb.jpg

post-2999-1160188342_thumb.jpg

post-2999-1160188390_thumb.jpg

post-2999-1160188430_thumb.jpg

post-2999-1160188468_thumb.jpg

post-2999-1160188514_thumb.jpg

post-2999-1160188556_thumb.jpg

post-2999-1160188742_thumb.jpg

post-2999-1160189047_thumb.jpg

Congrats and good luck,i have the same colors on order. How is the quality of the paint and striping. Did you get the interior upgrade package as well . Thanks for the pics. :party:

Very Happy with the paint, no orange peel, I had a local paint shop check the car out and they were impressed with the paint. I did get the red inserts and very glad I did. I went back and forth with that option and at the last minute decided to go for it. All of my friends and family members love the red inserts, the color looks better than some of the early photo's of the car. The stripes turned out very nice, I am very detailed oriented and noticed very minor stripe issues, but I am the only one so far that has noticed. Overall the car is totally awesome. I had a woman driving a SRT8 charger give me the thumbs up yesterday on Woodward avenue north of Detroit.

Hmmm, why does it seem that a lot of us 40 somethings' purchasing Shelby's have young families? I have two Girls 7 and 5 as well as a Boy 15 months. I guess we're remaining young in more than one way!?! Nothing like children to keep you active! ;)

Congrats from Your Ontario neighbours GT500SC07!! :beerchug:

The Best choice in colour by the way. Red with White Stripes and Red Inserts. The Canadian Edition, right RUF?!

Hmmm, why does it seem that a lot of us 40 somethings' purchasing Shelby's have young families? I have two Girls 7 and 5 as well as a Boy 15 months. I guess we're remaining young in more than one way!?! Nothing like children to keep you active! ;)

Congrats from Your Ontario neighbours GT500SC07!! :beerchug:

The Best choice in colour by the way. Red with White Stripes and Red Inserts. The Canadian Edition, right RUF?!

Hey if you good guys from Canada want to meet with the Shelby's I am up for it.

My wife and I got a late start on having kids, I'll be 48 in January and having a blast with the little ones. Very happy to get the Shelby for us all to enjoy for years to come. I plan on keeping the car until I am six feet under, hopefully that's at least another 30-40 years from now. Are you any where near Windsor?

Very Happy with the paint, no orange peel, I had a local paint shop check the car out and they were impressed with the paint. I did get the red inserts and very glad I did. I went back and forth with that option and at the last minute decided to go for it. All of my friends and family members love the red inserts, the color looks better than some of the early photo's of the car. The stripes turned out very nice, I am very detailed oriented and noticed very minor stripe issues, but I am the only one so far that has noticed. Overall the car is totally awesome. I had a woman driving a SRT8 charger give me the thumbs up yesterday on Woodward avenue north of Detroit.

You'll want to keep that one forever because you have the only red one without orange peel. They actually, purposely, orange peel (used here as a verb) the clear in order to get refraction and refection from the application. Otherwise, you have a very flat, very dull finish. It is most certainly possible to flat sand the clearcoat and then start applying multiple coats until the desired visual depth is acheived.

Mine...and every other non-metallic one I've seen...had orange peel on every inch of the metal surfaces. I'm having an artist paint the stripes (over the top only, since I don't want to touch up or replace the side/GT stripes every 6 months) on my car. His greatest concern for doing this type of paint job is that it's really difficult to match the level of peel when the hood, top and deck surfaces are re-cleared. It ain't easy, thus a custom painter and a buttload o' cash versus a regular paint shop.

Congrats on your car!!!!

:shift:

bj

You'll want to keep that one forever because you have the only red one without orange peel. They actually, purposely, orange peel (used here as a verb) the clear in order to get refraction and refection from the application. Otherwise, you have a very flat, very dull finish. It is most certainly possible to flat sand the clearcoat and then start applying multiple coats until the desired visual depth is acheived.

Mine...and every other non-metallic one I've seen...had orange peel on every inch of the metal surfaces. I'm having an artist paint the stripes (over the top only, since I don't want to touch up or replace the side/GT stripes every 6 months) on my car. His greatest concern for doing this type of paint job is that it's really difficult to match the level of peel when the hood, top and deck surfaces are re-cleared. It ain't easy, thus a custom painter and a buttload o' cash versus a regular paint shop.

Congrats on your car!!!!

Hey VNMOUS1, mine was produced on the same day as yours, and I don't have any noticeable orange peel. Took the car to a reputable custom paint shop to talk about painting the stripes on. $3200 to remove vinal top stripes, remove bumpers and spoilers, sand clear, shoot painted stripes, and re-clear top of car and bumbers, re-assemble bumpers and spoiler assemblies. He says I won't be able to feel the strips in the paint. Because my paint looks very good already, I don't think I'm going to spend the money. My stripes look really good also, for being vinal. If I had to repaint the car for some reason, I would have the stripes painted on.

I have heard the vinal stripes will crack from UV rays, and there is something that can be applied to them to prevent cracking, I don't know what this is?

:shift:

bj

I had a woman driving a SRT8 charger give me the thumbs up yesterday on Woodward avenue north of Detroit.

Sounds like you're having a blast with the new toy. Congrats!

I've already booked my hotel for the 2007 Woodward cruise. It would be great to have a bunch of GT500s get together and cruise as a group. Anyone else thinking of attending?

To anyone who lives a couple of hours from Detroit: you've GOT to attend the Dream Cruise.

Of course, that's assuming that my car shows up by then... :rant:

Archived