TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Latest Mod

Just got finished installing Clear Front Corner Lenses. I think it really cleans up the look of the car. No more of that ugly orange. And I also used chrome bulbs, so you don't see the amber bulbs through the clear lenses. Real easy install too. 1/2 hour for both sides. Evan

BEFORE:

before.jpg

AFTER:

after.jpg

after2.jpg

Just got finished installing Clear Front Corner Lenses. I think it really cleans up the look of the car. No more of that ugly orange. And I also used chrome bulbs, so you don't see the amber bulbs through the clear lenses. Real easy install too. 1/2 hour for both sides. Evan

I was prepared to not like what you did from just reading the words of your post (I kind of like the orange lenses on my blue car). But the photos really do tell the story. On a white car what you did really, as you said, cleaned up the look of the car. Very nice.

Jim

Hmmmm. The clear bulbs, so does it look like "4-headlights"?

I like the clean look of the clear covers, but prefer the orange lights IMO.

Dan

I should have been a little more specific. The chrome bulbs shine amber, but they just don't have the yellow coating on the outside. You wouldn't think it would work, but they definitely flash amber.

Evan

I should have been a little more specific. The chrome bulbs shine amber, but they just don't have the yellow coating on the outside. You wouldn't think it would work, but they definitely flash amber.

Evan

Thanks.

In that case, perfect!

Great choice, especially on the white SGT.

Hmmm....I wonder how that'd look on black... :drool:

Thanks.

In that case, perfect!

Great choice, especially on the white SGT.

Hmmm....I wonder how that'd look on black... :drool:

Yeah, not sure how it will look on the black or blue SGT's. :headscratch: I'm sure there are other who have done it. Maybe they can post pics.

They look awesome. I'm gonna have to add that to my mod list.

Evan that really looks sharp. Just makes the car so much cleaner looking. I've done the same treatment to my last 2 bikes with the chrome bulbs. So what was your source. Gotta do it!

Jim

Thanks for all the compliments. I got the lenses from American Muscle and the chrome bulbs I got on Ebay. You'll need 2 type 194A bulbs and 2 type 3157A bulbs. The guy I got mine from sold them in pairs.

Heres the links.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/2005-turn-si...ghts-clear.html

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Car-Truck-...d=p4506.c0.m245

Awesome! Nice mod, it's on my list now. More important stuff like brakes and clutch first, but before X-Mas for sure.

Kudos for adding the links to resources, that's what being a good Team Shelby player is all about, thank you.

You can also buy clear replacements for the rear side red bumper lamps:

http://www.americanmuscle.com/2005-clear-r...umper-lens.html

Here are the turn signal lights for a black car!

http://www.americanmuscle.com/2005-turn-si...ghts-black.html

NOTE! Both of these are available elsewhere as well.

BEFORE:

before.jpg

AFTER:

after.jpg

after2.jpg

looks great makes a big difference did mine in smoked

post-18733-1223176710_thumb.jpg

post-18733-1223176710_thumb.jpg

tekheavy,

White look awesome on a White SGT.

However, i think smoke will look better for a black SGT.

I am planning to do this mod...

Thanks Slamarre. Now, if they'd only make some blue lenses for the guys with blue SGT's :happy feet:

Thanks Slamarre. Now, if they'd only make some blue lenses for the guys with blue SGT's :happy feet:

I have a set of the clear lenses on order. I actually saw them on a blue SGT first, TClark1976 has them on his car and they look great. Another name for the chrome bulbs is Stealth Bulbs. They are chrome until flashing, then they are amber.

Dave

I have a set of the clear lenses on order. I actually saw them on a blue SGT first, TClark1976 has them on his car and they look great. Another name for the chrome bulbs is Stealth Bulbs. They are chrome until flashing, then they are amber.

Dave

I saw TClarks too and they looked great. Im ashamed to admit I wanted to do this too but didnt want to be the first for fear they wouldnt look right. I will be ordering mine soon. Look Awesome.

Now, could someone try the rear corner lights too. I want to try those as well.

Archived