TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Package pricing

StrayShadow

Anyone know why the Shelby Package price is different on SGT's. My Shelby Package price

was 10,990.00. I have seen a few 07 and 08 SGT's with different pricing on the Shelby Package.

I have seen it from 8900.00 to 10,900.00. Why such different pricing?

Total MSRP on my 07 SGT was 32,035.00 + 10,990.00 Shelby Package, + 599.00 paint fabric leather

protection = Total 43,624.00 <--- not even close to what I paid for it!

Sorry if repeating a topic!

Kevin

07SGT2591

Shelby-showroom.jpg

I think it varys because of option packages that they put on, or what the car comes with. I've seen some SGT's with a jazzed up interior, etc.

The 2007s actually didn't come with a MSRP on the sticker. The $7390 + $1000 GGT was the invoice price to dealers. It had no profit built in. A portion of the early cars showed $7390 on the sticker. At some point in production the Shelby sticker only showed the $1000 GGT. The 2008s had actual MSRP on the Shelby sticker with a built in profit for the dealers. The convertibles are more because of additional part(s), like the light bar.

The Shelby Package price was not on the basic MSRP window sticker on the passenger

side window. The only thing on that window sticker was "GT Upfitters package" at 2140.00.

There was also no Shelby Package dollar figure on the SAI window sticker on the front

windshield. The dollar amount for the Shelby Package was, and still is because I saved them,

on an Add-A-Tag sticker beside the factory MSRP window sticker on the passenger side

window. I did not know if the figure was a dealer ADM or a set price from SAI. So each

Shelby Package cost the dealers 7900.00 + 1000.00 ggsc, then the dealers marked them

up from there?

Kevin

07SGT2591

Shelby-showroom.jpg

Shelbypilot hit the nail on the head. The Shelby package on 07s was $7390

plus $1000 for GGT. Total of $8390.

The story I heard was dealers balked because that is exactly what they paid SAI,

not what they wanted to charge US.

Later the Shelby window sticker was issued without a price

so the dealer could put on his own.

Thus you saw one with the $10,990, that must have been 2nd gen Shelby window

sticker and the dealer marked it up $2600 from $8390 to $10,990.

For my 2008 SGT convertible upgrade pricing was:

$10,800 for Shelby Modifications (my discounted price was $9939)

$1000 for Gas Guzzler tax (no breaks here)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

$11,800 total MSRP (10,939 discounted total)

The price difference is for a convertible vs. coupe. Here is the pricing from the Shelby sticker on my Barrett Jackson 'verts:

Package Price: $10,800

Barrett Jackson Limited Edition: $1,250

Donation to Carroll Shelby Childrens Foundation $250

EPA "Gas Guzzler" surcharge: $1,000

Total: $13,300

In the Team Shelby Forum Download Section there is a 2008 Shelby Dealer Price Card showing a breakdown of the Shelby Packages:

Coupe

Dealer Charge $7,390

Dealer Margin $1,110

Gas Guzzler $1,000

Total Shelby MSRP $9,500

Convertible

Dealer Charge $9,390

Dealer Margin $1,410

Gas Guzzler $1,000

Total Shelby MSRP $11,800

Note indicates the Shelby Package provides the Dealer a 13% Margin with no dealer holdback included. To MM's point, the 08's had a built in Margin on the Shelby Package for the dealers.

Archived