TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Sequential tail lights question.

After attending the Terlingua event I've seen a few folks with the sequential tail lights on their mustangs and i really like them quite a bit, I've seen them mostly on the 40th GT500s. In any case if you have installed those on your vehicle where did you get them from,ease of installation and are you happy with them?

I am looking around at different places right now and American Muscle sells some but I don't know if they are only turn signal sequential or are they also brake light sequential like the 40ths. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

They are available from several places - I got mine from CDC. This should take you there:

http://www.classicdesignconcepts.com/shop/...etail&p=120

The kit SPP sell is from CDC. They are excellent. You may find them listed under "dynamite stick", although they are no longer like the original '60's dynamite stick.

You take off the light covers (from inside the trunk) like you would to change a bulb. You just unplug the original wiring harness, move the bulbs to the new harness, and put it back in the car. If I had to do it over, I'd remove the Shaker box (four bolts, very easy also), that would make the passenger side a lot easier.

From what I have seen, the prices are just about the same everywhere. I paid $149, they are now listed at $156.

Yeah, I got mine from American Muscle. Love em. Very easy install. 1/2 hour tops.

Evan

+1

I got them there, too.

Actually, one of the harnesses was bad. I called them the next day and they sent a replacement to me overnight. They didn't want me to have to wait until they received the defective one back.

So they had great customer service!

One thing that I have seen mentioned is that apparently there are two types. One, like the ones I have also sequentially turn on the brake lights. This is how the original ones worked in the 60's

The second type operates the brake lights normally and only sequentials the turn blinkers.

Just an FYI.

Good luck. Either way, I think you;ll love them!!!

+1

I got them there, too.

Actually, one of the harnesses was bad. I called them the next day and they sent a replacement to me overnight. They didn't want me to have to wait until they received the defective one back.

So they had great customer service!

One thing that I have seen mentioned is that apparently there are two types. One, like the ones I have also sequentially turn on the brake lights. This is how the original ones worked in the 60's

The second type operates the brake lights normally and only sequentials the turn blinkers.

Just an FYI.

Good luck. Either way, I think you;ll love them!!!

Just placed my order with AM, they'll be here by next week, I can't wait. I did call them to verify if they do the whole sequential thing upon braking and turning and I was told ye and he assured me by directing me to their website and it stated this,

AM introduces the ALL NEW Sequential Tail Lights System for the 2005+ Mustang! This dynamite design requires no core and no splicing, because all circuitry is built right into the harness. The result is a high tech lighting effect for the rear end of your Mustang with simple installation. This Sequential Tail Light System will sequence once and then stay solid when the brakes are applied, and will sequence with the left and right turn signal respectfully.

NOTE: Includes 2 Inline Unit Harnesses, one for each side, that replace your factory harness.

I can't wait!!!! :happy feet: They have very good reviews. Again folks, thank you all for your help. This is what this site is all about, teamwork!!!! :happy feet:

If you saw the sequentials at Terlingua, you prolly saw mine from CDC. Great package and easy install, about 1/2 an hour. Outstanding looks and operation, I get a lot of compliments about them. I also added the CDC LCD 3rd brake light kit, it's very effective.

Happy motoring!

I tried to modify my sequential lights to blink slower. Took the whole unit apart to see if there was an adjustment screw on the circuit board. There isn't :banghead: Still workin' on it. Might have to change the value of a resistor or two or modify the flasher system. :doh:

American Muscle was the least expensive and they are made by WEB. Easy to install unless you have a Shaker 1000 like me.

Yup, that's why I went with them. So I hope all goes well, now after reading that thread with the unhappy customer with the exhaust issue I hope I don't get caught in the same problem. However, I must say that I've read nothing but good reviews on this particular part so it should be all good.

Yeah, I too have the shaker 1000 but reading Roger's post should make things go quicker.

I tried to modify my sequential lights to blink slower. Took the whole unit apart to see if there was an adjustment screw on the circuit board. There isn't :banghead: Still workin' on it. Might have to change the value of a resistor or two or modify the flasher system. :doh:

Yeah, that was my reason for not going with sequentials...I thought they flashed too fast...all of them I've seen were too fast...so I asked WebElectric if they could make me a custom Brake Light Harness that would just light up all six lights when i step on the brake instead. They did, and they worked perfectly like I wanted...I had noticed that the older Shelby Mustangs had all six brake lights light up when the brake was depressed, and I wanted that nostalgic look, but didn't really care for the sequentials at the speed they flash...I'm happy now though...

post-19184-1223069895_thumb.jpg

post-19184-1223069895_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
I had noticed that the older Shelby Mustangs had all six brake lights light up when the brake was depressed, and I wanted that nostalgic look, but didn't really care for the sequentials at the speed they flash...I'm happy now though...

I watched a rerun of the Barrett-Jackson auction over the weekend. They had Ol Shelby's personal 1969 Red GT500 ‘Vert on the block. When it drove away, I noticed that the brake lights WERE sequential, too. They sequenced once, and then stayed lit; just like the current CDC, etc.

Earlier in the auction, they had another 60's Shelby. It did the same thing.

Archived