TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Clutch Concerns

cleghornm

I have a 2008 GT 500,

I don't drive the car but once a week or so, so most of the time it sits. Most of the time when I start it after it sits awhile it make a noise, sort of a grinding noise. It does it with the clutch in or out, which I can feel in my foot through the clutch pedal, and even seems to get louder if you set on the brake? The dealer has looked at it and loosened all mounting points retightened, still does it. Clutch hiss is normal, shifts fine, no neutral drag. But I know that grinding sound is not normal, but it will go away after the car warms up some a minute or so. 6500 miles on the car.

Thanks for the Help,

Mike :headscratch:

I have a 2008 GT 500,

I don't drive the car but once a wek or so, so most of the time it sits. Most of the time when I start it afetr it sits awhile it make a noise, sort of a grinding noise. I does it with the clutch in, which I can feel in my foot through the clutch pedal, and even seems to get louder if you set on the brake? The dealer ahs looked at it and loosed all mounting points retightened, still does it. Clutch hiss is normal, shifts fine, no neutral drag. But I know that grinding sound is not normal, but it wil go away after the car warms up some a minute or so.

Thanks for the Help,

Sounds to me like the clutch is dragging. Have your dealer do the TSB repair.

I have a 2008 GT 500,

I don't drive the car but once a week or so, so most of the time it sits. Most of the time when I start it after it sits awhile it make a noise, sort of a grinding noise. It does it with the clutch in or out, which I can feel in my foot through the clutch pedal, and even seems to get louder if you set on the brake? The dealer has looked at it and loosened all mounting points retightened, still does it. Clutch hiss is normal, shifts fine, no neutral drag. But I know that grinding sound is not normal, but it will go away after the car warms up some a minute or so. 6500 miles on the car.

Thanks for the Help,

This sounds similar to the bearing noise Grabber has documented. I don't have the link but do a seacrh, he has a nice video you can watch.

Al

Archived