TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Special Edition CS69 Wheels

They are black centers with Chrome spokes and outer rim. The center cap is the Blue CS logo with special edition added along with Carroll's signature. Very nice looking wheel.

Thanks for the info. Where do you find them? I looked through the 2008 Summer Shelby book but did not see them.

Those are really nice. They are even better in person. I saw a set being installed on a GT500 a couple of weeks ago at Tampa Bay Shelby. They were being done for Steve Turner, the editor of 5.0 Mustangs and Super Fords Magazine. They will be featured in the next edition of the magazine which isn't out yet. They looked really good on his Vapor GT500. So, if no one comes up with a picture of them on a GT500 or SGT check out the magazine or the 5.0 web page. I just checked and it isn't on their web page yet either. Also, if you are interested in getting them I know that you can get them through Steve at TBS.

Don

• 2 years later...

Here is a picture. If you contact Michael Morris through PM he should be able to get you what you need.

CS6920Spec_20Edit_.jpg

I know this post was old but I was wondering is this a special edition? Is it still available

Sam

I know this post was old but I was wondering is this a special edition? Is it still available

Sam

These have been discussed a time or two.

Fakes have been made, mainly on craigslist.

A few people still have some in a back room or basement.

When they are special Editions! What happens if you need to replace one? Curbed or whatever may happen and the wheel needs to be replaced????

I ask myself that question everyday.

Probrably why I never installed mine.

:headscratch:

• 1 month later...

These have been discussed a time or two.

Fakes have been made, mainly on craigslist.

A few people still have some in a back room or basement.

How can you tell the different? I have an opportunity to get (2) 20x9 & (2) 20x10 for $800.00 still in the box. Need inputs so I could go thru and check out each rim.

I was going to purchase, but they only come in 20". So I bought the 18" from MM. They are nice wheels. Just not in 20". MM should be able to get them.

Harald,

I'm in the middle if trying to figure out what rims I want to upgrade my 2008 SGT. Just wondered why you went with 18" instead of the 20"?

I'm trying to get rims that will allow me to upgrade the brakes....will your 18" clear the upgraded brake kits?

Thanks,

Andy.

How can you tell the different? I have an opportunity to get (2) 20x9 & (2) 20x10 for $800.00 still in the box. Need inputs so I could go thru and check out each rim.

Per the Shelby Wheel rep, they do not make the special editions anymore. too many quality control issues. You can still get the regular CS69's.

Anyone have a Vista Blue SGT with the CS69 Wheels on them?

I'd really like to see the difference in appearance between the Black versus the Chrome.

As long as I'm asking....how about 20 inch versus 18 inch, too?

Thanks,

Andy.

Per the Shelby Wheel rep, they do not make the special editions anymore. too many quality control issues. You can still get the regular CS69's.

Do you know what issues they had?

Do you know what issues they had?

I was told ALL the CS69's 18" and 20" work for larger brakes - I just don't remember how much larger.

The special editions come in a box that says "limited edition" they are ALL engraved in the rim "CSHELBY" and they all have the "special" center caps.

Anything else, and I would be guessing.

They are similar to the regular 20" CS69's.

I was told ALL the CS69's 18" and 20" work for larger brakes - I just don't remember how much larger.

The special editions come in a box that says "limited edition" they are ALL engraved in the rim "CSHELBY" and they all have the "special" center caps.

Anything else, and I would be guessing.

They are similar to the regular 20" CS69's.

untitled8.JPG

untitled8.JPG

Harald,

I'm in the middle if trying to figure out what rims I want to upgrade my 2008 SGT. Just wondered why you went with 18" instead of the 20"?

I'm trying to get rims that will allow me to upgrade the brakes....will your 18" clear the upgraded brake kits?

Thanks,

Andy.

I went with the 18 because of ride and I like the look of a liitle more side wall. To that end, many have the 20 inch rims and like the ride. I may just be old school. I can tell you the CS 69 now all have the Shelby script on the lip. When I got mine several years ago they did not. I had a tuff time finding a replacement one that did not have the Shelby name on the lip when I slightly scraped one. They will fit Brembos and 14 inch rotors..

I went with the 18 because of ride and I like the look of a liitle more side wall. To that end, many have the 20 inch rims and like the ride. I may just be old school. I can tell you the CS 69 now all have the Shelby script on the lip. When I got mine several years ago they did not. I had a tuff time finding a replacement one that did not have the Shelby name on the lip when I slightly scraped one. They will fit Brembos and 14 inch rotors..

Gotch ya...I'm trying to figure that part out myself. I had found a few 19 inch rims that I sort of like just because it would be a good compromise. Can you send me some pics of your rims? My email address is Andy@AndyJabaley.com if you don't mind :camera:

I have not seen what ANY CS69 looks like with the black inserts on any car yet..

Thanks,

Andy

Archived