TEAM SHELBY FORUM

stripes/scoop are done!!

angrrmgt

well, its over, i am getting ready to leave and pick up my car. the stripes and scoop are done and the only part that isnt is the Shelby letters. the letter "B" is on backorder so i have to brign the car back in a week to have the Shelby letters applied. i am being told the car looks great. we shall see in a couple of hours. i just hope the new scoop is riveted properly. i saw most of the stripes on the car and they look great!!! i've yet to see the new scoop!! i will keep all updated.

well, its over, i am getting ready to leave and pick up my car. the stripes and scoop are done and the only part that isnt is the Shelby letters. the letter "B" is on backorder so i have to brign the car back in a week to have the Shelby letters applied.

So for a week you have to drive a S H E L Y ?? :headscratch: Something sounds funny. They reused all my letters. Maybe they broke the "B" somehow when they were taking it off.

Evan

i pick it up today at 2pm. they wanted an extra day to detail it. i was told today that the only letters on the car are the s and y. i was told they have to ship back the "helb". sounds fishy to me.

My car is in the shop now! I went to several dealers and was told by 2 that all badges/ letters must be replaced once removed and told by another, that they simply replace the adhesive backing....

I went with the guy who simply replaces the adhesive backing. I want to preserve as much of my original gear as possible, anyway I feel it is a waste of time and money (albeit not mine) to order all new letters.

I have asked for the original scoop to be saved for me. I'm going to hang it on my wall of shame next to my wrecked R/C helecopter!

i pick it up today at 2pm. they wanted an extra day to detail it. i was told today that the only letters on the car are the s and y. i was told they have to ship back the "helb". sounds fishy to me.

I'm interested in the stripes. Are they centered 1" apart ALL the way?

I don't understand why they didn't reuse the letters. Its just double-stick tape.

I'm interested in the stripes. Are they centered 1" apart ALL the way?

I got my car back a couple weeks ago and my hood stripes were no where near even. Behind the scoop was fine, but right in front of the scoop they start out at 1 1/4" and go down to 7/8" by the grill. :banghead:

I got my car back a couple weeks ago and my hood stripes were no where near even. Behind the scoop was fine, but right in front of the scoop they start out at 1 1/4" and go down to 7/8" by the grill. :banghead:

TAKE IT BACK

There's never enough time to do it right but always enough time to do it over.

Jim

TAKE IT BACK

There's never enough time to do it right but always enough time to do it over.

Jim

Oh, believe me. I did!! I'm waiting for them to get an approval from Shelby to send them a second set of stripes at the Dealer's cost. According to the dealer, Shelby will only send you one set of replacement stripes per car under warrany. After that, it is the dealers responsibily if they screw up the install.

Evan

I wish I had a dollar for every time this has happened. The 7/8" at the bottom isn't too bad at all BUT the 1 1/4" is due to the way the hood curves and unless the installer works the stripes they will bow outwards. I had mine ripped off and redone. Now the dealer will fight you on this because it's out of their pocket now. They will also, when they find out how $$$ these are, try to use stripes that match and not stripes from SPP.

Word to the wise from experience!

Oh, believe me. I did!! I'm waiting for them to get an approval from Shelby to send them a second set of stripes at the Dealer's cost. According to the dealer, Shelby will only send you one set of replacement stripes per car under warrany. After that, it is the dealers responsibily if they screw up the install.

Evan

Missed this...yes, if the deraler messes up it's on their dime! Verify with SPP that they ordered the stripes. There really is no "approval" other than they verify that the car is an SGT and that they need to replace the stripes. I would verify that the order was placed with SPP.

My car is in the shop now! I went to several dealers and was told by 2 that all badges/ letters must be replaced once removed and told by another, that they simply replace the adhesive backing....

I went with the guy who simply replaces the adhesive backing. I want to preserve as much of my original gear as possible, anyway I feel it is a waste of time and money (albeit not mine) to order all new letters.

I have asked for the original scoop to be saved for me. I'm going to hang it on my wall of shame next to my wrecked R/C helecopter!

I don't think you are supposed to be able to keep the original scoop. SAI requires the dealer to send it to them, so it can't be used on a clone.

Missed this...yes, if the deraler messes up it's on their dime! Verify with SPP that they ordered the stripes. There really is no "approval" other than they verify that the car is an SGT and that they need to replace the stripes. I would verify that the order was placed with SPP.

Thanks, Jeff, will do.

car is done and looks great!! there are some small issues that i will have taken care of when i go back to have the letters reapplied to the trunk. overall the job is good. the new scoop looks fantastic.

Glad to hear it is working out. I am surprised they have to restripe the whole car. Wow.

Archived