TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What are the Chances?

GTorSSguy

Just wondering what you guys thought of asking your dealer for the deposit on a KR back. Put money down in March and I'm tired of waiting and the economy is not doing too well either. Do yall think they would refund or am I dreaming. I'm not going to the lengths of fighting over it or even arguing because it's not the dealers fault that I've changed my mind. Just thought I'd ask here before looking like I lost my mind when I call the dealer. Whatcha think about it????

Just wondering what you guys thought of asking your dealer for the deposit on a KR back. Put money down in March and I'm tired of waiting and the economy is not doing too well either. Do yall think they would refund or am I dreaming. I'm not going to the lengths of fighting over it or even arguing because it's not the dealers fault that I've changed my mind. Just thought I'd ask here before looking like I lost my mind when I call the dealer. Whatcha think about it????

check the state law and BBB, deposits are refundable unless you've signed a contact stating "non-refundable"

If you are working with an honest dealership then

you should be able to ask for your deposit back. The

price on these cars is falling fast. The other alternative

is to talk to a good attorney and have them review

the situation and give you advice. I find its better to

try and work things out. Just my .02c

Just wondering what you guys thought of asking your dealer for the deposit on a KR back.

Did you already agree on a price? Just the delivery delays alone should be plenty of reason to get your full deposit back. All things considered, I am thinking about asking for mine back as well (although I'm not worried as I have a receipt that clearly says it is refundable).

When I started my KR search 2 years ago, just about every dealer I spoke to already had a waiting list. Now, just looking at the sheer number that are hitting the market, I would like to bet that every dealership's "list" evaporated quite some time ago. As someone else said, this is the worst possible time for the KR's to hit the market, especially all at once.

Chris.

Did you already agree on a price? Just the delivery delays alone should be plenty of reason to get your full deposit back. All things considered, I am thinking about asking for mine back as well (although I'm not worried as I have a receipt that clearly says it is refundable).

When I started my KR search 2 years ago, just about every dealer I spoke to already had a waiting list. Now, just looking at the sheer number that are hitting the market, I would like to bet that every dealership's "list" evaporated quite some time ago. As someone else said, this is the worst possible time for the KR's to hit the market, especially all at once.

Chris.

Thanks Chris and all for your insights. I did already agree on a price and I signed a contract also but I was just trying to get the feel weather or not all you guys thought the dealer would refund either way. I think I'll just call and see if they have anyone else on the list and see if they are interested. We'll just have to see what shakes out.

Thanks Chris and all for your insights. I did already agree on a price and I signed a contract also but I was just trying to get the feel weather or not all you guys thought the dealer would refund either way. I think I'll just call and see if they have anyone else on the list and see if they are interested. We'll just have to see what shakes out.

they simply cannot keep your money. Ask them in a nice way to refund your money as you are tired of waiting and now lost interest.

Kind of like the SS package waiting on SA to call. Glad I did not give them money down 1 1/2yrs ago.

How much $$ did you give down?

I would think if they can't deliver the car, you get your money back. They can't keep it indefinitely.

Problem is who the heck says weather or not they can deliver the car, and what is an appropriate amount of time. I know in my business if I can't get a job done in a certain amount of time I either don't get the job or I don't get paid for it if I don't deliver. Good point switz. Thanks for the input. I'm in talks with the dealer now, I'll let you know how I make out.

you signed a "contract" or a Buyers Order??

I have gotten my deposit back on a motorcycle I was waiting for a new model and another location got it in first I called my 1st location where I had a deposit for the bike and then told them I wanted my money back and was going down the street becuase they got it first....they had no problem

My boss also got a deposit back on a KR he had signed up for becuase I found him one cheaper and faster than they had promised....there is always a way out don't be afraid to ask....the squeeky wheel gets the oil...LOL

you signed a "contract" or a Buyers Order??

I have gotten my deposit back on a motorcycle I was waiting for a new model and another location got it in first I called my 1st location where I had a deposit for the bike and then told them I wanted my money back and was going down the street becuase they got it first....they had no problem

My boss also got a deposit back on a KR he had signed up for becuase I found him one cheaper and faster than they had promised....there is always a way out don't be afraid to ask....the squeeky wheel gets the oil...LOL

Your right about the squeekin wheel Sha, I've got a call into the dealer now and the owner is supposed to call me back tomorrow. Yes I did sign a buyers order and it states no refund because you "change your mind". That's why I'm not going to fight real hard but I think they will work with me some. I did talk to my salesman on Friday and he said they don't have anyone else on the list for one of these cars and as a matter of fact we still have one that we have not sold yet, was his words to me. So at least they know that there is not alot of interest in these cars while the economy is in such turmoil. I will keep you informed as to what happens. See Ya Later.

Archived