TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Octoberfest Mini Gathering

Orf

It appears that a few of us might be getting together on the Outer Banks of North Carolina on Saturday, October 21st.

Just trying to see if there are any others who might be able to make it. This could be a good opportunity for pictures and video, as well as getting a chance to meet each other. :party:

Chime in if you're interested.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only way he's beating me is if we run on the beach! :happy feet:

...wait...I think it's the FedEx guy at the front door....it is...he's got 3 big boxes from...Livonia MI...Now I wonder what they might be.... :shift:

...got to remember to fill the tank with 93 octane.....he he.

It's not a Lightning, I was hoping we were running on the beach!!!!!!!! :hysterical:

Getting a weird mental image of you guys literally running on the beach -- in slowmo :hysterical:

Only way he's beating me is if we run on the beach! :happy feet:

...wait...I think it's the FedEx guy at the front door....it is...he's got 3 big boxes from...Livonia MI...Now I wonder what they might be.... :shift:

...got to remember to fill the tank with 93 octane.....he he.

Livonie! that can only mean one thing ;-)

Bryan, they tell you to run it the tank low then fill with 93 octane and then run that through and refill again with 93 before putting the Roushcharger on. Even 5-10% 87 octane in the mix can do damage. I read on a website that they've added a full page posting in the Roush owners manual because if there's engine damamge and any detectable 87 octane in the fuel system, they won't honor the warranty. Just wanted to mention it to you -- apparently it's genuinely important to do the double tank of 93, pain in the a$$ that it is.

-Dan

Getting a weird mental image of you guys literally running on the beach -- in slowmo :hysterical:

Very interesting, Dan. Let me ask you, when you visualize me running, am I wearing this?

Livonie! that can only mean one thing ;-)

Bryan, they tell you to run it the tank low then fill with 93 octane and then run that through and refill again with 93 before putting the Roushcharger on. Even 5-10% 87 octane in the mix can do damage. I read on a website that they've added a full page posting in the Roush owners manual because if there's engine damamge and any detectable 87 octane in the fuel system, they won't honor the warranty. Just wanted to mention it to you -- apparently it's genuinely important to do the double tank of 93, pain in the a$$ that it is.

-Dan

post-4913-1160435435_thumb.jpg

post-4913-1160435435_thumb.jpg

What?

Who's the one telling me he's "visualizing" me running on the beach, for goodness' sake?

And - in slo-mo!

Sorry - I only meant to push him past Jr......

I did say "weird mental images" like instead of the F150 and your GT -- not friggin thing boy! ;-)

Ah, your 'next door neighbor' again I see <lol> now she's much easier on the eyes, Ruf.

Roush must feel pretty good about his rookies and what Ford will be giving him to work with -- or Martin just demanded th big bucks!

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back to the crib from the Outer Banks Mustang Summit.

A very - very cool day.

Orf, me, scgt500, and mastersmech gatherup at the Orf Compound and then did a bit of terrorizing the local beach-type folks on Rt. 12.

Pics and video links to follow soon.

Thanks, Orf - you're a great host (he even let me & scgt drive his Shelby!).

Heading out to CVS to get some of the pics developed.

My first impression of driving a Shelby? ....where is that phone number for Roush Racing....???!

And - Orf - thank your mom again for posting our bail.

A very - very cool day.

You southern boys don't know about cool days. 68 degrees is plenty warm for me.

It was a great day. Nice to meet some of the guys from here. I didn't hear any negatives about my Corsas, so either everyone was being polite, or they actually do sound OK in person.

Pictures don't do the Rufstang justice. It is a sweet looking ride. Very impressive. Not to mention, if you run out of room in the trunk, there is still room under the hood. :hysterical: Sorry, Ruf, couldn't resist.

Mastersmech1 and scgt500 are good people, and their wives seemed to enjoy the get together as much as they did.

Out of 26 pictures, I picked a few of my favorites. I really like the reflection picture, but I have to give credit to Ruf, as it was his idea. I also like the shot from the ground a lot.

I have a few minutes of video. I'll try to get them up on You Tube when I get back home. I may try to get a copy of the entire video to Robert, to see if he can post it on the site.

post-2905-1161473372_thumb.jpgpost-2905-1161473406_thumb.jpgpost-2905-1161473451_thumb.jpg

post-2905-1161473488_thumb.jpgpost-2905-1161473543_thumb.jpgpost-2905-1161473587_thumb.jpg

post-2905-1161473372_thumb.jpg

post-2905-1161473406_thumb.jpg

post-2905-1161473451_thumb.jpg

post-2905-1161473488_thumb.jpg

post-2905-1161473543_thumb.jpg

post-2905-1161473587_thumb.jpg

Sure! One of his favorites is everyone standing in front of my car! :doh:

Here's the original comment about my engine compartment:

I pop my hood. The boys gather 'round to look. Orf says, "Gee, there's a lot of extra room in This engine compartment." Very funny!

Orf also bragged about finding a 4" antenna right after I told him I had just ordered a 14" - the shortest I could find!

SCGT rode with Orf toward the Sonic burger joint. The thing is - before Bill could fasten his seatbelt, Commander Orf decided to engage full boost!! Poor Bill just hung on as the 3 of us ripped off some gears!

And I'm telling Bill's wife (riding with me - and a good call based on Orf's driving habits), "Look at these guys - they're out of control!"

So - no collateral damage. The old couple in the minivan decided not to press charges - and the little dog will only lose one leg.

Now - about that guy in the C6 Vette....more on that later.

Thank god I kept Ruf from jumping. What would we do without our patriarch? Orf, the Corsas sound great. You could not only see and hear you, but the feel was great too. The Rufstang is truly a sweet and unique ride. It's a great car with a "Ruf" personality (I love the sunglasses). Great to meet all of you Bryan, Greg and mom, Bill and wife. We had a great time. I saw on the national news that the Dare Co police are looking for three rocketships flying through Southern Shores neiborhoods near light speed. I know nothing :shrug: Can't wait till next time :woohoo:

You southern boys don't know about cool days. 68 degrees is plenty warm for me.

It was a great day. Nice to meet some of the guys from here. I didn't hear any negatives about my Corsas, so either everyone was being polite, or they actually do sound OK in person.

Pictures don't do the Rufstang justice. It is a sweet looking ride. Very impressive. Not to mention, if you run out of room in the trunk, there is still room under the hood. :hysterical: Sorry, Ruf, couldn't resist.

Mastersmech1 and scgt500 are good people, and their wives seemed to enjoy the get together as much as they did.

Out of 26 pictures, I picked a few of my favorites. I really like the reflection picture, but I have to give credit to Ruf, as it was his idea. I also like the shot from the ground a lot.

I have a few minutes of video. I'll try to get them up on You Tube when I get back home. I may try to get a copy of the entire video to Robert, to see if he can post it on the site.

post-2905-1161473372_thumb.jpgpost-2905-1161473406_thumb.jpgpost-2905-1161473451_thumb.jpg

post-2905-1161473488_thumb.jpgpost-2905-1161473543_thumb.jpgpost-2905-1161473587_thumb.jpg

Sounds like all had fun...great for you. I didn't know they offered the GT500 with a yellow side stripe option. :hysterical:

Dave

Waiting 2 years and posting almost 1000 posts on this site and I still haven't driven a GT500, 'til TODAY. Man alive what a car, the thing is awesome, and all my thanks goes out to ORF. Thank you so much for such a great day with great people ORF, RUF and MASTERMECH & wife. Now I really am itching to get my car!

And the Corsa's on ORF's car are simply awesome! RUF's stang is really cool with the lowered ride height and great rims, very nice in person.

I also snuck a picture of RUF trying to get the ultimate picture while almost killing himself!

:hysterical:

What the heck? :doh: Were you guys trying to put him on a pedestal? :hysterical:

RUF, did you tell them that the extra room in the engine bay will fill up with N2O equipment? :read:

Archived