TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Super Snake vs NuFormz Challenger

Me thinks gnarly = good, but I'm 33 MM so what do I know...

I don't think I've heard the word since my skater days :rolleyes: and thankfully, haven't said it since the 80's :P

The clip would seem to suggest he was saying "gnarly" in the pejorative sense: ie. the brakes didn't instil confidence but I could be wrong.

Im with nomis on this one, i read "Gnarly" as being "a bit difficult" to control. That would be our interpretation

down under.

Overall he sure got the super snake to sing out there....the boy knows how to drive hahaha.

Way to go Ken for putting your super snake out there for the show.

Man Car vs. Man Car........ 725h.p. each, NICE!!

I want to see 1/4 mile tests on Slicks!!! KR vs. 725SS, both on Slicks!!!

Not street tires or drag radials, SLICKS!! and let the Man Horse Power show some real fast 1/4 mile times!! Slicks!!

R

..and for $30k less than the Challenger, it's a no-brainer.

Chris

But included in that Challenger package is a transplant 7.0L 426 Hemi, not a modded version of the "production" 6.1L Hemi. I would guess that "if" a supercharged version of a BOSS 429 would have been installed in that Super Snake, the cost could have also gone much higher, or if a s/c version of the production 6.1L would have been used in the SRT-8, the cost would have been lower, true?

R

http://www.torque.tv/?player=TorqueTV_27_c...&ids=238921

Considering the Challenger has a 7.0L Hemi the SS spanked the Challenger.

Awesome footage of driving skills.

Is this SS owned by someone who posts on this forum? I would be interested in knowing if it has the Shelby/Eibach suspension upgrade available for the SS as an option, or if it has the standard production SS Ford Racing suspension.

R

But included in that Challenger package is a transplant 7.0L 426 Hemi, not a modded version of the "production" 6.1L Hemi. I would guess that "if" a supercharged version of a BOSS 429 would have been installed in that Super Snake, the cost could have also gone much higher, or if a s/c version of the production 6.1L would have been used in the SRT-8, the cost would have been lower, true?

R

Well, R, that's a good point. The Shelby GT500 Engine is stout enough to modify with a bigger blower and handle the power without a breakup.

Just goes to show, you have to start with a solid base. Ford made this engine stout, it's a beautiful engine.

It's not our fault that they had to replace the entire Dodge powertrain to compete with the Super Snake!

Now they can't compete on the price. Or on the track.

So sad. ;)

Chris

Well, R, that's a good point. The Shelby GT500 Engine is stout enough to modify with a bigger blower and handle the power without a breakup.

Just goes to show, you have to start with a solid base. Ford made this engine stout, it's a beautiful engine.

It's not our fault that they had to replace the entire Dodge powertrain to compete with the Super Snake!

Now they can't compete on the price. Or on the track.

So sad. ;)

Chris

And...........the Challenger had 100 or so cubes more and assoc. torque, but still was out done by the SS. Personally, I feel that if the SRT-8 6.1L would have been designed around a S/C that could make a difference, but it was not. I count the cars as equal in the suspension dept. since the Challenger used in this video had a complete make over underneith in comparision to the production SRT-8, BUT...so does a SS in comparision to the production line GT500.

I do like the looks of the SRT-8. It, IMHO hit the mark for the "retro look", as did the GT500/Mustang. The new Camaro on the other hand to me has a 1969 retro flavor, but with a futuristic look with some Cadillac design angles or something. :headscratch: <<I don't know that I like it as well.

R

Thanks for the video.

When the guy is saying the SS brakes are "Gnarly" is he saying bad or good? Im only 38, but gnarly meant good in my day!

If he saying they are bad, for $30K you can add alot of brake and tires!!!!!

MM

He is a Swede, so something must be lost in the translation. :hysterical:

He said the brakes were sketchy. :shrug: I just picked mine up Thursday and I don't see the brakes as sketchy.

He is a Swede, so something must be lost in the translation. :hysterical:

He said the brakes were sketchy. :shrug: I just picked mine up Thursday and I don't see the brakes as sketchy.

Narly, I believe means (hairy),(hard to handle/or control), in my day anyway.

I would love to take my car and be able to see how it performs on a track like that. It does not like the change in weather up here, 48 today and the tires are not as grippy, but still very predictable.

Thanks for the video.

When the guy is saying the SS brakes are "Gnarly" is he saying bad or good? Im only 38, but gnarly meant good in my day!

If he saying they are bad, for $30K you can add alot of brake and tires!!!!!

MM

MM- Check out this link for urban dictionary:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=gnarly

Gnarly can also mean extreme or bad as_. That being said it sounded like he was scared as if they did not hold well. That would be dissappointing as the upgrade cost is fairly high.

MM- Check out this link for urban dictionary:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=gnarly

Gnarly can also mean extreme or bad as_. That being said it sounded like he was scared as if they did not hold well. That would be dissappointing as the upgrade cost is fairly high.

Well, everyone has got opinions. Still, like MM said, $30,000.00 can buy ALOT of brakes & tires. Plus, if you weren't happy with the Super Snake brakes, you could always upgrade the rears, too.

IMO, I think it stops great.

Sure, I work for Shelby--but that's my opinion and I am sticking to it.

I have yet to have a Mod Shop (or any other) customer come to me complaining about the brakes.

Chris

Archived