TEAM SHELBY FORUM

LOTS of KRs on Ebay

I just checked ebay and there are 26 KRs on ebay!

It looks like the markets/economy have finally impacted the price and demand for these cars.

Has anyone bought one at MSRP? It sure looks like we're headed there.

I just got an ebay notice of a re-listed item. Its a Vista Blue KR with a BIN of less than $90K. Its starting to get tempting!!!

I just got an ebay notice of a re-listed item. Its a Vista Blue KR with a BIN of less than $90K. Its starting to get tempting!!!

Yep, Looks like the 6 figure and above thing is history if it ever really was. The high bids on these are down profoundly from just a few weeks ago. Starting to look like 1,500 80 thousand dollar units will be enough to fill the need here, not all that shocking when you think about it.

I just checked ebay and there are 26 KRs on ebay!

OK, I'm too lazy to check - has anyone seen a KR actually sell on eBay?

I spoke to a dealer last week, who was still expecting $125k+ for the KR, and got kind of agressive/angry when I pointed out that was unlikely to be the case. Anyway, with the timing of the deliveries, I think there are going to be plenty of 2008's around in 2009, so I'm in no rush - I waited this long, I can wait a little longer...

Chris.

OK, I'm too lazy to check - has anyone seen a KR actually sell on eBay?

I spoke to a dealer last week, who was still expecting $125k+ for the KR, and got kind of agressive/angry when I pointed out that was unlikely to be the case. Anyway, with the timing of the deliveries, I think there are going to be plenty of 2008's around in 2009, so I'm in no rush - I waited this long, I can wait a little longer...

Chris.

The perfect storm for high ticket luxury item buyers is brewing rapidly and will rage for many months to come. The USA and most of the world are now undeniably in recession with the only question being that of how deep and for how long. Investment accts. and real estate values that were declining are now in a frightening freefall.

The sales of luxury items are smashed during periods of economic contraction as the wealthy delay large purchases and the rest of us simply can't even consider them as we focus on life's necessities. The KR likely could not have come to market in mass during a more unfavorable time in the last 50 years. The market for this car is rapidly swinging in favor of the qualified buyer regardless of what value perceptions existed over the last year. Car dealers are in serious trouble with a tightening credit enviornment. An eighty thousand dollar Mustang is a real hot potato to a retailer on thin ice and could be sold for far less now in order to clear inventory.

Unless you have $90K sitting around doing nothing. Forget it, you won't be able to get a loan for a car that is priced 2X over sticker. Not after Fords announcement today. The KR's will be 50K by Jan 1st. Just sit tight. dealership traffic (that's just people going to look for cars) is down 50% from a year ago.

Unless you have $90K sitting around doing nothing. Forget it, you won't be able to get a loan for a car that is priced 2X over sticker. Not after Fords announcement today. The KR's will be 50K by Jan 1st. Just sit tight. dealership traffic (that's just people going to look for cars) is down 50% from a year ago.

ouch!

http://www.thechromepony.com/News-10-01-08.html

With the lights going dim in the dealerships the last thing

they will want is a $70,000 showroom ornament. Nobody

is buying high ticket items and the car market will get

much worse in the coming months. The days of easy

credit are over.

Archived