TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Fear the Bunny Club!

VorpalBunny

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks as if there is something lacking on this Wiki page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hare

Seems like time to add the Lepus Terlinguicus, don't you think? Later on there'll be room for the sub-species Lepus Terlinguicus Horribilus?

Dread the Lepus !

Frank,

I am still laughing hahahahahaha.... :happy feet:

Love it - yep must be added.

Excellent catch.

Fear the lepus indeed!

VB

Great news!!! The "wrath of the wabbit" continues to spread. :rolleyes: ;)

And VP--thanks for the email alerts. :P

Been tied up with a few other projects, but hope to finish up the logo design soon.

Great news!!! The "wrath of the wabbit" continues to spread. :rolleyes: ;)

And VP--thanks for the email alerts. :P

Been tied up with a few other projects, but hope to finish up the logo design soon.

Blip - that is awesome - thanks!

VB

Thanks for the comments and keep the name suggestions coming. I'll work with David (VB) and maybe

we can set up a poll to select a winner.

A very determined-looking used hare. Nice work.

So when are the stickers, T-shirts, etc going to be available?

Uhmm, interesting idea. Now if there's more interest in buying these types of items,

I'll check with Amy or Sharon to see if we can get some stuff available at the Team Shelby store.

Blip,

I will be glad to conduct a naming poll. I think the idea of these for wporks of art for sale is a great one if it can be arranged through Amy/proper channels of course as Blip states etc - guessing maybe it can? The work is certainly that good in my opinion and I bet others as well.

I will throw in my own naming two cents how about Cactus Jack? It is a Jack-rabbit after all???

So I am thinking Cactus Jack (aka Lucky the Lepus) - but other and perhaps better names can be thought of or are already?

Names now on the table I am aware of:

Link

Lucky the Lepus

Cactus Jack

Leapin Lepus

Others???

Thanks all - especially Blip!

Vorpal

Blip,

I will be glad to conduct a naming poll. I think the idea of these for wporks of art for sale is a great one if it can be arranged through Amy/proper channels of course as Blip states etc - guessing maybe it can? The work is certainly that good in my opinion and I bet others as well.

I will throw in my own naming two cents how about Cactus Jack? It is a Jack-rabbit after all???

So I am thinking Cactus Jack (aka Lucky the Lepus) - but other and perhaps better names can be thought of or are already?

Names now on the table I am aware of:

Link

Lucky the Lepus

Cactus Jack

Leapin Lepus

Others???

Thanks all - especially Blip!

Vorpal

Bab or babs goes in the mix -kinda like that.

VB

There isn't any 'official' TRT is there? I mean, I see people claiming membership to the TRT on their signatures, so I'm wondering what that's all about.

I love the Terlingua Mustangs and would 'join' the TRT if there was an 'official' way to do it! :shift:

There isn't any 'official' TRT is there? I mean, I see people claiming membership to the TRT on their signatures, so I'm wondering what that's all about.

I love the Terlingua Mustangs and would 'join' the TRT if there was an 'official' way to do it! :shift:

Sure it's real. Join up and become official today.

http://www.terlinguaracingteam.com/compone...emart/Itemid,4/

Looks like you received good and fast info from TRT0403 - I am glad.

On the unofficial side of things:

The Fear the Bunny Club is completely unofficial and was just a "wild hare" - pun intended - that I came up with/dreamed up while basking in the happy thoughts of taking delivery of my Terlingua.

The FTB Club is purely for fun and farce and to share info on the Terlingua among a group of friends - yes this info is in earlier portions of this thread - but that info is getting buried now so I thought I would restate it - all are welcome Terlingua or no - only an interest in the fun is required and an email sent my way. We have 28 members to date.

Vorpal

Actually there is...........

TRT Membership

Bill Neale was an original team driver and the designer of the official team logo................

Hopefully next year I'll have the priviledge of having him sign my daughter's car instead of just a "model"....... :happy feet:

Btw: you boys going to Tasca for your conversions: Have them add the 8.8" rear axle with some 3:73 gears. Makes a world of difference in the cars. Just like in the GT500's and every other Mustang, the rear axle rusts ugly. I had mine treated and painted black before being put on. I may yet go to a 9" rear end if I keep up racing the Terlingua beyond the 09 season.

Btw: you boys going to Tasca for your conversions: Have them add the 8.8" rear axle with some 3:73 gears. Makes a world of difference in the cars. Just like in the GT500's and every other Mustang, the rear axle rusts ugly. I had mine treated and painted black before being put on. I may yet go to a 9" rear end if I keep up racing the Terlingua beyond the 09 season.

This is an interesting point as my Tasca contact thinks the 8.8 & 3:73 maybe part of the package based

on the his tentative parts listings. Will know for sure when parts arrive.

Price of the base package is $1k higher than the initial concept listing from the summer, so maybe that's a possible reason.

If not, thinking about adding it as a upgrade, but maybe should go with a 3:27 rear seeing as the car has a auto tranny.

My experience driving a V6 automatic 3.31 for a couple years is: in ordinary driving the engine revs are low enough that even a 4.10 wouldn't be too irritating, except on long trips. Miles per gallon is not really a critical factor in these kinds of cars, but many of the 3.73 users report improved economy over the 3.31.

Only negative aspect of 3.73 as opposed to 3.31 would be that on your typical autocross track (Qualcomm Stadium lots in San Diego, anyway) the usual top speed is right at the top of second gear at 3.31, and the complication of having to shift up and down 2-3-2 with an automatic 3.73 might be more trouble than it's worth.

What car came with 3.55? Sometimes the takeoff agents offer that ratio in the 8.8.

Archived