TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Terlingua Option. What do you think?

crispy23c

Convertible Terlingua  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Cast your votes...

• Yup! I love bugs in my hair and teeth!
    • Nope! I like bugs on my windshield!

Okay everybody.

The Terlingua is a hit.

So I got to thinking (like I do occasionally)...what if we did a convertible Terlingua?

Just a thought, really, but I think the cool factor would be pretty high. The only variation I could see would be addition of a light bar, and the elimination of side pipes (because I would bet a buck that the reinforcements would wreak havoc with side pipes), so out the back the pipes would go.

This is just a casual poll

Okay terlingua fans, place your votes!

Chris

post-140-1222808913_thumb.jpg

post-140-1222808913_thumb.jpg

Okay everybody.

The Terlingua is a hit.

So I got to thinking (like I do occasionally)...what if we did a convertible Terlingua?

Just a thought, really, but I think the cool factor would be pretty high. The only variation I could see would be addition of a light bar, and the elimination of side pipes (because I would bet a buck that the reinforcements would wreak havoc with side pipes), so out the back the pipes would go.

This is just a casual poll

Okay terlingua fans, place your votes!

Chris

That was my car lets just say I am happy that I am not the one that has to clean that this time. I vote for no convert some of those bugs where as big as my hand might knock me out driving by. :hysterical:

I voted no. Now if you made it more like the Super Snake where the vert could only get the lower package, it would be different. The Terlingua is supposed to be a race car. Verts aren't race cars nor do they need the racing seats we don't have yet. I agree with you on the side exhaust. Mine bottoms out quite a bit.

Ummmm...

Cobra is a convertible

Viper " "

Porsche " "

Tiger " "

Not criticizing, just observing...and I am not necessarily arguing one way or another, but there are plenty of convertibles that are awesome corner carvers or are just plain ferocious! Ultimately, it Iboils down to a personal choice. Hence the informal pole. I like to take a pulse on these kind of things every so often...

Chris

I voted no more for using the name, not the concept.

A "Terlingua" vehicle to me is carrying on the heritage of the race team and need s a fixed roof.

Now a convertible with the same features could be called something different, but related, like

the "Cottontail" or maybe the "Jackalope" by Terlingua. Start a new history, but connect it ot the old.

if you want a vert Terlingua release the :censored: Terlingua CSX Cobra. How long does it take to get a reply on this? Amy,Gary,Bud,Chris? Coming up on a year and nothing but a few sightings of one or two.

How much is the package?

Pre-title or post-title?

Small block-Big block

SAI,Quantum,Tasca or Cobra Dealer?

ps. voted no, I'll take the rabbit roadster

if you want a vert Terlingua release the :censored: Terlingua CSX Cobra. How long does it take to get a reply on this? Amy,Gary,Bud,Chris? Coming up on a year and nothing but a few sightings of one or two.

How much is the package?

Pre-title or post-title?

Small block-Big block

SAI,Quantum,Tasca or Cobra Dealer?

ps. voted no, I'll take the rabbit roadster

Actually, you should have voted 'yes' if you want the rabbit roadster. But this is just an informal poll, anyway.

You want an answer on the Terlingua Cobra?

First, that Cobra is one of a kind. If you saw 2, it was the same one at two places.

As for building the car, it's not nearly as quick as deciding what to wear today...

If and when we make decisions about any vehicle, it's obviously alot more involved than that, I promise.

So, if you want an answer today, the answer is :censored:

Sorry, that's all I can tell you! ;)

Chris

I voted no more for using the name, not the concept.

A "Terlingua" vehicle to me is carrying on the heritage of the race team and need s a fixed roof.

Now a convertible with the same features could be called something different, but related, like

the "Cottontail" or maybe the "Jackalope" by Terlingua. Start a new history, but connect it ot the old.

I believe Blip is making the right discrimination/connection with regard to True Terlingua versus Terlingua Convertible. If I had an original Terlingua coupe, I might be civil about it, but I'd boil if a T-Vert showed up and drained off some of my juice, especially if it pretended to the race heritage of the real thing. Seems to me the convertible Terlingua-like item could be a boulevard cruiser with bite, a sleeper with performance and without any unearned stickers. Stealth Rabbit strikes and leaves a trail of rubber dust rather than bunny bullets.

On the other side, I do have a V6 convertible, and to me it is a marvel of a car once the exhaust sound, suspension, brakes, and wheels and tires are brought up to decent standards. I wish I'd brought it to the event. It seems to me the car would have impressed, even with its automatic transmission. My experience tells me it would have been just half or three-quarters of a second slower in the 1/4-mile drags than the stock GT/CS, and it sounds worlds better, with the FRPP exhaust.

It seems to me a rollover bar option as alternative to a "light bar" would be a useful addition to the list. Something good enough for "track days" rather than fender-to-fender racing would lend an air of seriousness without completely negating the slick image of a convertible.

I like convertibles, and have road-raced them as well as coupes; the coupes work better, but the convertibles always feel racier, to me.

Liebre - Spanish for jackrabbit. Something kind of free about it, eh?

2621736808_2bf9b4569d_o.jpg

Actually, you should have voted 'yes' if you want the rabbit roadster. But this is just an informal poll, anyway.

You want an answer on the Terlingua Cobra?

First, that Cobra is one of a kind. If you saw 2, it was the same one at two places.

As for building the car, it's not nearly as quick as deciding what to wear today...

If and when we make decisions about any vehicle, it's obviously alot more involved than that, I promise.

So, if you want an answer today, the answer is :censored:

Sorry, that's all I can tell you! ;)

Chris

from the SAI home page, did I miss something :headscratch:

“Because every Shelby car and product we build has a bit of Cobra DNA in it, we're working on a Terlingua Racing Team package for 427 and 289 Cobras,” explained Shelby Automobiles President Amy Boylan. “We're developing a special package that will turn up the performance a notch as well. We'll announce the final content and pricing on these models by Carroll's birthday in January 2008.”

from the SAI home page, did I miss something :headscratch:

"Because every Shelby car and product we build has a bit of Cobra DNA in it, we're working on a Terlingua Racing Team package for 427 and 289 Cobras," explained Shelby Automobiles President Amy Boylan. "We're developing a special package that will turn up the performance a notch as well. We'll announce the final content and pricing on these models by Carroll's birthday in January 2008."

I can have that changed. Things like this can take time, sorry if the web page is misleading. Thanks

Chris

:lurk:;)

By the way, at 21 votes (not a ton), it appears to be splitting much like every Mustang/Shelby does:

43% to 57% (Convertible to Coupe, Terlingua)

30% to 70% (Convertile to Coupe, all Mustangs).

Interesting. See? You never know how things will shake out ;)

I am sure this will change again, anyway...

Chris

Archived