TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Shelby GT

I just picked up an '07 Shelby GT (CSM NO. 07SGT5138). I'm a former 2002 Pontiac TransAm WS-6 owner. I must say, aside from the Shelby GT's good looks, I was most impressed by it's launch from 0-60 secs. However, it seemed a bit sluggish once it reached 80-85 MPH. I was wondering, since everything is supposedly identical to the GT-H, where did the 25 horses go. Is it possible to gain those 25 horses back through tuning. I've read the forums and read the information about the Bama chips and was wondering if these chips also work well for the 5-speed version. Also, was wondering if i'd be able to keep the stock intake with the tunes?

I just picked up an '07 Shelby GT (CSM NO. 07SGT5138). I'm a former 2002 Pontiac TransAm WS-6 owner. I must say, aside from the Shelby GT's good looks, I was most impressed by it's launch from 0-60 secs. However, it seemed a bit sluggish once it reached 80-85 MPH. I was wondering, since everything is supposedly identical to the GT-H, where did the 25 horses go. Is it possible to gain those 25 horses back through tuning. I've read the forums and read the information about the Bama chips and was wondering if these chips also work well for the 5-speed version. Also, was wondering if i'd be able to keep the stock intake with the tunes?

Welcome to the Shelby family! Be sure to post some pics!

Not sure why its running a little sluggish at 80mph... Is it brand new? (if its been sitting for awhile the gas is probably not too good). Put some fresh 93 octane gas and drive it hard for awhile to see if things improve...

Not sure why its running a little sluggish at 80mph... Is it brand new? (if its been sitting for awhile the gas is probably not too good). Put some fresh 93 octane gas and drive it hard for awhile to see if things improve...

It actually has been sitting for a while and I rarely get a chance to drive it. I'll give it a try and see what happens.

The Shelby GT-H and Shelby GT engines are identical; same HP as determined by Ford (319 HP).

Edit - OH, and welcome to the site and congratulations on your Shelby GT!

Welcome to the Shelby family! Congratulations on your new ride. The stale gas could be the issue. You will find many opinions on tunes in the forum. The search function should help you narrow down the field.

And remember to register you GT on our Shelby Automobile web site:

http://registry.teamshelby.com/

Congratulations, again. Welcome aboard.

Roger

Yeah, you're right... the 66' version was the 350.

Welcome fellow New Yorker, I live in orange county. I just loaded a tune from Bama they worked up the 93 octance race tune turned out nice and responsive throttle. But, I like to mess with the settings on my SCT tuner any questions about the car P.M me. Good luck

Anthony

post-18733-1222830423_thumb.jpg

post-18733-1222830507_thumb.jpg

post-18733-1222830423_thumb.jpg

post-18733-1222830507_thumb.jpg

Archived