TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How do you remove the dash plaque?

jimoco

Hello All: I ordered my signed dash plaque from Shelby Performance Parts about 6 weeks ago - so I guess it'll be arriving in the next few weeks. The new palque replaces (not covers) the original plaque, correct? I've searched the forum & found threads about removing the sill plates - but I didn't find anything directly describing how to remove the original dash plaque. From your collective experiences, how do you approach removing the original plaque? Thanks, Jim O'Conner

Hello All: I ordered my signed dash plaque from Shelby Performance Parts about 6 weeks ago - so I guess it'll be arriving in the next few weeks. The new palque replaces (not covers) the original plaque, correct? I've searched the forum & found threads about removing the sill plates - but I didn't find anything directly describing how to remove the original dash plaque. From your collective experiences, how do you approach removing the original plaque? Thanks, Jim O'Conner

The original GT500 does not have a Dash Plaque.

do you have a GT500 ?

his first post seems to indicate that he has or has ordered a gt500; I am guessing it is on order and he did not realize that it does not come with a dash plate.

I just re-read the post.

Your right John.

Welome Bro !!! :happy feet:

Thanks for your replies. I guess the fact that it's a "stick on" explains why no one has described how to remove the original. What was causing my question was the fact that in the Shelby Performance Parts catalog - describing the dash plaque for the GT-500 - pg 36 of the catalog reads "Attaches between air registers with 3M performance adhesive tape. These are available custom order & replace your Shelby's original dash plaque".

I purchased GT-500 #100590 about 1 year ago (white with blue stripes). Thanks again for your responses. Regards, Jim O'Conner

Archived