TEAM SHELBY FORUM

turn signal clicker sound

bullitt2090

i know this is silly, but is there a way to turn-off the clicker sound that our turn signal is making? it is quite loud and annoying to me; likewise, with the seatbelt reminder sound.

Thanks for your feedback

Spend 30+ years in construction, hearing loss will that will take care for the turn signal sound. :fool:

As for the seat belt I had my local Ford dealership hook up a laptop to my pick up and they deleted reminder sound.

Loudest clicker I've ever heard....and in the quietest convertible I've ever been in.....strange! Maybe they thought the clicker needed to be extra loud to be heard over the scream of the supercharger/passengers at full throttle!

In all seriousness, these cars use an SJB, a smart junction box, to control the turn signals and many other of the electronic components. Basically, they are computer controlled. No more little metal can type flasher that you could open up and adjust the contacts. I'm assuming the sound is computer generated to remind you not to leave your signals on.

Evan.

I think techeavy is right. I believe Ford made the reminder noise quite audible for those who drive around with their turn signal on. God knows there are plenty of those people on the road. If they can hear it maybe they will turn it off.

I have noticed people going "Right" around the world.

I think that I dislike the actual sound quality more than the volume. It sounds like a clicker sound from some old piece of crap car I rode around in as a kid. Dunk Dunk......Dunk Dunk......Dunk Dunk........ Just plain sounds cheap in a very expensive Mustang.

I just worry some rubberneckers in the lane next to me, as I prep for a turn, are going to make a smart ass comment about it, as I am sure they can hear it.

I think that I dislike the actual sound quality more than the volume. It sounds like a clicker sound from some old piece of crap car I rode around in as a kid. Dunk Dunk......Dunk Dunk......Dunk Dunk........ Just plain sounds cheap in a very expensive Mustang.

I just worry some rubberneckers in the lane next to me, as I prep for a turn, are going to make a smart ass comment about it, as I am sure they can hear it.

Well it's a Ford thing not a Shelby thing, so it kinda fits with a $23,000 Mustang, or a $30,000 GT really.

While it may be out of place on a $50,000+ Shelby... I doubt Shelby worried much about it when they began to list the mods for these cars.

i know this is silly, but is there a way to turn-off the clicker sound that our turn signal is making? it is quite loud and annoying to me; likewise, with the seatbelt reminder sound.

Thanks for your feedback

You could change the signal light relay to a LED relay. They do not have the click sound. Anyone know where this relay is located? I have some replacments, but need to see the OEM to get the correct piece.

Seatbelt reminder fix....

I have a Schroth harness that I use for SCCA events. I run the seatbelt behind the drivers seat & connect it. This way it doesn't get in my way & I don't have that reminder driving me crazy.

I remember bringing the car home and using the signal for the first time. I couldn't believe it! I actually turned it off and on a few times and tried the other signal to see if it was the same. Strangest noise I ever heard for a turn signal. Somebody thought this was a cool sound, but it's a little over the top. I'm used to it now and it doesn't bother me, but it is odd IMO.

Damn, I don't think I ever heard mine. Rarely do I use a blinker for many reasons. When i'm turning, there's no need for a blinker if i'm turning from a "Turning only lane". Same with passing a car. If i'm passing him, apparently i'm going faster than he is so why bother.

I'll only signal when i deem it necessary for the other driver to know what i'm about to do like....turning onto a side street when they're behind me.

Next time i'm driving, i'll have to keep an ear out for it....over the sound of the SLP's no less...lol

Archived