TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Terlingua Pics

Budman340

Hi all!!!!!!!!!

Here are a couple of pics I took while I was there. Some of these are pretty cool!!!!!

I also took a pic of EVERY car front the starting gate that ran the Bull Run. If you would like a picture of your car, please email me at Budm@shelbyautos.com Also, please make sure you you tell me your name, the color, type and number of your car.

Enjoy the pics!!!!!

TerlinguaTexas2008219.jpg

TerlinguaTexas2008030.jpg

TerlinguaTexas2008340.jpg

Look--It's Thelma and Louise!!!!!!! :hysterical:

TerlinguaTexas2008346.jpg

Now, these next few are a once in a life time shot!!!!!!!!

We decided not to go on the Bull Run and we spent the day with Mr. Shelby, Mr. Shelby's wife Cleo, Bill Neale and Bob Bondourant. Mr. Shelby wanted to go to the Ghost Town and remember the old days!!! There were only a couple of us who had cameras!!!! I am sure glad I did not do the Bull Run!!!!

TerlinguaTexas2008413.jpg

TerlinguaTexas2008419-1.jpg

TerlinguaTexas2008422-1.jpg

When Mr. Shelby says he wants a beer---He wants a BEER!!!!!! And he made everybody have one!!!! Like we would have said NO LOL

TerlinguaTexas2008441.jpg

And this one is my all time favorite!!!! I will remember this for the rest of my life!!!!!!

Thank you Mr. Shelby!!!!!!!

TerlinguaTexas2008456.jpg

Bud

PS. And no, they never did find my clothes!!!!!!

If we didn't know the story this could sound a bit.......kinky.

When you were on the way to the ghost town and passed me sitting on the side of the road I started to follow and see where you were going. I'm really kicking myself for not doing that now.

Bud, I don't think that we ever got the chance to meet each other this weekend. There were so many wonderful people to meet and talk to. So many great new friends that I know will last a life time. Hopefully you will be at work in Vegas this Friday. My wife and I will be out in Vegas and are coming into the shop on Friday. We'll do breakfast in the diner around 9:30 and will take the tour at 10:30. Hopefully see you then!

NICE ! ! !

To be able to say "So I'm having a beer with Carroll in Terlingua and......" with proof.

I get back to NJ with our car late Tuesday and we turn right around and will fly into LV this weekend.

I think I'll just drop off a CD copy of our pics at SAI.

Have you heard about any new surprise engagements?

My wife (herpony68 / SHLBYGRL) took the photos of Adrienne's engagement last time we were there.

Hi all!!!!!!!!!

Here are a couple of pics I took while I was there. Some of these are pretty cool!!!!!

I also took a pic of EVERY car front the starting gate that ran the Bull Run. If you would like a picture of your car, please email me at Budm@shelbyautos.com Also, please make sure you you tell me your name, the color, type and number of your car.

Enjoy the pics!!!!!

TerlinguaTexas2008219.jpg

TerlinguaTexas2008030.jpg

TerlinguaTexas2008340.jpg

Look--It's Thelma and Louise!!!!!!! :hysterical:

TerlinguaTexas2008346.jpg

Now, these next few are a once in a life time shot!!!!!!!!

We decided not to go on the Bull Run and we spent the day with Mr. Shelby, Mr. Shelby's wife Cleo, Bill Neale and Bob Bondourant. Mr. Shelby wanted to go to the Ghost Town and remember the old days!!! There were only a couple of us who had cameras!!!! I am sure glad I did not do the Bull Run!!!!

TerlinguaTexas2008413.jpg

TerlinguaTexas2008419-1.jpg

TerlinguaTexas2008422-1.jpg

When Mr. Shelby says he wants a beer---He wants a BEER!!!!!! And he made everybody have one!!!! Like we would have said NO LOL

TerlinguaTexas2008441.jpg

And this one is my all time favorite!!!! I will remember this for the rest of my life!!!!!!

Thank you Mr. Shelby!!!!!!!

TerlinguaTexas2008456.jpg

Bud

Bud, these are great photos!

Wow, what a chance. Sounds like the opportunity of a lifetime!

Surely it was.

At nine that morning we looked at the entrance to the Ghost Town road and decided not to go back up there; we'd spent some time on another day, and having learned something about the Porch, decided to come back later, when it was more likely there would be some action there. Bad choice number two*.

For those who don't know about the Porch, look for "Tales From The Terlingua Porch, Vol. 1" by Blair Pittman.

ISBN: 0-9649407-6-0

Sun Country Publications, Inc.

P.O. Box 1482

Wimberly, TX

512-847-5162

www.txstarbooks.com

817-735-4670

If Bud wouldn't mind, I'd send copies of the Terlingua Ghost Town pictures with Shelby and his circle to the publisher, hoping that he could pass them on to Blair Pittman, who would no doubt be delighted to see them. Pittman is becoming a hero of mine. I'm doubly sad that I didn't take advantage of an earlier chance to see if he was actually "on the Porch" as the Ghost Town Cafe Chili Lady said he "probably" was. *Bad choice number one.

Ah well. We can't be at every party or every coronation. Pick your targets and do the best you can with what you got, eh?

We either make ourselves happy or miserable.

The amount of work is the same.

—Carlos Casteneda, mystic and author (1925-1998)

Archived