TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Car Cover

SHOStang

I agree with Greaser. I store my car in an insulated garage all winter. I keep my SGT covered all year round. I have a $70 universal cover frm Auto Zone that works just fine to keep the dust and stuff off of it. My cover can breath so I'm not worried about moisture or condensation under it.

I was really happy to see this thread! My business partner just gave me the CS cover as a gift. I can't say enough good things about the CS cover. It's really impressive in person. The construction is top notch all the way.

It's just one of those things that you have to see in person to really appreciate it. Mine is the black cover with Silver stripes to match my 07 SGT.

Mentionable points:

1. Duffel storage bag with SHELBY logo silkscreened in blue on both sides of bag.

2. The fabric is high quality spandex like material with a NICE soft liner on the business side of the fabric.

3. Silver SHELBY logos are silk screened on the sides of the cover down where our POWERED BY FORD badges are.

4. The fit and finish is second to none (especially around the side mirrors) Its easy to put on and fits like a well tailored suit. the stripes really set it off and say... there is something special under here. LOVE THE STRIPES BEST OF ALL.

5. There is a nice little short sock like area with a plastic grommet opening for the radio antenna to poke through.

Yeah there are other covers you could go with. But if you want high quality and a finished stored look that in it's own way shows off the car... look no further.

I would have paid this money myself after seeing it in person. Now other car covers seem like a dirty old blanket or tarp compared to the CS version. Worth every penny IMO.

I have a California Car Cover cover for my 07SGT. They make a lot of different price range covers. Mine is a Noah and I noticed some dust on the car when I got it out of storage. You can also spend extra money to have any lettering or logos you want on it. Think it still cost me over $300.00. The CS covers are nice looking and I might up grade to one. Bet there are made by California Car Cover.

I am looking at getting the CS cover, but not sure which one to get. Even though I have a white car I think the blue with silver would look great and I would not have to worry about all the dirt showing on it like a white cover. Maybe even get the black one.

What do you all think??

Might have to get one and give it to myself, I mean have my wife give it to me, for my 5th Anniversary...........

I am looking at getting the CS cover, but not sure which one to get. Even though I have a white car I think the blue with silver would look great and I would not have to worry about all the dirt showing on it like a white cover. Maybe even get the black one.

What do you all think??

Might have to get one and give it to myself, I mean have my wife give it to me, for my 5th Anniversary...........

I definitely think you should help her by ordering tomorrow. She is probalby too busy to get it done. Besides, just think how happy she will be when she finds out that you took care of it! Let me know how that works out.....Craig

I definitely think you should help her by ordering tomorrow. She is probalby too busy to get it done. Besides, just think how happy she will be when she finds out that you took care of it! Let me know how that works out.....Craig

Took your advice and ordered today. How nice of me to help her out like that. Had to throw in the Dead Pedal and the Fuse box cover as well. :happy feet: :happy feet:

So much for taking a couple months off spending money on the Car :drool::finger::doh:

I got a NOAH for $200, had my car outside for 10 days in Cape Cod last summer,

on the 11th day i won 2nd place at Tasca.

All you need to know.

If you have an extra $200 for designs on the cover & bag, go for it.

Otherwise, save $200, get the NOAH and you'll be fine.

Scores Best or close to it in every category.

I got a NOAH for $200, had my car outside for 10 days in Cape Cod last summer,

on the 11th day i won 2nd place at Tasca.

All you need to know.

If you have an extra $200 for designs on the cover & bag, go for it.

Otherwise, save $200, get the NOAH and you'll be fine.

Scores Best or close to it in every category.

Which NOAH part number for the SGT??? What is the inside part of the cover like? I don't want it leaving lambswool lint on the 'vert top.

Which NOAH part number for the SGT??? What is the inside part of the cover like? I don't want it leaving lambswool lint on the 'vert top.

Hey folks - pardon my ignorance, but what is NOAH? I've been interested in a cover for my SGT Vert as well, but money is a slight issue right now...

Thanks,

Andy.

Just one word of warning on the CS cover... Order it about 4-5 weeks earlier than you expect or plan to get it. Each one is custom made to oder due to the color options that are available. Mine took 5 1/2 weeks. When it did show up it was worth it. As others have pointed out, if all you need is a good cover there are lots of options that are great and won't break the bank. If you want a cover that looks great on the car and makes a statement even all covered up, well go with the CS version as it really is second to none.

Thought I might post some pics so that people know what we have been discussing here. This is my SGT with the Carroll Shelby Car Cover as found in the Shelby Performance Parts catalog and the web site. Hope this helps. Normally the SGT is at my office in a protected garage but I took it home this weekend thinking I might do a car show today. It rained so no show and now it sits in it's CS blanket at my house! Getting use out of that cover today. LOL

GTcover_1.jpg

GTcover_2.jpg

GTcover_3.jpg

GTcover_4.jpg

GTcover_5.jpg

GTcover_6.jpg

• 1 month later...
I was really happy to see this thread! My business partner just gave me the CS cover as a gift. I can't say enough good things about the CS cover. It's really impressive in person. The construction is top notch all the way.

It's just one of those things that you have to see in person to really appreciate it. Mine is the black cover with Silver stripes to match my 07 SGT.

Mentionable points:

1. Duffel storage bag with SHELBY logo silkscreened in blue on both sides of bag.

2. The fabric is high quality spandex like material with a NICE soft liner on the business side of the fabric.

3. Silver SHELBY logos are silk screened on the sides of the cover down where our POWERED BY FORD badges are.

4. The fit and finish is second to none (especially around the side mirrors) Its easy to put on and fits like a well tailored suit. the stripes really set it off and say... there is something special under here. LOVE THE STRIPES BEST OF ALL.

5. There is a nice little short sock like area with a plastic grommet opening for the radio antenna to poke through.

Yeah there are other covers you could go with. But if you want high quality and a finished stored look that in it's own way shows off the car... look no further.

I would have paid this money myself after seeing it in person. Now other car covers seem like a dirty old blanket or tarp compared to the CS version. Worth every penny IMO.

Thanks TKO211, you sold me. My wife figures if I spent 40 g's on the car, might as well spend a bunch on the cover. I will have this car forever anyway. Will have to order soon. Somebody hit and run me the other day, so it will be in the shop awhile. Small damage, but still hurts. small crack in rear bumper cover, but a repaint for the entire bumper cover I am sure. Oh well, I gotta another 100,000 miles to drive it and the rest of my life so I am sure it will have more dings, since it is a daily driver.

Thanks again for everybodies response.

SHOStang

Thought I might post some pics so that people know what we have been discussing here. This is my SGT with the Carroll Shelby Car Cover as found in the Shelby Performance Parts catalog and the web site. Hope this helps. Normally the SGT is at my office in a protected garage but I took it home this weekend thinking I might do a car show today. It rained so no show and now it sits in it's CS blanket at my house! Getting use out of that cover today. LOL

GTcover_1.jpg

GTcover_2.jpg

GTcover_3.jpg

GTcover_4.jpg

GTcover_5.jpg

GTcover_6.jpg

WOW, that's a beautiful cover. It's almost show worthy itself...

Timely topic, thanks for the pics...I might have to spring for the real deal cover! Hey Shostang...you must be the other white Shelby GT in town...with license SHELBYGT I presume? My wife thought that car was me (in the wrong place at the wrong time I might add...) I have a white GT/SC with license SHELBYSC

I heard there was another one in town and an SC to boot. We will have to get together. I am hoping to get mine SC'd in a year or three.

Archived