TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ford/Whipple SC

Why is it that I have to give a fig about what the California Air Resource Board decides or rules? The Saleen SC on my 07 came with a CARB sticker which I put on my car but I still don't understand why I needed to as long as my car is never owned by someone in California.

That is a fair question and I went looking for the answer (well before today). SAI decided (when and by whom I do not know) that they were going to sell only 50 state legal cars. Given that California has the most strict emissions laws it is, by default, the state that must always be satisfied to get the "50 state legal" sticker. I got this information from Bud at SAI so I tend to think it is accurate. As a sidelight, it also assures that, should you move to California, your car will be legal without modification.

Jim

I can tell you first hand that no they are not ready. That website said taking orders ready to ship for the last 90 days. CARB has been involved and with FRPP etc they still have not gotten it straight yet unless they did it this weekend. You have to talk with the correct person at Whipple and FRPP to get the correct answer and the answer is still no as of Friday.

That is a fair question and I went looking for the answer (well before today). SAI decided (when and by whom I do not know) that they were going to sell only 50 state legal cars. Given that California has the most strict emissions laws it is, by default, the state that must always be satisfied to get the "50 state legal" sticker. I got this information from Bud at SAI so I tend to think it is accurate. As a sidelight, it also assures that, should you move to California, your car will be legal without modification.

Jim

They can only sell 50 state emission legal cars because SAI is registered as the Manufacturer of Origin and therefore must adhere to both federal and California emissions regulations or face fines.

That's the reason SAI could not install the JBA exhaust system on the Super Snakes; which was originally supposed to be oen of the components of the SS package.

They can only sell 50 state emission legal cars because SAI is registered as the Manufacturer of Origin and therefore must adhere to both federal and California emissions regulations or face fines.

That's the reason SAI could not install the JBA exhaust system on the Super Snakes; which was originally supposed to be oen of the components of the SS package.

I have a question, and this is a question, not a "gotcha game"... Is SAI the "manufacturer" of the SGT? And if so, why can't my SGT be titled as a "Shelby", rather than a Ford Mustang GT?

Archived