TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Evo Stage 2 or FRPP TVS????

Joe Frito

Just wanted to get some opinions on what you would do. I'm looking to do some upgrades during the winter, and was looking at either the FRPP TVS upgrade or and EVO stage tune package. HP increase seems to be about the same with both, but I imagine that a person could make a pully and tune change with the TVS that would give you a significant bump over the 105hp increase? I just wanted to get some opinions as there is about a $3,500 difference between the two options.

people will say heat. Sure if you drive around all the time w/ the pedal to the floor heat may be an issue. But most of the time you are in vacuum anyways. if all you want is 100 hp do the stage 2. if your gonna upgrade your super charger then go bigger than 2.3 heck the stock is 2.1. kb 2.9 :dance: wipple 3.4 :dance::dance:

Do the Evo Stage 2 just because it is a much cheaper alternative for what appears to be the same amount of gain. Then when you want more power, do the TVS (and that gives you plenty of time to stick some extra cash aside). Believe me, you'll be loving the Stage 2 so much you won't want more power for a little while anyway.

The Stage 2 is inexpensive and a clean easy way to get the extra power. I've yet to hear about anyone unsatisfied with the mod.

I struggled with this decision as well!

I guess you need to ask yourself what's your ultimate goal, what can your budget allow you to spend and how are you going to be using your car.

Both are great options and can be used as a stepping stone into even more HP gains. I personally would recommend going with the Evolution 3 package. It's the best bang for the buck ($2,400) and when you want to go to the next level just upgrade your S/C to a TVS, reuse the pulleys & TB and get a new tune from Evolution. .... Hello 700+/-RWHP!!

Do the Evo Stage 2 just because it is a much cheaper alternative for what appears to be the same amount of gain. Then when you want more power, do the TVS (and that gives you plenty of time to stick some extra cash aside). Believe me, you'll be loving the Stage 2 so much you won't want more power for a little while anyway.

The Stage 2 is inexpensive and a clean easy way to get the extra power. I've yet to hear about anyone unsatisfied with the mod.

+1. This mod is inexpensive and very effective. You don't often see mods on ANY car that will net you 100 RWHP+ for less than $1,200. After about 2,000 miles on mine, I couldn't be more satisfied. No drivability issue whatsoever, fuel economy is about the same as stock and supercharger whine is much more audible, which is nice.

Joe F- I currently have the Evo Stage 2, I have not installed the pulley/plugs/idler yet but will as soon as the tranny TSB is done. If you choose the stage 2, let me know and we can try to work out something to find a pully puller.

Good to hear from you CB...it's been awhile. I am looking to buy a Stage 1 kit from a fellow Calgary owner that did the 725 SS conversion, and was probably going to get the pulley from The Mustang Shop. I think they have the pullers for under $200.

How do you like it with the intake and tune only?

Archived