TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I got my insurance yesterday

burnedgt500

When I went to get my personalized tag (Gordos) I had to have the Insurance in place on the car. I thought my origanal policy on my truck would cover it for 30 days. It does but they would not give the tag unless there was a policy directly on my Shelby. So I called State fram from the tag office and got them to fax over a binder on the policy just so I could get my tag. the Isurance was $2300.00 for one year! I almost had a stroke. but I was able to get my tag. So yeasterday I called them to get the price down on the insurance and here is what I got.

I had to drop the everything but Liability and uninsured motorest and it worked out to be $525.00 per yer. I can live with this. However it will make me be a lot more careful driveing this baby.

I do have a good driving record also. She told the reason behind this is the motor in the car and they still do not know how to rate this car so it has one of the highest ratings it can have. Maybe by next year I can get it fully covered :shift:

I had to drop the everything but Liability and uninsured motorest and it worked out to be $525.00 per yer. I can live with this. However it will make me be a lot more careful driveing this baby.

Dude, do yourself a favor and add comprehensive with $0 deductible. You never know what kind of stupid stuff some crack head might do to it when they see it parked. Or you never know when some debris might come flying out of a dump truck...You wanna shell $$ out every time that happens? It couldn't cost you more than $80/yr for that...For peace of mind..

Dude, do yourself a favor and add comprehensive with $0 deductible. You never know what kind of stupid stuff some crack head might do to it when they see it parked. Or you never know when some debris might come flying out of a dump truck...You wanna shell $$ out every time that happens? It couldn't cost you more than $80/yr for that...For peace of mind..

He dropped the collision and you're talking about comprehensive? Insurance is for large ticket items...not windshield cracks that cost $500 to repair. I can't believe he dropped the collision. Keep in mind that some states are "no fault" states. If you are in an accident, REGARDLESS OF WHO'S FAULT IT IS, your insurance pays for your car, and their insurance pays for their car. So, depending on where you live, someone wrecks into you, through no fault of your own, and you are out $50,000....yikes!!! Yes, you could sue the other person, and perhaps win...but do you know what lawyers cost?

I checked insurance on mine prior to ordering, and Auto Owners has quoted me $1,100 per year for full coverage. I also have 300/500 limits, which are higher than normal, due to the fact that I have an umbrella executive policy that mandates higher limits. If I had the state minimum 100/300 limits, my rate would have been $900 per year. I'd recommend checking a couple other insurance companies.

Dude, you are taking a big risk IMHO without collision.

Edit: Here is a link http://www.autoinsuranceindepth.com/no-fault-insurance.html

No fault states: DC, FL, HI, KS, KY, Mass, MI, MN, NJ, NY, ND, PA, UT

Dave

Burned -

I have State Farm and my bill is in line with others here. I have a good record and get a good driver's discount, multi-vehicle rate for two Mustangs, )GT500 and 93 Cobra), with 250 deductable, 100/300, comprehensive, uninsured, plus other stuff for under $1400 / year. When I dropped the '04 Cobra (390 HP) and added the GT500, the rate changed about $12 / month to the present rate. Most of that was because the car was an '07 not an '04. Horsepower never came up, though I think there is a V8 or performance penalty somewhere in there.

One thing to bear in mind is an agent has certain flexibility when you insure more than one thing with him/her - like a house, or renter's insurance, or an umbrella, or a business, in addition to a vehicle. In my case, my wife has hers through him as well.

If you have a good record I can't imagine why you have a rate that high. Did you divorce his daughter? Is he married to your sister?

Mine is higher than normal, for my age, like Dave's situation, due to my umbrella policy requiring more coverage.

Prior to receiving my car I called State Farm to see what the insurance would be. They quoted me approx. $1,200/yr. When I picked up my car last week and went to pay my insurance bill it was only $402/6 months. I was shocked (in a good way). I am waiting for them to change their minds and send me another bill! I am 37 with a clean driving record (for now!!) with full coverage, 250 comp & 1000 collision.

I agree with the rest of you guys, you gotta get the coverage, then drive it like you stole it!!

When I went to get my personalized tag (Gordos) I had to have the Insurance in place on the car. I thought my origanal policy on my truck would cover it for 30 days. It does but they would not give the tag unless there was a policy directly on my Shelby. So I called State fram from the tag office and got them to fax over a binder on the policy just so I could get my tag. the Isurance was $2300.00 for one year! I almost had a stroke. but I was able to get my tag. So yeasterday I called them to get the price down on the insurance and here is what I got.

I do have a good driving record also. She told the reason behind this is the motor in the car and they still do not know how to rate this car so it has one of the highest ratings it can have. Maybe by next year I can get it fully covered :shift:

BOGUS!! Drop "Rape Farm" and call GEICO... They only charged me 1,200 a year with 250.00 deductable on comp and collision. I was with State farm prior to switching over to GEICO and I only wish I had done it sooner!

BOGUS!! Drop "Rape Farm" and call GEICO... They only charged me 1,200 a year with 250.00 deductable on comp and collision. I was with State farm prior to switching over to GEICO and I only wish I had done it sooner!

I changed from State Farm to Farmers (there is difference) years ago because I saved nearly half. State Farm is really high on high performance vehicles. Again try FARMERS Insurance :rant:

It depends on where you live too. My '01 Cobra with great coverage by StateFarm here in upstate was $1200, when my friend went to insure it in NYC it was $3500. So he shopped around and found a company that doesn't rate the CAR but rates the DRIVER -- his rate went from $3500 to $1400 (in NYC).

On my Ranger and Taurus in upstate NY I was paying nearly $1400 -- shopped around and found Progresive was MORE than State Farm! Wound up with Travelers thru our local credit union for $535! Even Geico was considerably higher. All the above numbers included multi-car discount and discount for having your home also insured with same company.

There would seem to be a big diff not only with location but also how the company bases it's risk apportionment: Car vs Driver..

From Canada, 990 / year driving, 326 / year storage...... meaning it will be less than 990 since it will be stored over the winter. 39, clean record, multi vehicle. 1500 deductable collision, 1000 deductable comprehensive, VIP protection (car rental, loss of use, etc.) Replacement cost for 3 years. I'm paying more than 990 for my Escape as well, must be milage related.....

Yeah, it does suck having to put the car away for the winter, but on the bright side, it gives a chance to play hockey, drink beer and snuggle our Canadian women to fight off the cold.....they all look just like Pamela Anderson, one of our better looking exports to the US....... don't we wish :hysterical:

Yeah, it does suck having to put the car away for the winter, but on the bright side, it gives a chance to play hockey, drink beer and snuggle our Canadian women to fight off the cold.....they all look just like Pamela Anderson, one of our better looking exports to the US....... don't we wish :hysterical:

yep... good beer

burnedgt500, That's ridiculous, you need a mother, and I have one for you. Her name is Daniel Brown an ins agent Northwest ins co. She handles Grundy Hagerty and others. Grundy is 750 per year 50,000 agreed, a cpe at 40,000 might be 600 or so.

Grundy gave me the boot, I had it all but done with them but they didn't like the fact I don't have my own insured driver. I lend money to dealers, short term, for inventory purchase's I get a free driver as part of the deal, since I hold the titles, I told them,Grundy, I own 50 cars, dumb move, the boot. So I needed a professional also, Daniel got me hooked up for 950 right away. Her ph 425 483 5758 or 800 683 1165, good luck.

burnedgt500, That's ridiculous, you need a mother, and I have one for you. Her name is Daniel Brown an ins agent Northwest ins co. She handles Grundy Hagerty and others. Grundy is 750 per year 50,000 agreed, a cpe at 40,000 might be 600 or so.

Grundy gave me the boot, I had it all but done with them but they didn't like the fact I don't have my own insured driver. I lend money to dealers, short term, for inventory purchase's I get a free driver as part of the deal, since I hold the titles, I told them,Grundy, I own 50 cars, dumb move, the boot. So I needed a professional also, Daniel got me hooked up for 950 right away. Her ph 425 483 5758 or 800 683 1165, good luck.

Great info, Fordstuffreno... thanks.

-Dan.

Wow Maybe they thought it was a '68 <lol> That's a great price! Where do you live?

You know, they didn't ask me what year it was...

I'm in the Houston TX area.

You know, they didn't ask me what year it was...

I'm in the Houston TX area.

Ah, right, B17! I forgot.

I heard a radio add the other day that an airshow was coming to our area (upstate NY) and they mentioned a B17 (and possibly a B25 too) would be there (flying/not flying?). I obviously wasn't paying attention, but figured you might be aware of it.

-Dan

Ah, right, B17! I forgot.

I heard a radio add the other day that an airshow was coming to our area (upstate NY) and they mentioned a B17 (and possibly a B25 too) would be there (flying/not flying?). I obviously wasn't paying attention, but figured you might be aware of it.

-Dan

It is probably the Collings foundation airplanes. They have been on tour in that area.

http://www.collingsfoundation.org/menu.htm

I will be flying in this show on the 21st: http://www.wingsoverhouston.com/woh_features.htm

Tim

Archived