TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Found

07SGT4578

2.2 turbo, 5-spd, has two holes in seat at seams, blue and silver car paint looks as if it was laid by rattlecan. new brakes, new shocks and struts, rear hatch needs struts replaced. leaks just a bit of oil and tranny fluids with 123000 miles. Do you guys think its worth $2200.00

it is a two owner, Oklahoma car. goes like hell. should I buy it? Do any of you guys want it?

2.2 turbo, 5-spd, has two holes in seat at seams, blue and silver car paint looks as if it was laid by rattlecan. new brakes, new shocks and struts, rear hatch needs struts replaced. leaks just a bit of oil and tranny fluids with 123000 miles. Do you guys think its worth $2200.00

it is a two owner, Oklahoma car. goes like hell. should I buy it? Do any of you guys want it?

thats a lot of change for a non numbered turbo dodge unless its realy nice and it sounds like it isnt i would check the for sale section of www.turbododge.com if you realy want a shelby dodge they are great fun and get even better millage than our SGTs do.

Agreed with Greaser... A bit high for the conditon you described. The Chargers are fun projects though. Are you willing/able to turn your own wrenches for maintanance and upgrades?

Alan

If its not a rust bucket, not been wrecked, with a good interior (should be blue interior, rarer of the 2 colors) and you like the blue car, then why not? Sounds like it will need some restoration if you're ok with that. The decals be purchased through Positive Impressions

07SGT4578, got your PM so here goes. Let me also state its hard to gauge a fair price without seeing the car or pics of the car.

Like others have mentioned the price seems to be on the high side for a Dodge Shelby Charger. If it had good paint the price would be more tolerable.

Personally I would suggest you look for a Whittier built Shelby before purchasing a Chrysler built Shelby. Whittier built Shelby's are much rarer and have more horsepower. The only Whittier built Charger was the 1987 Shelby GLHS.

Just like other used collectible cars you are always better off buying the nicest one you can. For example I have a $500 Shelby sitting on the side of the house. If I ever decide to restore it I'll probably have to spend $15k doing so and in todays market I couldn't get $15k for it if I had to sell it. Now if I had bought a real nice one for say $8k I'd be able to drive it right now and if I had to sell it I could probably get my $8k back out of it.

Steve

thanx everyone for your replies. All the pieces are there, the car needs restored I offered $1800.00 for the car, seller said no. looks like he will keep it, or I wont be buying it atleast.

One of the great things about Shelby Dodges is that there is always another one for sale. I believe your offer of $1800 was very fair but if the seller thinks he can do better all the more power to him.

Steve

Archived