TEAM SHELBY FORUM

HUH?? 2009's offer $0 optional 3.73 gearing

diamondback

I never knew that the 2009's offer $0 optional 3.73 gearing. Anyone currently have that gearing and how is it? Whats 1st gear redline speed?

http://autos.yahoo.com/ford_shelby_gt500_coupe-options/

It shows that you can order a 3.73, but I dont see one that has been ordered. I looked in the locator and none exist.

What I did find wierd is that you cant order a white car with blue stripes now? They are plenty in locator, but if you try to order one now it will only let you order black or alloy stripes?

MM

It shows that you can order a 3.73, but I dont see one that has been ordered. I looked in the locator and none exist.

What I did find wierd is that you cant order a white car with blue stripes now? They are plenty in locator, but if you try to order one now it will only let you order black or alloy stripes?

MM

FoMoCo did that just to piss Coldy off. :hysterical:

MM

Prequalification Statement = Majority of dealers.

LOL.. that doesnt surprise me at all. I'd say over 90% of these cars are ordered unsold by the dealer that has no clue and/or doesnt care. Then the rest that are custom ordered still depend on the clueless dealer to inform them about the option list and thats probaly one of the options they overlook and dont tell the buyer about. I guess that what this forum is great for, to inform.

Prequalification Statement = Majority of dealers.

LOL.. that doesnt surprise me at all. I'd say over 90% of these cars are ordered unsold by the dealer that has no clue and/or doesnt care. Then the rest that are custom ordered still depend on the clueless dealer to inform them about the option list and thats probaly one of the options they overlook and dont tell the buyer about. I guess that what this forum is great for, to inform.

You can't order a GT500 with 3.73. Not an option.

They do come standard on the KR but not available on the GT500. So dealers can't order it if they wanted to. The only option is to order it aftermarket.

The 3.31 is the only way it comes from the factory.

You can't order a GT500 with 3.73. Not an option.

They do come standard on the KR but not available on the GT500. So dealers can't order it if they wanted to. The only option is to order it aftermarket.

The 3.31 is the only way it comes from the factory.

Hmm... looks like we have a debate. If what you say is fact, then why does it show as an option for 2009 and it didnt show for an option in 2008?

KR's were made in 2008 also.

(just trying to get to the bottom of this)

quote: "It shows that you can order a 3.73, but I dont see one that has been ordered. I looked in the locator and none exist.

MM"

No, it does not show you can order a 3.73.

Locator shows a 3.73 as a choice to select but that is only because of the KR. The 3.73 comes standard on the KR.

The 3.31 comes standard on the GT500 and there is no optional 3.73 available.

quote: "It shows that you can order a 3.73, but I dont see one that has been ordered. I looked in the locator and none exist.

MM"

BTW, that does not show it is an option.

The question I asked was....WHERE does it show it is an option.

You are merely repeating someone else. Have YOU seen this listed somewhere showing this is an option available on a regular GT500?

The order guide does not list it as option. The price list does not list it as an option.

The ONLY place it is listed is as being part of the KR package.

BTW, that does not show it is an option.

The question I asked was....WHERE does it show it is an option.

You are merely repeating someone else. Have YOU seen this listed somewhere showing this is an option available on a regular GT500?

The order guide does not list it as option. The price list does not list it as an option.

The ONLY place it is listed is as being part of the KR package.

I believe it shows as an option on Yahoo Autos - which obviously isnt accurate :) NOT an option :)

Hmm... looks like we have a debate. If what you say is fact, then why does it show as an option for 2009 and it didnt show for an option in 2008?

KR's were made in 2008 also.

(just trying to get to the bottom of this)

Locator shows 3.73 for 08 as well. But again, that is for KR's only.

07 does not show 3.73 at all because there were no KR's for 07

I believe it shows as an option on Yahoo Autos - which obviously isnt accurate :) NOT an option :)

That's why you can never trust 3rd party sites. They are not always accurate.

You would amazed at how many people actually insist they are accurate over what the manufacturer says. Even Ford sometimes makes mistakes on their sites. For example, I believe they showed a picture of a blue GT500 Convertible with over the top stripes which is not available with over the top stripes unless you add them after market or unless it is a red stripe package vert which is only available in black or white with red stripes only.

HEY GUYS,

JUST WANTED TO JUMP INTO THE FRAY ADD MY $.02

I WORKED AT FORD MOTOR CO. STERLING AXLE PLANT IN QUALITY CONTROL.

SPECIFICALLY, IN THE AREA THAT PRODUCED THE MUSTANG AXLES ASSEMBLIES.

THERE WHERE NO AXLES SHIP TO AUTO ALLIANCE FOR THE GT500 THAT HAD A 373 RING N PINION.

LIKE SHELBYDUDE HAS STATED, THE OPTION FOR THE 373 WAS WRONG.

THE AXLE THAT WAS SHIPPED TO AUTO ALLIANCE WITH THE 373 RING N PINION WAS FOR THE GT500KR.

DO NOT BELIEVE EVERY THING YOU READ.

SCOTTY

SD

It does show as an OPTION in CONCEPTS. I tried to copy it but I couldnt. I understand its not an option and is standard on the KR, but Yahoo is correct to show that its an option. The code for the 3.73 axle is 457. Yahoo just copies the order guide and prints it. They dont know what you can and cant get together.

So to sum this up. Its SHOWS as an option, but its only availble on the KR and its not an option but standard.

OK now I have confused myself :hysterical::hysterical:

MM

CNHP630 VEHICLE ORDER HELP: ADDITIONAL OPTIONS 09/26/08 18:55:56

==> _________ ________________________________________ Dealer: F21494

Type code in selection fields or type X next to selected items.

SEL: htt p:/ /li nk. bri ght cov e.c om/ ser vic es/ pla yer /bc

pid 176 663 834 ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___

Model Year: 09 Body/Series: T88 PEP: 820A

SEL OPT Description Retail Invoice SEL OPT Description Retail Invoice

_ C0L EXP PRICE LABEL N/C N/C _ 31S MUSTANG VPC N/C N/C

_ C32 DELIVERY CODE N/C N/C _ 317 SHP THRU-AMPORT N/C N/C

_ C33 DELIVERY CODE N/C N/C _ 39H HAWAII ESCROW N/C N/C

_ C34 DELIVERY CODE N/C N/C _ 41H ENG BLOCK HTR *** ***

_ C35 DELIVERY CODE N/C N/C _ 422 CALIF EMISSIONS N/C N/C

_ C36 DELIVERY CODE N/C N/C _ 425 50 STATE EMISS N/C N/C

_ C37 DELIVERY CODE N/C N/C _ 428 HI ALT PRIN USE N/C N/C

_ C38 DELIVERY CODE N/C N/C _ 429 NON HI ALT USE N/C N/C

_ C39 DELIVERY CODE N/C N/C _ 457 3.73 LTD SLIP N/C N/C _ C9X MAT HOLD OPTION N/C N/C _ 46D TAPE STRIPE DEL N/C N/C

_ C91 CLEAR DSO ERROR N/C N/C _ 47D OTT STRIPE DEL N/C N/C

_ F22 DSO INCOMPLETE N/C N/C _ 51H HID HEADLAMPS 525 457.00

_ 13D SPOILER DELETE N/C N/C _ 52M AMBIENT LIGHT 295 257.00

_ 31K SHELBY AUTO N/C N/C F8=Next

***=Price varies. Move cursor to selected option and press F1 for help

RETURN=Return to Order F1=Help F2=Return/No Selection F3/F12=Veh Ord Menu

S006 - MORE DATA IS AVAILABLE. QC04027

Yahoo didn't copy it from any order guide because it is not listed in the order guide.

I understand it is in concepts, but it is in there for the KR.

Did you spec out a 2009 GT500 and submit it with that option code to see if it takes the order? I bet it comes up saying it requires the KR option code or something with that selection.

Didnt copy very well but at least you can see it IS listed as a N/C option

MM

This may shed some light on it. This is a window sticker for a current in stock vehicle. It lists the 3.73 as an added option. BUT!!!!, if you look a little further down it has the SHELBY GT500KR PACKAGE $-210. So looks like you don't get it.

Disclaimer: This window sticker is only representative of the information contained on an actual window sticker, and may or may not match the actual window sticker on the vehicle itself. Please see your retailer for further information.Vehicle DescriptionVIN 1ZVHT88S085196256MUSTANG2008 SHELBY COUPE

5.4L SC 4V V8 ENGINE

6-SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSIONExterior

SILVER CLEARCOAT METALLIC

Interior

DARK CHARCOALStandard Equipment INCLUDED AT NO EXTRA CHARGE

EXTERIOR

. 18" X 9.5" BRIGHT MACHINED ALUM WHEELS

. UNIQ SHELBY GT500 BADGING

. LEMANS TOP STRIPES "GT500" SIDE STRIPES

. UNIQUE ALUMINUM HOOD WITH AIR EXTRACTORS

. REAR DECKLID SPOILER

. FOG LAMPS

. REAR WINDOW DEFROSTER

INTERIOR

. SPORT BUCKET SEATS WITH EMBOSSED COBRA LOGO

. SHAKER 500 AUDIO SYSTEM AM/FM W/ CDX6 & MP3

. LIGHT-TONED CLUSTER GAUGES INCL BOOST GAUGE

. AIR CONDITIONING

FUNCTIONAL

. SVT TUNED SUSPENSION

. BREMBO FRONT BRAKES 14" VENTED DISC & CALIPER

. 6-SPD TREMEC MANUAL TRANS

. DUAL TUNED STAINLESS STEEL X-PIPE EXHAUST

. HIGH PERFORMANCE TIRES FRONT P255/45ZR18 REAR P285/40ZR18

SAFETY/SECURITY

. ABS/TRACTION CONTROL

. 2ND GEN DUAL FRONT AIRBAGS

. SIDE-MOUNTED AIRBAGS DRIVER & FRONT PASS SEATS

. REMOTE KEYLESS ENTRY

. LATCH CHILD SAFETY SYSTEM

. 24 HR ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE

WARRANTY

. 3YR/36000 BUMPER TO BUMPER

. 5YR/60,000 POWERTRAIN

Price Information MSRP

STANDARD VEHICLE PRICE $42,330

Optional Equipment

2008 MODEL YEAR

SILVER CLEARCOAT METALLIC

BLACK W/BLACK ACCENT LTHR

.5.4L SC 4V V8 ENGINE

.6-SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION

JOB #2 ORDER

FRONT FLOORMAT DELETE

REAR SPOILER DELETE

SHIP THRU K

50 STATE EMISSIONS

3.73 RATIO LIMITED SLIP AXLE

SIRIUS SAT RADIO W/6 MOS SVC $195

HID HEADLAMPS $525

TAPE STRIPE DELETE

OVER THE TOP STRIPE DELETE

SHELBY GT500KR PACKAGE $-210

DVD BASED NAVIGATION SYSTEM $1,995

GT500 PREMIUM TRIM PACKAGE $595

AMBIENT LIGHTING $295

TOTAL VEHICLE & OPTIONS $45,725

DESTINATION & DELIVERY $795

TOTAL MSRP $46,520

Disclaimer: Option pricing will be blank for any item that is priced as 0 or "No Charge".

Estimated Annual Fuel Cost: $ CITY MPG

HIGHWAY MPG

Vehicle Engine Information

NOT STREET LEGAL

Actual mileage will vary with options, driving conditions, driving habits and vehicle's condition. Results reported to EPA indicate that the majority of vehicles with these estimates will achieve between and mpg in the city and between and mpg on the highway.

For Comparison Shopping all vehicles classified as have been issued mileage ratings from to mpg city and to mpg highway.

Ford Extended Service Plan is the ONLY service contract backed by Ford and honored by over 5,100 Ford and Lincoln-Mercury retailers. Ask your retailer for prices and additional details or see our website at www.Ford-ESP.com

Yahoo didn't copy it from any order guide because it is not listed in the order guide.

I understand it is in concepts, but it is in there for the KR.

Did you spec out a 2009 GT500 and submit it with that option code to see if it takes the order? I bet it comes up saying it requires the KR option code or something with that selection.

It let me order the car with the 373 gear, but wouldnt let me order a white car with blue stripes.

I change stripes and it didnt SHOW on the order. I understand that its NOT available, but it does show as an option and when you order the car it does NOT say it has to be a KR.

But understand I agree that YOU CAN NOT get a GT500 with a 3.73 gear from Ford unless its a KR, but it does show as an option and will let you SUBMIT the order. But the order DID NOT show a 3.73 gear.

MM

:hysterical2: Actually they did it to keep me happy :hysterical: and so SAI can use that combo for their next creation (I.E. GT350)

I thought you would like that! :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Is there any way possible to order the KR and have it delivered without shipping to SAI? Say on MSO title and for racing purposes only?

No, because SAI does the upfit work on them.

Archived