TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Vette/Chevy people bashing my car

rsfdiver

+1 on all the comments about Vetts being a dime a dozen on the roads. I travel I5 almost daily when I am home, and I loose count how many I see up and down the freeway. On a GOOD week I might see one GT500. As I have said in the past "how many women do you see daily driving a Vett? and how many do you see driving a ssssick GT500?? They are just so much cooler. I have the utmost respect for the Z06s, they are great cars and are a testament the American engineering. But really, in all honesty nothing compares to that BAD A$$ 5.4 4v with a big ol blower. I always hear that the Z06s are a great bang for the buck, sure in some context, but look at what we can do to that 5.4 with $6,000.00 Unbelievable. You would never get to the same point with that kind of cash on a Vett.

I’m a “car guy” I was looking seriously at 06 Vipers when I was shopping for my next toy, but the 5.4 4v is what got me in the end. And I am a true die hard Ford guy. How ever did I become a die hard Ford guy you ask???? I grew up on a horse ranch learning how to drive a Ford 9N tractor, was so young that I had to put both legs on the brake lever and bounce up and down to stop it. lol (no $hit).

The next time you get a Vett guy (or any hater for that matter) that tells you that his car is faster just look at him right in the eye and in all seriousness tell him “lets go” that has always worked for me. Whew, that was a rant…H.

Guest markham51
here is a true story. i kept bugging my buddy to order a 2007 shelby gt 500 back in 2005 and he kept humming and awing what he was going to do so i went ahead and did my contract with the dealer and he did not.

my buddy lost touch of what was going on with my car and its release/photos and info as he just lost interest.we both got busy in our lifes and did not see eachother for awhile.

out of the blue one day i see a yellow Z06 pull up on my drive way and say to myself,"who the hell is that" of course it turns out to be my buddy that bought the corvette that day and he came by to see me right after he got it from the dealer. i congratulated him and i then told him a got my shelby a few months back.he then asked me to have a looksie at my shelby,up went the garage door and down went his jaw! his first words where,"oh my god is that ever mean and awesome looking,i should have listened to you Danny". :happy feet: :club: this is from a guy that just bought a new ZO6 that day.

to this day my buddy regrets buying the vette and keeps saying "i should have listened to you danny". :hysterical::confused:

Nice stable! Where in On do you live?

Mark

I am a Mustang fan period. That being said, I do like 'Vettes. One of the things that has kept me away from adding one to my collection is my fiancee's and her friends opinion.

They claim Corvette owners are nugget jewelry wearing, unbuttoned shirt, hairy grandfathers who like young women. They all claim it makes their skin crawl. I am sure they would be impressed with the cars performance - they just don't like them.

Nothing against Corvette driving, nugget jewelry wearing, unbuttoned shirt, hairy grandfathers chasing young ladies - just their opinion.

A Z06 is a boring car?? :headscratch:

Wow, you have unrealistic expectations then. Maybe you should drive one, you'll be whistling a different tune then.

You're right I should drive one. I don't think I would ever own one though, can't stand the styling or the lame attitude I see over and over from their drivers. I don't like them. If I want another sports car i'll buy Italian or German, if I want American i'll buy Shelby.

+1 on all the comments about Vetts being a dime a dozen on the roads.

The next time you get a Vett guy (or any hater for that matter) that tells you that his car is faster just look at him right in the eye and in all seriousness tell him "lets go" that has always worked for me.

If they do go, don't forget to load up the obligatory three passengers in each car first!

Louis Armstrong was once asked to explain what "swing" music was. He answered, "Man, if I have to explain it, you ain't gonna get it!"

Pretty much the same for a Shelby. You either get it or you don't.

I wouldn't worry what others think. To me it's not a competition. I love Corvettes (used to own one too) and automobiles of all types for that matter. There is something about a Shelby that you can't get from any other car in the world, regardless of price, horsepower, exlusiveness, etc. It's that Shelby mystique everyone talks about. Enjoy your GT 500. :)

Archived