TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Start of my GT500 adventure

jdscooby

I have been lurking on this board for a while and this is my first post. Have learned alot. The beginning of my GT500 adventure is not starting so well. Looked at and found the car I wanted last weekend. 09 Alloy coupe. Started negotiating for the car Wed night as they still had it and never received a call back. Put a call in Thur morning and still no call back. Waited until noon as the guy I was dealing with worked until 8:00 the previous night. Finally sent an email to the internet department and 2 1/2 hours later get an email back the car had just been sold :angry2:. Needless to say I was and still am furious. At least they could have given me a call to let me know what was happening. I hate working with car dealers and salesmen :runaway:. The kicker to it all is there is not another car this color in the coupe in the Phoenix area. And second of all, the same dealer that did this to me has a 09 Black Red Stripe on the lot that I would be interested in but I refuse to do bussiness with them. May see if I can have another dealer get it. Anyway, enough of the soap box. Just had to vent somewhere people would understand. Regardless, hopefully will have a new GT500 this weekend.

Also, has anyone been successful at negotiating price under MSRP? Did see one post where someone got $1000 under MSRP.

I have been lurking on this board for a while and this is my first post. Have learned alot. The beginning of my GT500 adventure is not starting so well. Looked at and found the car I wanted last weekend. 09 Alloy coupe. Started negotiating for the car Wed night as they still had it and never received a call back. Put a call in Thur morning and still no call back. waited until noon as the guy I was dealing with worked until 8: the previous night. Finally sent an email to the internet department and 2 1/2 hours later get an email back the car had just been sold :angry2:. Needless to say I was and still am furious. At least they could have given me a call to let me know what was happening. I hate working with car dealers and salesmen :runaway:. The kicker to it all is there is not another car this color in the coupe in the Phoenix area. And second of all, the same dealer that did this to me has a 09 Black Red Stripe on the lot that I would be interested in but I refuse to do bussiness with them. May see if I can have another dealer get it. Anyway, enough of the soap box. Just had to vent somewhere people would understand. Regardless, hopefully will have a new GT500 this weekend.

Also, has anyone been successful at negotiating price under MSRP? Did see one post wherer someone got $1000 under MSRP.

Give Shelby Dude a call or Micheal Morris they could set you in a new ride. No hassles !!!!!!!

I bought my 09 GT500 on September 4th.

I paid MSRP, maybe I should have played hard ball but I think they knew they had me when I first laid eyes on it and started drooling.

It is black with the dark grey stripe, loaded, even has navigation.

Anyway they gave me the speech that the manager would rather just put it under glass in the show room than sell it under MSRP.

Who knows, they had a grabber orange one with a white stripe sitting next too it, and 3 weeks later it is still there.

That was just too hard on the eyes for me, beautiful car but just not my tune. I knew the moment I saw the black one it was going to be mine.

Good luck but I tell you the black with red stripe would tempt me to march over there and just buy it.

Welcome to the club, it is a blast to own this car, fun every time I turn the key.

Black with Red stripes is a love it or hate it deal.If it's what you want go get it!I really like them myself.In the end if they have another car you REALLY want and don't try to deal with those cornholers,You lose.Or call Michael the Godfather or Shelby Dude and see what they can do for you.

JD,

Welcome to Team Shelby Forums. If I was in the market for a 2009 GT500 I would make darn sure that I got one that was built after Aug 15th 2008. In fact I would buy one that was produced in Sept of 2008 just to make sure.

Reason: The new #3100 series steel / Billet flywheel and nickle hub clutch started going in right around Aug 15th. If you don't have these parts in your car, there is a huge chance that you will be dealing with the dreaded Clutch drag TSB.

GT500_Clutch_drag_TSB_08_16_04.pdf

Take my advice and hold out for a Sept 2008 build date. The build month is on the door piller and the dealer can give you the exact date.

Good luck.

There's a fella on another site (SVT Performance) that just bought a 2009 Ebony coupe with Alloy stripes yesterday and claims the price was $2165 below MSRP. He was looking at Earnheardt and Power Ford, but I don't know where he ended up purchasing from.

Good luck finding the right car at a good price, and welcome!

JD,

Welcome to Team Shelby Forums. If I was in the market for a 2009 GT500 I would make darn sure that I got one that was built after Aug 15th 2008. In fact I would buy one that was produced in Sept of 2008 just to make sure.

Reason: The new #3100 series steel / Billet flywheel and nickle hub clutch started going in right around Aug 15th. If you don't have these parts in your car, there is a huge chance that you will be dealing with the dreaded Clutch drag TSB.

Take my advice and hold out for a Sept 2008 build date. The build month is on the door piller and the dealer can give you the exact date.

Good luck.

Thanks everyone I am leaning toward 2 cars right now. One being the Red Stripe which is unfortunately at the dealer I was hosed by. It is not on the lot yet. They told me it was in the rail yard and they would have it Monday. Would think that this would be a later build date but will check. The other is an alloy with black stripe. The guy I have been dealing with on this one has been great. Custermer service goes a long way in my book. My issue right now is that I love the look of the exterior of the Red Stripe, have had black vehicles before and know they are work to keep looking good, I am not real crazy about the red inserts in the interior though. Trying to decide if I can live with those for the next numerous years. Regardless I will check out build dates.

As far as price goes, looks like MSRP is the best anyone will do. I did get them to take the $5000 "Market Adjustment" off of the Vapor one.

Archived