TEAM SHELBY FORUM

close call with the GT500

MYGT500

This morning it was a beautiful day in Columbus Ohio...75-80 degrees...Sunny...but about 5 pm...the skies darkened...I asked my wife what if it storms bad,and today I have the GT500 at work with me...well..I made a Bee-line for home..it started raining hard...5 mins after I put it safely in the garage,a major Hail storm hit...big stuff...tornado's in the area spotted...My car is fine,but 2 other cars in my drive,a RX7 and a cavalier convert were hail damaged..the mazda the worst,might be totaled......but i consider myself lucky that the 500 was saved..:)

MYGT500, Close call.

I too am in Cols Ohio and thought about taking my ride to work but decided against it. The storm hit Westerville around 7:00pm but very small hail. Nothing damaged. My baby was safe in the stable anyway. PM me and maybe we can hook up?

This morning it was a beautiful day in Columbus Ohio...75-80 degrees...Sunny...but about 5 pm...the skies darkened...I asked my wife what if it storms bad,and today I have the GT500 at work with me...well..I made a Bee-line for home..it started raining hard...5 mins after I put it safely in the garage,a major Hail storm hit...big stuff...tornado's in the area spotted...My car is fine,but 2 other cars in my drive,a RX7 and a cavalier convert were hail damaged..the mazda the worst,might be totaled......but i consider myself lucky that the 500 was saved..:)

This past Monday - three days after I picked up my Shelby - it hailed. Twice. The second time it started I was getting out of my car at a restaurant, and I heard, doink, doink, doink. I saw a couple of chucks of hail falling. Then the heavens opened up, and I stood inside the restaurant and watched water softener salt sized hail fall for about 5 minutes. The ground was simply covered with it. It hasn't hailed here in a good long time. After it finished and I changed my shorts, I went out and checked the car out. As far as I can tell there is no damage, but I won't know for sure until I have a chance to wash it and look it over carefully. Damn! :censored:

This past Monday - three days after I picked up my Shelby - it hailed. Twice. The second time it started I was getting out of my car at a restaurant, and I heard, doink, doink, doink. I saw a couple of chucks of hail falling. Then the heavens opened up, and I stood inside the restaurant and watched water softener salt sized hail fall for about 5 minutes. The ground was simply covered with it. It hasn't hailed here in a good long time. After it finished and I changed my shorts, I went out and checked the car out. As far as I can tell there is no damage, but I won't know for sure until I have a chance to wash it and look it over carefully. Damn! :censored:

Holy-Moly---I'd have been out there laying across the hood, trying to protect my baby the best I could with my bruised and battered body! :wacko:

I'm supposed to pick mine up the week of the 27th (Oct) from a dealer (who's been real cool-upright so far) in N. Wyoming--I'm afraid of a freak (or should I say freakin) snow storm 400 miles from home!

CC

Jolly, if there's any visible damage it'll be on your hood, since it's Aluminum. I had an Expedition that was caught in a hail storm a few years back. The only ding marks were on the 'Al' hood. Nothing on the Sheet Metal Roof.

Squat down at eye level with the hood and peer across. Hail Dings will be Very apparent, especially in the Sunlight.

update...in the light of day we found major roof damage to our home from the hail storm..the insurance company came out and surveyed the damage. they are replacing our entire roof on the house and garage,plus all vents and gutters...so every thing house wise will be ok..the damaged cars go to the adjuster on saturday...

Jolly, if there's any visible damage it'll be on your hood, since it's Aluminum. I had an Expedition that was caught in a hail storm a few years back. The only ding marks were on the 'Al' hood. Nothing on the Sheet Metal Roof.

Squat down at eye level with the hood and peer across. Hail Dings will be Very apparent, especially in the Sunlight.

Thanks, 07 Shelby. It finally cleared out around here (It's been a loooooong time since we had so much rain. I blame myself, since I just picked up my Shelby.) and I looked the car over carefully - including the hood. No dents or dings. It looks just fine. Whew! Now if only my shorts had fared so well as I watched the hail bounce off my new GT500 - they definitely saw some damage. :hysterical:

update...in the light of day we found major roof damage to our home from the hail storm..the insurance company came out and surveyed the damage. they are replacing our entire roof on the house and garage,plus all vents and gutters...so every thing house wise will be ok..the damaged cars go to the adjuster on saturday...

figured you would be replacing the entire roof brian. that was a nasty storm. i am still planning on calling you sunday to stop over. we need to get some pics of the red and blue together.

OK, how many of us in Columbus have GT500s? We are in Powell and have a red/white and there's another one less than 2 miles from us. Ours was safely in the garage that day! It's beginning to sound like we could have our own little car show around here! :grouphug:

if you would like to meet up at our home in Blacklick sunday,let me know..it would be cool to have 2-5 shelbys together....tell your friend ....we can fit many cars safely in our driveway....

if you would like to meet up at our home in Blacklick sunday,let me know..it would be cool to have 2-5 shelbys together....tell your friend ....we can fit many cars safely in our driveway....

Too bad I don't have mine yet. I live in Columbus Indiana, which is only about a 3.5 hour drive. I have family in Cincinnati, so I could visit them too. Unfortunately, I don't have a VIN yet. Perhaps next summer?

If you're not driving, drink one for me. :party:

Dave

Sorry I didn't get back to see your message about getting together sooner. We ended up with Buckeye tickets, went to the game Saturday, and then the baby had a double ear infection Sunday :baby: . We went nowhere. Maybe another weekend; we are gone next weekend, though.

We actually took a look at that red/white one at Dick Masheter before ours came in at Germain. It was back in the old paint booth all dusty and dirty. My husband actually got to fire it up and that was the first one I got to hear. We couldn't believe they didn't have it out in the showroom! I'm glad to see it went to a good home where it's loved! They wanted $19K over at the time and said it was going on Ebay soon.

Archived