TEAM SHELBY FORUM

More price gouging *Updated 07/04/06*

Evil95GT

Ok, as a recap, we had entry #1 the other night. The info is as follows:

Mtn. View Ford

301 E. 20th St.

Chattanooga, TN

Phone: (423) 595-4346 Fax: 423 763-0313

We have more, folks. If people would *refuse* to participate in this "biggest dollar" madness, the dealerships would have no choice but to sell for invoice. But anyhow, here goes. If you have a submission, add it, and be sure to put the info in bold. A link to substantiate the gouging claim would be helpful as well.

Jacobs Twin Ford

6720 W. Grand Avenue

Chicago, IL 60707

Sales: 888-385-4944

Fax: 773-889-9717

Service: 888-385-4947

$10,000 over and counting

I'll continue to update as the info becomes available.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, as a recap, we had entry #1 the other night. The info is as follows:

Mtn. View Ford

301 E. 20th St.

Chattanooga, TN

Phone: (423) 595-4346 Fax: 423 763-0313

We have more, folks. If people would *refuse* to participate in this "biggest dollar" madness, the dealerships would have no choice but to sell for invoice. But anyhow, here goes. If you have a submission, add it, and be sure to put the info in bold. A link to substantiate the gouging claim would be helpful as well.

Jacobs Twin Ford

6720 W. Grand Avenue

Chicago, IL 60707

Sales: 888-385-4944

Fax: 773-889-9717

Service: 888-385-4947

$10,000 over and counting

I'll continue to update as the info becomes available.

The bidding stopped at 15k over MSRP.....

• 1 month later...

I followed the hunch of another member, and much to my dismay, the gouging continues. Here's what I found:

14K over and counting

Bartlett Ford

Brookston, IN

800-982-3126

Now this one, this is just disgusting:

$30,000 over MSRP, 3 days to go

North Country Ford Mercury Inc

Cameron, MO

No contact info available

Here's an interesting tidbit I found within the $30K auction:

We have been allocated one from Ford Motor Company for winning the 2005 Ford President's Award.

Now how can it be that *this* guy knows that info, but nobody else does? :shrug:

The list continues. Careful who you give your money to, folks. These greedy bastards sure don't deserve it.

Holy cow! There's more. The bullshit is getting deep, folks.

Buy a "Presale ticket" for a 2007 GT500?

But it gets better...............this guy is already selling Convertibles! What a clown!

Get your vert here (rolleyes)

The above mentioned is a DEALERSHIP. Yes, the convertiblle is being sold by a dealership. Here's the info:

Nielsen Ford Mercury

Bloomer Wisconsin

www.NielsenFord.com

715-568-2182

And looky here! This dealership already has their order in! :bowdown: How in the HELL could that be true? :rolleyes:

A Red GT500 Vert that's already been ordered

That one is offered to you by:

Woodhouse Auto Family

Blair, Nebraska

(800)889-1893

:read::nonono:

Here's an interesting tidbit I found within the $30K auction:

We have been allocated one from Ford Motor Company for winning the 2005 Ford President's Award.

Now how can it be that *this* guy knows that info, but nobody else does? :shrug:

The list continues. Careful who you give your money to, folks. These greedy bastards sure don't deserve it.

All Pres Award dealer get one for getting that award. That was published last Summer in a letter from Daryl Hazel.

I can't link you to it right now because themustangsource is down. It is stickied in that sites GT500 forum.

All Pres Award dealer get one for getting that award. That was published last Summer in a letter from Daryl Hazel.

I can't link you to it right now because themustangsource is down. It is stickied in that sites GT500 forum.

Thanks very much for schooling me, because I didn't have a *clue*. I stand corrected. So we know at least that part of the auction is sincere and factual. :)

I found it. I find this letter very helpful. It is from July '05, but, it still seems to be what dealers are being told.

I hope my tone wasn't implying you were clueless. I didn't intend for it to. I agree with your rant about the dealers. it is rediculous and should be controlled. Unfortunately, Ford has little control over it.

This should answer a lot of questions.

Darryl B. Hazel Ford Motor Company

email: XXXX@ford.com Dearborn, Michigan 48126-4207

July 19, 2005

All Ford Division Dealers

Subject: SVT Distribution Plan

The purpose of this communication is to announce the following:

· Revision to the SVT distribution policy

· Allocation plan for the Mustang Shelby Cobra GT500

As we go forward, our goal is to expand our lineup of Ford performance oriented vehicles. One such example is the Mustang Shelby Cobra GT500 which is scheduled for production next summer. As we expect to have a strong line-up of performance products in the future, the cadence of these products

necessitates a change to our distribution policy. Accordingly, the Mustang Shelby Cobra GT500 and all future products engineered by SVT will be available to all dealers who complete the necessary certification requirements. This will further strengthen the Ford brand by providing us with a greater opportunity to drive showroom traffic by leveraging halo products in all our marketing communications.

This will also help achieve compliance with various state laws by providing all dealers who become certified the opportunity to sell performance oriented vehicles.

Certification Requirements to Sell SVT-Engineered Products

SVT-engineered products will be available to all dealers who complete the certification requirements. A unique certification plan will be announced for each SVT engineered product at a later date. Similar to Escape Hybrid, certification will likely include sales consultant training, technician training and purchase

of special service tools. As in the past, this opportunity will be open to all dealers who enroll in the SVT program and who meet SVT program requirements.

Mustang Shelby Cobra GT500 Allocation Plan

Dealers will be required to complete certification requirements to receive any type of allocation for the Shelby Cobra GT500. In recognition of their commitment to the program, current SVT dealers and SVT Focus dealers will receive preferential allocation for the Shelby Cobra GT500 for the first model year.

At current projections, we expect around 7,000 units to be produced for the 2007 model year. Allocation will be as follows:

· Two incremental units for current full-line SVT dealers (605 dealers)

· One incremental unit for SVT Focus-only dealers (700 dealers)

· One unit for any dealer who completes certification requirements

· One unit for 2005 President's Award winners (343 dealers)

· Remaining production will be allocated based on a Mustang share-of-nation formula

Allocation Example:

A current full-line SVT dealer who wins the 2005 President's Award will receive four units plus any units for Mustang share-of-nation.

Example: Full Line SVT Dealer: 2

Completed certification: 1

2005 President's Award: 1

Mustang share-of-nation: TBD

Managing Customer Expectations

We are already receiving customer inquiries about GT500 availability as well as reports of dealers holding deposits for this car. Dealer allocation will not be announced until the first quarter of 2006.

Despite the extremely high market interest in this product, it is important to appropriately manage the expectations of your customers according to your actual allocation.

Sincerely,

Darryl Hazel

I agree it's crazy, but how can you blame the dealers for wanting as much for the car as they can get? If people are stupid enough to pay $30,000 over MSRP why shouldn't the dealer accept it? If I was selling my car I would want to get as much as people are willing to pay for it.

If these dealers had told people previously that they could buy it for MSRP or a certain amount over and they are now going back on their word - that's a different story.

I agree it's crazy, but how can you blame the dealers for wanting as much for the car as they can get? If people are stupid enough to pay $30,000 over MSRP why shouldn't the dealer accept it? If I was selling my car I would want to get as much as people are willing to pay for it.

If these dealers had told people previously that they could buy it for MSRP or a certain amount over and they are now going back on their word - that's a different story.

I absolutely agree. As Chris Rock says... "I don't condone it... but I understand."

Holy cow! There's more. The bullshit is getting deep, folks.

Buy a "Presale ticket" for a 2007 GT500?

I like the quote: There is only 1000 being sold and 1 of them sold for over $400000 at Barret Jackson Auction this year.

Well, dumbass, more like 10,000, and the BJ was $600k+ because it was FOR A CHARITY and was the right to have the first car made.

Have I mentioned I HATE BJ?? Every SOB dealer now thinks that if he doesn't get double MSRP he's getting screwed!

I like the quote: There is only 1000 being sold and 1 of them sold for over $400000 at Barret Jackson Auction this year.

Well, dumbass, more like 10,000, and the BJ was $600k+ because it was FOR A CHARITY and was the right to have the first car made.

Have I mentioned I HATE BJ?? Every SOB dealer now thinks that if he doesn't get double MSRP he's getting screwed!

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Isn't that a song?

In reality whoever the guy was that won the auction at Barrett-Jackson, had some alterior motives

the main goal was just a big tax reducing write-off,.............. with a fast perc!!!

Nobody can actually beleive that somebody paid that kind of money for the sole purpose of getting this car....first one or not!!!

You could get 4 GT40's for that price, which would you rather have,

1 GT500 OR 4 GT40's.....Hmmmm???

I think it was the cheritable donation tax write-off myself.

KingCobra.

In reality whoever the guy was that won the auction at Barrett-Jackson, had some alterior motives

the main goal was just a big tax reducing write-off,.............. with a fast perc!!!

I think it was the cheritable donation tax write-off myself.

KingCobra.

Yep, that or just the "fame" of it. Remember, these guys have more $$ than brains... being the "BJ Shelby Mustang guy" is worth it to some people. :nonono:

I, on the other hand, have more brains than $$ :D - I'll wait to get the deal I want on this car!

Yep, that or just the "fame" of it. Remember, these guys have more $$ than brains... being the "BJ Shelby Mustang guy" is worth it to some people. :nonono:

I, on the other hand, have more brains than $$ :D - I'll wait to get the deal I want on this car!

I thought I read somewhere that Carroll Shelby was the actual winner of the Barrett Jackson car.....

still unconfirmed.

I found it. I find this letter very helpful. It is from July '05, but, it still seems to be what dealers are being told.

I hope my tone wasn't implying you were clueless. I didn't intend for it to. I agree with your rant about the dealers. it is rediculous and should be controlled. Unfortunately, Ford has little control over it.

Now that SVT is being dissolved :censored: I think the dealer allocation letter (from 7/05) means little to nothing anymore. I say it turns into a 1st come 1st serve to the biggest check book..... and we still don't know how many will be made even with the new dealer 2007 GT 500 order sheets coming out for dealers to start to placing orders with :headscratch:

Thanks for your contributon, Bill, and welcome to the board! :happy feet:

Coldwater,

Hopefully they'll release some concrete info soon. I'm just a sideliner, and I find myself getting frustrated.........I can only imagine how y'all feel right now. :(

That's insane.... the dealer put a 100,000 buy out option on it, just for the right to buy. I doubt anyone will choose the buyout option. It's almost like a market manipulation... they put up numbers like that and soon other dealers start thinking there cars are worth that much.

Here's one for you, and this is unbelievable:

Portsmouth Ford

400 Spaulding Tpke

Portsmouth, NH, 03801

PH: (603) 433-1221

They are looking for- get this- $200,000 per copy. I told the guy...with a VERY long pause: $200? For a Mustang?? Then he went on to say that the auction went for $600k. I said, yeah, for the 1st one, and for charity. They'll be making 10,000 of these. He said he knows. :headscratch:

So, I said......that's OK, take me off your list. I guess they really don't want to sell cars here. :headscratch::censored::censored::censored:

Portsmouth Ford

400 Spaulding Tpke

Portsmouth, NH, 03801

They are looking for- get this- $200,000 per copy. I told the guy...with a VERY long pause: $200? For a Mustang?? Then he went on to say that the auction went for $600k. I said, yeah, for the 1st one, and for charity. They'll be making 10,000 of these. He said he knows. :headscratch:

So, I said......that's OK, take me off your list. I guess they really don't want to sell cars here. :headscratch::censored::censored::censored:

That's just plain stupid. I can understand the dealers that put their cars on EBAY & let the market dictate the price, but to put a ridiculous price on it like $200,000 is not even near realistic.

Portsmouth Ford

400 Spaulding Tpke

Portsmouth, NH, 03801

You sure they weren't thinking of the Ford GT (or what some people call the GT-40) supercar?? I've had a few dealers think I was talking about the GT instead of the Shelby GT500.

If not, then $200,000??? :nonono: These idiots should have that car in their showroom for A LONG TIME!!

You sure they weren't thinking of the Ford GT (or what some people call the GT-40) supercar?? I've had a few dealers think I was talking about the GT instead of the Shelby GT500.

If not, then $200,000??? :nonono: These idiots should have that car in their showroom for A LONG TIME!!

I'm sure. I said: "$200,000.00 (looong pause) for a Mustang." His reply was "this is a Shelby, and the other one sold for $600,000. I said, yeah, 1st one, for charity.......

I would buy a Ford GT way before I spent $200 fat for a Shelby, but hey....that's me! :wacko:

Safe to say......the dealers are out of control~

Safe to say......the dealers are out of control~

Yup. They are.

Went in this morning to see if the orders were placed yet. Nope. Last year, when I first approached them about the GT500, my sales guy said, "We'll probrbly sell them for sticker". At the time, they weren't starting a list. He called me in Dec to say they were starting their list, and to bring a $1000 refundable deposit to be on it. Wound up #2 behind one of the service guys. When I brought the check in, the service manager got involved and said they would probably be looking for "about $5K" over MSRP.

Last month, the sales manager subtly adds that "the owner is looking for more like 10K over." I brought up my purchase and service history and said 5K was the top on what I would pay over. Today, the sales manager says, "the owner is looking for 10K to 15K over." He also said my order is going in tomorrow morning. I laughed and walked out.

Drove across the street to the local Mercedes Benz dealership, just to see what they had for under 60K. A few of my friends have bought cars there and say they are great to deal with.

Test drove a C55 AMG. Nice car. I can get it for 58.5K, add in taxes and tags and I'm out the door just under 62K.

GT500 conv will sticker at 45K. Options around 5K. With "just" 5K ADMU, I'm at 55K.

I'm taking the wife to see the C55 AMG tonight.

What to do? :shrug:

Archived