TEAM SHELBY FORUM

This section of the forum is too sloooooow!

Was hoping for some new pics, part reviews or stories on a 40th....anyone?

Sorry TX, I would be happy to contribute, however my car is still at SAI and has been since since June. Must be the KR's slowing them down. By the way, what color are your wheels, I have my blue coupe ordered with gun metal and not sure I will stay with that choice. Thanks

Sorry TX, I would be happy to contribute, however my car is still at SAI and has been since since June. Must be the KR's slowing them down. By the way, what color are your wheels, I have my blue coupe ordered with gun metal and not sure I will stay with that choice. Thanks

Good luck 500, I am sure it won't be much longer....but since June?,,,,Wow!

Mine are chrome, I thought they may be to much bling for me but as it turns out, I love em!! :happy feet:

Thanks Andy! I had been scouring the site and did find this, but it was great to go through it again.

Anyone else have anything new??

Kinda new, but I had mentioned it before. But someone desperate for material might like it.

I started Mustang Mondays at my place about a month or so ago. I've invited some of the Calgary GT500 guys that I've met on the forum, as well as my friend with his Mustang GT, now Whipple-ized. And yes, that's a real word... now. :P

So the idea is just to come over Monday evenings and talk about whatever. I have my 40th done, some are waiting for their SS call, and so on. Turnout's been low, mainly due to scheduling conflicts, but it's a start. Monday should have:

Mike - Blue coupe Mustang GT; 425HP Whipple

Nuker - Blue coupe GT500 - SS waiting list

BChorney - Blue coupe GT500 - SS waiting list

Joe Frito - Hard to tell from Avatar, but maybe vapour(?) GT500

Dan - Blue coupe 605HP 40th

Neil - Blue vert 605HP 40th (consecutive numbers; neighbours on same street)

me - Blue coupe 725HP 40th

Txcobra, looks like you'd fit right in with your blue vert. Who knew there'd be so many in Calgary, and 3 blue 40th's must be some kind of record, for a population of just over 1 million.

:happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :play: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Actually, Dan and Neil may only make it over Tuesday, as Monday's booked. Brett also knows another guy in Calgary with 2 GT500's, and will invite him.

It's getting dark in Calgary by 7:30pm these days, and the temp drops quickly when the sun goes down. We're getting overnight lows near freezing, so this gathering won't be happening much longer, until spring.

We have lots to talk about and compare, like 605 vs 725, funny noises, rear-ends that tanked 4 miles after getting off the transport (Dan), drag strip adventures, SS's selling for $175K in Calgary, and so on. Like a live forum...

And for those that are really desperate for news, I'll let you know that I drove my 40th in the pouring rain yesterday - first significant rain its seen. Very dirty today, almost made me cry. :cry:

It will be good to meet the guys I've only met online. Should be fun... and a good photo op :camera:

Nice! We need a Texas contingent to gather that way too! I don't think there are many Austin area 40th's or SuperSnakes, but any Shelby's would be great. Come on Texas guys...you out there?

Sorry to hear yours got caught in the rain...nothing a few dozen hours of undercarriage cleaning won't fix....ugh.

Make sure and post lots of pics from the next Mustang Monday!

Good luck 500, I am sure it won't be much longer....but since June?,,,,Wow!

Mine are chrome, I thought they may be to much bling for me but as it turns out, I love em!! :happy feet:

Thanks TX, I like the chrome alot also, just did'nt want to be mistaken for a low rider here at home (lots of low riders here in ABQ) maybe silver is a good compromise. as far as the wait is concerned possibly the delay is due to me wanting the new painted rear calipers on the extreme brakes. Just as well any way on the delay, it gives me more time to work and pay for the mods! Good job Vogon on Mustang Mondays, I'm pretty sure that it would be a small gathering here in ABQ.

Believe me, I was worried about too much bling myself...not my style. After seeing them in person, I was very happy. I had originally ordered silver, but a backorder would have delayed my car by several weeks. I couldn't wait. Whatever you decide, best of luck!

Thanks TX, I like the chrome alot also, just did'nt want to be mistaken for a low rider here at home (lots of low riders here in ABQ) maybe silver is a good compromise. as far as the wait is concerned possibly the delay is due to me wanting the new painted rear calipers on the extreme brakes. Just as well any way on the delay, it gives me more time to work and pay for the mods! Good job Vogon on Mustang Mondays, I'm pretty sure that it would be a small gathering here in ABQ.

Thanks. I don't really know which thread to post it in, with some stock, some 40th's, and soon an SS; so probably the 2007-2009 GT500's. I'll post a link in here shortly...

Link: http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=34508

• 4 weeks later...

I have not been able to find some strut tower caps that I like to compliment the 40th engine caps. I added the Shelby engine compartment screws that have the same basic shape as the engine caps so decided to make my own.

cap3.jpg

cap4.jpg

cap2.jpg

Archived