TEAM SHELBY FORUM

black86glhs

Hello all. New member just saying hi. I have a 1986 GLHS #161. It is still quite rough, but plans are to get her back to previous glory.

black86glhs, Welcome to the Team Shelby forums. Glad you found us.

The 1986 GLHS is getting the most attention lately and my prediction it will be the most sought after Shelby Dodge down the road. Not that the other Shelby Dodges wont be sought after its just that strange L body attraction is getting peoples attention.

I guess it helps when Carroll always brings up his 86 'S' car when discussing Shelby Dodges.

Steve

welcome lets see some pics.

oh and steve dont discount the csx-vnts altho i have a personal intrest in them.

Yup the 89 CSX is on the heels of the 86 GLHS. Probably can't go wrong with either of them.

Although Carroll talks of his 86 GLHS all the time he's probably spent the most time behind the wheel of his 89 CSX the last 10 years or so.

Steve

Hello all. New member just saying hi. I have a 1986 GLHS #161. It is still quite rough, but plans are to get her back to previous glory.

Nice! Welcome :) I've never had an 86 S car, but I've got my eye on one :wub: I wish the Wifey would give in just a little :unsure: ...

Alan

I wish the Wifey would give in just a little :unsure: ...

Alan

My wife HATES mine, says it makes her chest area hurt.... :hysterical:

That, and it it left her stranded a couple times back in 88 due to the old dual stage fuel pump...however, she does seem to like it from time to time.

There's a police officer that spoke to her about going over 100MPH over the Lake Loose Your Life bridge (north of Dallas for those not from around here) a few years back.... :busted:

Thanks for the welcome. Come on Alan, get one!! I'll post up some pics. For a NE Ohio car(translation for you left coasters....RUST), it is in very good shape. It will need to be pulled apart and have the body gone over, but it is a solid car. Ask Alan, He will tell you that I'm not all there either. Haven't met in person, but from posts on another forum, he can verify!! :drool:

Picture_011.jpg

Picture_014.jpg

Picture_011.jpg

Picture_014.jpg

Steve, you are correct. It does have paint issues, but not like the SW and Cali area cars. Going to call in a favor to a friend of mine and see if I can use his garage to start the body work. Besides, he wants to get into doing some. I'll let him cut out and replace the rear wheel openings as practice.

Thanks for the welcome. Come on Alan, get one!! I'll post up some pics. For a NE Ohio car(translation for you left coasters....RUST), it is in very good shape. It will need to be pulled apart and have the body gone over, but it is a solid car. Ask Alan, He will tell you that I'm not all there either. Haven't met in person, but from posts on another forum, he can verify!! :drool:

I'm still making a case for another Shelby with the Wifey, last time we talked about it she said "So where are you and your cars gonna live?" Sounds to me like she is giving in a little :P I mean she pretty much said I could get it right :rolleyes: ?

This 86 GLHS may not be worth all the trouble, it has 20,XXX miles already and has been just sitting in a garage for years and years. I probably have to put in a fuel pump and battery before it would even run :violin: :lol2:

Alan

I'm still making a case for another Shelby with the Wifey, last time we talked about it she said "So where are you and your cars gonna live?" Sounds to me like she is giving in a little :P I mean she pretty much said I could get it right :rolleyes: ?

This 86 GLHS may not be worth all the trouble, it has 20,XXX miles already and has been just sitting in a garage for years and years. I probably have to put in a fuel pump and battery before it would even run :violin: :lol2:

Alan

Yeah, wouldn't want you to break the bank buying a battery and pump! :nonono::redcard::titanic:

Archived