TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Die Cast

RUFDRAFT

I ordered a Shelby die cast months ago when I thought I was going to buy one.

It came today.

If anyone has any interest, PM me. I paid $64.50 including shipping. I'm asking that, plus shipping to you.

Red with White Stripes - 1:18 scale - Hot Wheels Elite from "DieCast Mustangs" Montgomery AL.

It has the correct rims.

I'll post a pic or two when I use up my current roll of film. I haven't taken it out of the box.

If no one has interest - I'll hang on to it and add it to the collection! :shift:

I ordered a Shelby die cast months ago when I thought I was going to buy one.

It came today.

If anyone has any interest, PM me. I paid $64.50 including shipping. I'm asking that, plus shipping to you.

Red with White Stripes - 1:18 scale - Hot Wheels Elite from "DieCast Mustangs" Montgomery AL.

It has the correct rims.

I'll post a pic or two when I use up my current roll of film. I haven't taken it out of the box.

If no one has interest - I'll hang on to it and add it to the collection! :shift:

I'll take it Ruff, you have a pm ready. I'll have two Shelbys within two weeks!!!!!!!!

Lutzcat

Sold! And - no ADM!

I'll reply to your PM with my address. It looks very well done through the plastic. Red seat inserts included.

I thought about keeping it - but I have a black GT inbound and I'm trying hard not to start collecting die cast!

I've got a buddy who is out of control with the cars!

I hope you enjoy it.

Bryan

Sold! And - no ADM!

I'll reply to your PM with my address. It looks very well done through the plastic. Red seat inserts included.

I thought about keeping it - but I have a black GT inbound and I'm trying hard not to start collecting die cast!

I've got a buddy who is out of control with the cars!

I hope you enjoy it.

Bryan

Thanks, the little Shelby will solve alot of problems, when the 17 year old ask to drive my car, I'll just hand him the little one and ask very kindly not to scratch it. LOL. Started to order one a few months back, but couldn't stand the thought of having to stare at it without having the big one. Will be mailed in the morning.

Thanks again Bryan

Lutzcat

Hi Lutz -

I just noticed the rims on this car appear to be chrome - not alloy.

Just wanted to let you know in case that's going to be an issue for you.

No issue at all, just please remove the plastic on the seats and after the PDI, when washing please use a new wash bucket with real sponges, softer on the paint. Full tank of high test would be nice too!!!

Check was sent this morning, you should recieve it Monday.

Thanks again,

Lutzcat

:hysterical:

I haven't broken the seal on the box, bro. That's for you to handle.

Though the longer it sits here, the more I want to keep it!

It's a very well made model. (though it's not made here)

If I was a teenager, no way I'd let it go!

When I was that age, I used to put together 1:24 scale car models - usually Revell I think.

All plastic. They gave you all the parts on "trees" that you had to cut off with a knife - then glue together and paint.

The good old days....

These die cast are very cool. I know you'll enjoy it. :rockon:

:hysterical:

I haven't broken the seal on the box, bro. That's for you to handle.

Though the longer it sits here, the more I want to keep it!

It's a very well made model. (though it's not made here)

If I was a teenager, no way I'd let it go!

When I was that age, I used to put together 1:24 scale car models - usually Revell I think.

All plastic. They gave you all the parts on "trees" that you had to cut off with a knife - then glue together and paint.

The good old days....

These die cast are very cool. I know you'll enjoy it. :rockon:

RUF, I built model cars too, can't remember the brand. I still have a couple, I'll have to take some pics and post them. You know what's funny? I built a '69 Camaro when I was 12. I still have that model, and I have a '69 Camaro....and I'm now 44 (birthday coming soon).

I must admit once I built a Dodge model, then I stopped liking Dodges. One 4th of July we had an idea. I'm sure you can guess the rest. Pyrotechnic Dave. :hysterical:

Dave

Oh yes, Models are F-U-N!

I made a limo out of 2 Taurus SHO models from RoboCop. Was funny but looked slick as hell!

I prefered Monogram most of the time myself. Then again AMT makes nice kits as well.

There are so many tricks you can do even to a die cast to make it more real appearing its not even funny.

Wow. Apparently, we have a bunch of closet model builders! :bandance:

That Charger is very cool - like a Big Daddy Roth T-shirt!

Yes - AMT - that's the company that made most of them back in the '60s.

I used to take coat hangers and bend them so the body would be suspended for me to do a "spray job."

My problem was having enough patience for the paint to dry before handling it!

Man - all those memories are flooding back now.

I'd spend hours and hours on the models. I'd even use strips of cotton to simulate tire smoke! :hysterical:

Back then - the models were stock cars - we had to do our own "mods" to make them unique.

I'd spend hours and hours on the models. I'd even use strips of cotton to simulate tire smoke! :hysterical:

Now you use the cotton to put in the pants of one of your relatives...per your previous posts. :hysterical:

Now normally I would not say such a thing, but YOU were joking about it earlier, so I know you are ok with it.

:party:

Dave

Scott - Your Shelby is on its way!

(Still hard to send it - it's very cool! Enjoy my friend)

Ruf

Great, It is possible I could be getting both Shelbys on the same day, that would be a hoot. The 12 year old will be fighting me on the small one though. Might let him win, don't want to be too pigish.

Thanks again Ruf

Scott

The post office guy said you ought to get it on Friday. Good luck with the real thing, too. Let us know!

Ruf, It came today, but I was at a car show at the time, what damn luck. Since it was insured, they wouldn't leave it at the house, so I have to pick it up at the post office Monday.

The car show was a ford product only show here in Tampa, close to 200 cars, 98% mustangs, they had three new GT 500s, two vista blues, one torch red, one Hertz Shelby. The wife was pretty impressed with the stories they were telling about the attention they received while on the road. Not good for me since I'm half outlaw. Some of the best looking 1970 Boss 302s I've ever seen to date. There were quite a few Ruf mobiles done with very good taste also. Every year and model were represented including most older Shelbys. Of all, the 2007 GT 500 and the old Bosses were the best looking tangs there. To say the least, I'm TANGED out for the day. LOL

Lutzcat

Hi Scott - Glad you had a good time at the show and sorry about the insured part. I just didn't want us to have any trouble!

I went to a show, too. Much - much smaller! But still fun to hang with the car peeps! I didn't win anything - but it's still fun and raises some bread for good causes.

I wish I'd been at your show. Sounds very cool.

Let me know when Shelby Jr is unpacked!

Bryan

Archived