TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Red stripe package

pony88

yes the red stripe package.

how do i go about finding production number to the 2008's and 2009's?

limited order time? im kinda new to the shelby line.

PM michael morris (that's his screen name, also). He can give you more info. Ordering time is past, you'll have to find one in stock, and that will be difficult.

I believe that pony88 is a new car salesman. He started a duplicate forum asking the same questions about the RS packages there too.

If I had to guess, I believe that he is trying to learn more about the Shelby's in order to be more informed when selling one to a customer.

If you locate his other forum you will see that he tells me that "they" just recieved a 2009 MY RS package car, and I am assuming that "they" is the dealer that he works for.

But I could be completely wrong about this...

I believe that pony88 is a new car salesman. He started a duplicate forum asking the same questions about the RS packages there too.

If I had to guess, I believe that he is trying to learn more about the Shelby's in order to be more informed when selling one to a customer.

If you locate his other forum you will see that he tells me that "they" just recieved a 2009 MY RS package car, and I am assuming that "they" is the dealer that he works for.

But I could be completely wrong about this...

Thanks SGT.

I will still give him info on RS if I can, but the 08 info is not out yet :cry:

MM

• 4 years later...

For the 2007 model year, there were 169 of these "Red Stripe Edition" coupes produced in black (ebony) and 128 produced in white for a total of 297.

Just wondering .... How can I find out what number my car is in that sequence of 169? or in that sequence of 297?

I do have the Certificate of Authenticity (came with the car) and the Deluxe Build Sheet (ordered from www.shopfordgear.com ), but neither provides this breakdown.

Also called Ford's Special Vehicle Team at 1 800 367 3788 and the guy who answered wasn't able to help.

Thanks.

For the 2007 model year, there were 169 of these "Red Stripe Edition" coupes produced in black (ebony) and 128 produced in white for a total of 297.

Just wondering .... How can I find out what number my car is in that sequence of 169? or in that sequence of 297?

I do have the Certificate of Authenticity (came with the car) and the Deluxe Build Sheet (ordered from www.shopfordgear.com ), but neither provides this breakdown.

Also called Ford's Special Vehicle Team at 1 800 367 3788 and the guy who answered wasn't able to help.

Thanks.

Along with the Certificate and the Build Sheet I received a letter from Ford. I've kept that letter and in there it explains that mine is No. 51 of 169 of Red Appearance Package in Ebony for the 2007 MY. I don't know if you can retroactively have SVT generate that letter but I think that's the first place I'd try.

In a pinch, it is possible to convert another GT500 to have the red stipes, red-badging, doors (if yours is not already black w/red) and floor mats to red appearance package-like. I did that with my '08 because I wanted a Coupe, you could only get the RAP on Verts in '08, and I was not sure (at the time) what would be available with the 09's. I had all the above done (accept the doors...too expensive) as a condition of the sale. Mine came in w/white stripes and everything else has a part number, so had it all be a "dealer installed accessory" (thought they had to find a good Custom shop to do it) as a part of the sale.

They day I brought it home -

The day I brought it home. Yup, white stripes

After -

Brand new red stripes, wash, wax and perfect sunny day

You bought this car used I take it. I don't suppose the "Window Sticker" came with it did it? If not, there are some people around here who can help but unfortunately I'm not one of them. This is not fool-proof but the RAP came with unique floor mats and a car cover. Sadly, the floor mats could be purchased at a dealership and the car cover was available at an additional charge to other GT500 owners so that's not a dead ringer. I think this will have to be verified via the VIN.

Based on what I was told when I was shopping around for my Shelby, the only way to get red stripes (from the factory, as opposed to post-purchase like I did) was to buy the full red appearance package. Another good check is to look a all the badging (the snakes on the sites, grill and fake gas cap that says GT500 on the back). The RAP came with badging that had a red background (as opposed to the black background on non-RAP cars).

Archived