TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anderson Powerpipe Installed

I installed this Powerpipe from Anderson Ford in Clinton Il. Its HUGE!!! It went right on and looks alot better than the elbow. It comes with a valve cover breather and the stock hose goes in the corner of the garage with the old elbow. Now with a tune, powerpipe and Bassani mufflers, she puts down 289hp and 306tq at the wheels. :happy feet: I am starting to think she is a loose motor from the factory. I dynoed her before and got 271hp at the wheels. So this really explains why she was quick at the track when stock.

Heres the pics.

DSC01377.jpg

DSC01378.jpg

Wow, that is big - sure can't be any restrictions with that one!

So, how does this work, did you Anderson tune first revert your computer back to the original GT tune, and then change it to the Anderson tune?

I installed this Powerpipe from Anderson Ford in Clinton Il. Its HUGE!!! It went right on and looks alot better than the elbow. It comes with a valve cover breather and the stock hose goes in the corner of the garage with the old elbow. Now with a tune, powerpipe and Bassani mufflers, she puts down 289hp and 306tq at the wheels. :happy feet: I am starting to think she is a loose motor from the factory. I dynoed her before and got 271hp at the wheels. So this really explains why she was quick at the track when stock.

Heres the pics.

DSC01377.jpg

DSC01378.jpg

did you have to do any retuning with the new CAI?

A tune is not needed with the pipe. I just wanted a tune because the Ford tune is weak. Its like a different car now. Even if the pipe adds zero HP its just better looking than the stock piece.

You just bought the PP from Anderson and a seperate tune? I asked because I've heard they are a good shop for tuning and they're in IL so that appeals to me. Do you know anyone that's had their Programable Engine Management System (PMS) done to their car?

Dave

I have had PMS on my 93 Cobra and it went from 370hp to 507hp with the PMS. Before the PMS the car ran rough and PIG rich. Granted it was on 1993 vehicle but it worked real well. That car ran well into the 11's back in 1999.

The pipe diameter does not change the airflow enough to need a tune. The mass air size and airflow dictate a tune. We do NOT need atune with Steeda's or Anderson's elbow. I dont know enough about C+L to verify.

The Anderson sticker can come off but it stays. LOL

I have had PMS on my 93 Cobra and it went from 370hp to 507hp with the PMS. Before the PMS the car ran rough and PIG rich. Granted it was on 1993 vehicle but it worked real well. That car ran well into the 11's back in 1999.

The pipe diameter does not change the airflow enough to need a tune. The mass air size and airflow dictate a tune. We do NOT need atune with Steeda's or Anderson's elbow. I dont know enough about C+L to verify.

The Anderson sticker can come off but it stays. LOL

Hmmmm yeah i'm still not sure...

Note: Will work with FRPP intakes but will require retuning if using FRPP's tune with one of our SCT tuners. Shelby GT and GT-H cars are equipped with FRPP intakes. Will require retune with SCT tuner for these vehicles.

Hmmmm yeah i'm still not sure...

Note: Will work with FRPP intakes but will require retuning if using FRPP's tune with one of our SCT tuners. Shelby GT and GT-H cars are equipped with FRPP intakes. Will require retune with SCT tuner for these vehicles.

HORSYBYT,

If you do a search on the forum for Steeda or other CAI elbows the consensus was you don't need a retune. I have the Steeda elbow and no retune and the car runs great. You can get a retune to squeeze out a few more horses but it is not required for just switching the elbow.

Dave

I did the tune and Powerpipe together. The tune is not from Anderson but from MRT in Michigan. He tuned my 2004 Mach1 and did the same on the Shelby. The link is here,

http://www.andersonfordmotorsport.com/

The car is always detailed even though it is driven alot.

Steve, the power pipe looks great but if I am reading the dyno chart correctly it peaks early, about 4300, then drops off dramatically, below stock all the way past 6,000 rpm.

Steve, the power pipe looks great but if I am reading the dyno chart correctly it peaks early, about 4300, then drops off dramatically, below stock all the way past 6,000 rpm.

youre reading it wrong the N/A 4.6 with the 90 mm frpp maf makes 290 peak on there dyno and with the elbow it makes 296 both around 5800 and no sign of droping off. what you are likely looking at is the HP and torque lines crossing the real peaky lines are the torque and the smooth ramped lines are the HP blue being stock/before elbow and red being after. i hope that helps a little.

Archived