TEAM SHELBY FORUM

new transmission

frydguy79

i have my car in the shop to get the tsb done and when we tore it down we found some bearing wear on a couple of bearings, and we tried to order them and they are on national backorder, so ford is sending out a new trany for my car

so i am sure it will be monday or so before it gets in.

mine was the newer trany 8175

i had thought it was making more noise than it should have :headscratch: so hopefully the new one has all of the newer updates done to it.

i have my car in the shop to get the tsb done and when we tore it down we found some bearing wear on a couple of bearings, and we tried to order them and they are on national backorder, so ford is sending out a new trany for my car

so i am sure it will be monday or so before it gets in.

mine was the newer trany 8175

i had thought it was making more noise than it should have :headscratch: so hopefully the new one has all of the newer updates done to it.

The TUET8175 tranny that Ford has ordered for your car has exactly the same parts as the current TUET8175 tranny that is in your car now. No updates to the TUET8175 have been made.

The problems with your clutch and flywheel toasted your tranny.

The TUET8175 tranny that Ford has ordered for your car has exactly the same parts as the current TUET8175 tranny that is in your car now. No updates to the TUET8175 have been made.

The problems with your clutch and flywheel toasted your tranny.

grabber this is getting crazy- my dealer did the tsb and replaced 2nd gear- was my tranny toasted ?how do they decide when and who gets a tranny- new tranny would be the best but not all of us are offered or have any choice- in my mind if the tranny fails after they have approved it in the tsb work we should be ok- it is a pain and the dealer I have has no customer in the shop period- if you do not like it take it somewhere else- all I have is paperwork and the word of a good dealer but it would have been nice to see the old parts- rs

yep we are doing the whole shebang

the clutch and flywheel are in already, while waiting for the trany

now i gotta get him to get back on it :finger:

i am debating on wheather to keep my core like you did :headscratch::headscratch:

i helped to tear my old one down and to put it back together so later on i could rebuild it myself :headscratch:

Archived