TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT 500 Dash Plates

Speedo24

I was thinking WHY DO THE SHELBY GT 500'S PRODUCED IN MICHIGAN NOT HAVE A SHELBY Dash PLATE (STICKER) AS THE GT-H AND SHELBY GT.

I do realize our cars didnt go to the Shelby shop in Vegas, but our cars were built by Ford WITH the SHELBY NAME, just as they did in 1968 (well almost).

I just seen a post of an Autographed Dash Plate that was sent to Shelby, I was going to do this to, but after seeing his upside down, I'm not sure if I want to go that route! Mainly because the Magic Marker doesnt look as good as I thought it would., or at least in the picture, might look a whole lot better from the cockpit! (Instead of having him sign the original, I think will buy a second plate and have it signed. for a total cost of.......... list on the Dash Plate $258 + $200 fee to the Shelby foundation + shipping) thats $500 for an autographed dash plate...not a bad deal at all.

But there IS A OPPORTUNITY FOR FORD OR SHELBY TO MAKE SOME SERIOUS CASH!!!!!

BY MAKING 9000 DASH PLATES FOR OUR GT500's, And these will be GUARANTEED SALES FROM ALL OWNERS, HECK WERE PAYING $500 NOW, AND IT DOESNT LOOK AS GOOD AS THE DASH STICKER, IN MY OPINION anyway!

These could be SERIALIZED TO VIN # OR NUMERICALLY, we just want our ID TAG Ford and Shelby! They had one back in the day...And We deserve ours! We all paid 44k plus ADM for these cars, now we will pay $500 for our tags IF WE HAVE TO!

At $500 x 9000 owners =THATS 4.5 million $$$$$$$$..... for some cheap stickers that would cost UNDER 5 DO0LLARS EACH to produce.

Thats big profit, Ford ...Shelby.............

Oh Yeah......

I will buy mine, but cut me in on the profit sharing huh?

Brian

I was thinking WHY DO THE SHELBY GT 500'S PRODUCED IN MICHIGAN NOT HAVE A SHELBY Dash PLATE (STICKER) AS THE GT-H AND SHELBY GT.

I do realize our cars didnt go to the Shelby shop in Vegas, but our cars were built by Ford WITH the SHELBY NAME, just as they did in 1968 (well almost).

I just seen a post of an Autographed Dash Plate that was sent to Shelby, I was going to do this to, but after seeing his upside down, I'm not sure if I want to go that route! Mainly because the Magic Marker doesnt look as good as I thought it would., or at least in the picture, might look a whole lot better from the cockpit! (Instead of having him sign the original, I think will buy a second plate and have it signed. for a total cost of.......... list on the Dash Plate $258 + $200 fee to the Shelby foundation + shipping) thats $500 for an autographed dash plate...not a bad deal at all.

BY MAKING 9000 DASH PLATES FOR OUR GT500's, And these will be GUARANTEED SALES FROM ALL OWNERS, HECK WERE PAYING $500 NOW, AND IT DOESNT LOOK AS GOOD AS THE DASH STICKER, IN MY OPINION anyway!

These could be SERIALIZED TO VIN # OR NUMERICALLY, we just want our ID TAG Ford and Shelby! They had one back in the day...And We deserve ours! We all paid 44k plus ADM for these cars, now we will pay $500 for our tags IF WE HAVE TO!

At $500 x 9000 owners =THATS 4.5 million $$$$$$$$..... for some cheap stickers that would cost UNDER 5 DO0LLARS EACH to produce.

Oh Yeah......

Brian

A little pricey but I would be in!

Oh Yeah......

Brian

don't forget about the one under the hood.

possibly door jam too??

I won't give $500. for a plaque that Ford has a couple of bucks in. Carroll Shelby Childrens Foundation has hinted that they may produce them for us and I would expect they will charge the normal $200 autograph fee. Best part is, that money would go to charity.

I really dont want to pay $500 bucks either, but that's what I'm going to have to do for the autographed dash plate if I want it right now. I would really prefer the badge or decal anyway, and I didn't know the foundation had hinted of making them up, do you remember where you seen that?

I really dont want to pay $500 bucks either, but that's what I'm going to have to do for the autographed dash plate if I want it right now. I would really prefer the badge or decal anyway, and I didn't know the foundation had hinted of making them up, do you remember where you seen that?

I wouldn't pay $500! I got 2 decals...with my vin for $20 on Ebay. I put the signature portion on the dash and the remainder in the door jam. Everyone that see's it thinks the car was signed.

In case anyone is interested...the seller was Scott and his email is scott700@gvtc.com

post-17-1160002386_thumb.jpg

post-17-1160002402_thumb.jpg

post-17-1160002386_thumb.jpg

post-17-1160002402_thumb.jpg

I was at the Shelby plant in Vegas two weeks ago, they give free tours every day at 10:30AM, they sell the unsigned plates there, you can buy them.

They did not have any for the GT500 but when I asked the guy working there about a plate for the GT500 he told me thta thye were currently working on the design for one as we spoke - He told me to watch the shelby website for one coming out.

We may see one soon.

They are metal plates (2"x4" aprox.) with all of the cars info on them. I'm keeping my eye out for this over a signed pc. of dashboard.

I'm really not sure why anyone's getting bent about this? To begin with it doesn't cost $500 to get Carroll's autograph, only $200 donated to charity. The other cost is simply because we don't wish to have dash boards laid open or missing glove box doors for a month waiting for their return; or some (like myself) wish to have one ready to install during the PDI process. Secondly, the 60's Shelby's did not all come with "autographed plaques". They did have badging and name plates. But through the years owners have asked Mr. Shelby to "sign" their cars. As for the stickers off the internet, that's not what I myself am personally interested in. I admire the life, career, and impact Mr. Shelby has had on the industry; and having his personal, hand-written signature on my car will be special to ME (not to anyone that I might try to impress with it). Not trying to offend anyone; just wish to clarify MY motives in buying an expensive "spare" part. Maybe it will help put something in perspective for others.

ps. My original dash panel will be for sale, cheap, when the signed one is installed....oh yeah...when the car's finally delivered....hopefully....this month...PSDS...So, someone else will be able to do this for less $ than me.

why not pass along your old dash panel?

When one gets signed and installed, there is an extra original left over. Why not ship it to a friend and he can do the same with his and so on and so on. Do not charge for this, and pay your own shipping. I think everyone would be happy. Yes it may take along time too. But hey... a $200(ish) for a peice of plastic?...come on

why not pass along your old dash panel?

When one get signed and installed, there is an extra original left over. Why not ship it to a friend and he can do the same with his and so on and so on. Do not charge for this, and pay your own shipping. I think everyone would be happy. Yes it may take along time too. But hey... a $200(ish) for a peice of plastic?...come on

Winter is coming and I sure won't be driving the Shelby, perfect time to send the dash piece off to CS for signing. I am curious about the plaque that people are saying SA might sell for the 500, wouldn't this fit on the piece we are sending for signature? Hate to spend 200 dollars if the signature is going to be covered anyway.

Winter is coming and I sure won't be driving the Shelby, perfect time to send the dash piece off to CS for signing. I am curious about the plaque that people are saying SA might sell for the 500, wouldn't this fit on the piece we are sending for signature? Hate to spend 200 dollars if the signature is going to be covered anyway.

Thats my point exactly - be patient wait for the plate, its coming - then mount it whever your heart desires.

Thats my point exactly - be patient wait for the plate, its coming - then mount it whever your heart desires.

Guys, why buy something that is fake for your Shelby? Shelbyautos will have a plate for the Gt500's. We will be showing it either at SEMA or right after on our site. We also have a package for the Gt500 at SEMA.

Also, Carroll will sign anything you send him for a 200.00 donation to his chrildrens foundation. This foundation does wonderfull work with kids who needs transplants.

Amy

Guys, why buy something that is fake for your Shelby? Shelbyautos will have a plate for the Gt500's. We will be showing it either at SEMA or right after on our site. We also have a package for the Gt500 at SEMA.

Also, Carroll will sign anything you send him for a 200.00 donation to his chrildrens foundation. This foundation does wonderfull work with kids who needs transplants.

Amy

Amy,

Can you provide any information on the package for the GT500 you will be showing at SEMA. I will be at SEMA this year and will make it a point to look for it.

My Shelby GT500 should arrive right before SEMA!

Richard

Amy,

Can you provide any information on the package for the GT500 you will be showing at SEMA. I will be at SEMA this year and will make it a point to look for it.

My Shelby GT500 should arrive right before SEMA!

Richard

hi Richard, that was fast....lol

I can not, but it is cool. There will be a package and there will be separate parts available. We will do the same for the Shelby GT, although we are not ready to show those yet. We also will have a car in the American racing Booth....

Amy

I can not, but it is cool. There will be a package and there will be separate parts available. We will do the same for the Shelby GT, although we are not ready to show those yet. We also will have a car in the American racing Booth....

Amy

WOW! Thanks Amy. Will this package be available to those of us that can't make it to SEMA???

Thanks,

Scott

Thanks, AmyB. I didnt know you monitired this site. I was real excited when I seen you had a respone. But I sent an email to Shelby Autos to, and check the forum there from time to time to.

Thanks for the quick response, and the advance info! Now I know I will need to wait till after Sema, to decide what to have signed, I'm excited about SEMA now,and cant wait to see what Shelby has up their sleeve for the GT500, I think I will wait on all of my aftermarket decisions till then, scoops exhaust etc...

Thanks AmyB

Brian

Amy

Amy,

I will definately be stopping by the American Racing booth now, thanks for the heads up. I also plan on stopping by Shelby American for a tour while I am in Las Vegas. I got word that my Shelby was manufactured today!

Richard

WOW! Thanks Amy. Will this package be available to those of us that can't make it to SEMA???

Thanks,

Scott

hi Scott, we are only showing stuff at the ford booth, it will be available to all who own a gt500...

Amy

hi Scott, we are only showing stuff at the ford booth, it will be available to all who own a gt500...

Amy

Hey Amy

Not that it makes any difference but what was the reasoning for not providing this on the cars when purchased? Also when can the GT500s be signed into the Shelby Registry?

Amy

Hi Amy, thank you for your information and Shelby NA's interest in the GT500's owners wants and desires... I had the great please of visiting your facility last February and highly recommend anyone who can get to the Vegas area to take advantage of your hospitality.

As many have posted, any information you can provide on how and when we can get the information would be greatly appreciated. I was at the Sema show last year and had the great pleasure of being at the Ford party and see Carroll himself... definitely a lifelong highlight.. I look forward to being able to donate to a very worthwhile charity and have Carroll's signature and recognition on my 500.

Thanks again,

Bert.

Archived