TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Super Snake 08SS0091 For Sale in Calgary, AB

bchorney

I would probably have to sell the SS for that. Remember its the FIRST 725HP EVER DELIVERED!!!! Dont know if it makes it worth more now, but in 100 years it might!

MM

Forgot to ask. Are you offering???

Micheal, I think you would be nuts to sell your SS. It is #1 off the line to the public. It sure would be nice to keep in the family.

I took the family down to the track to watch me do a couple passes last night and the boys might have caught a bit of the HP bug. I may end up having to get 3 if my boys each expect one handed down!!!! Oh the sacrifices!!! But not at $150K each. I'm going with patience and one at a time.

Ok, to my Canadian brothers: My SS is for sale at the numbers we are talking about. I would not go out and buy a KR as I don't feel they are even worth MSRP. So, PM me and we can talk. Hell, I will drive to Canada and deliver it myself. So, all you hosers PM me. Take off, eh?

OK so riddle me this, why a KR over a SS? The SS has more HP, both beefed up by Shelby and only 1000 of each made I believe. I must admit I don't know what a KR-8 is, but it sounds cool!

Craig

The KR is better engineered by Ford then the SS. Yes the SS has more hp buts it not all about more hp. The KR has a better hood design, different suspension, exhaust system, 18" wheel different F1 compound tires, and better looking headrests :hysterical:. As of today only 1000-08 KR's and 571-09 KR's. Ford may decide to more KR's. With the SS you have 1000-07's, 1000-08's and I'm not sure how many SAI has limited the 09's to?

Nice write up on the KR

http://www.mustang50magazine.com/featuredv...00kr/index.html

http://jalopnik.com/398666/2008-shelby-gt5...han-ford-claims

http://www.thechromepony.com/News-06-13-08.html-KR tires

The KR is better engineered by Ford then the SS. Yes the SS has more hp buts it not all about more hp. The KR has a better hood design, different suspension, exhaust system, 18" wheel different F1 compound tires, and better looking headrests :hysterical:. As of today only 1000-08 KR's and 571-09 KR's. Ford may decide to more KR's. With the SS you have 1000-07's, 1000-08's and I'm not sure how many SAI has limited the 09's to?

Nice write up on the KR

http://www.mustang50magazine.com/featuredv...00kr/index.html

http://jalopnik.com/398666/2008-shelby-gt5...han-ford-claims

http://www.thechromepony.com/News-06-13-08.html-KR tires

Ahhhhh I see. I always thought they were pretty close to the same.

Ok, to my Canadian brothers: My SS is for sale at the numbers we are talking about. I would not go out and buy a KR as I don't feel they are even worth MSRP. So, PM me and we can talk. Hell, I will drive to Canada and deliver it myself. So, all you hosers PM me. Take off, eh?

I doubt any members of this forum would pay that kind of money for an SS. There's just too much info here, including leads to cheaper vehicles, such as on eBay. I suppose if someone had the money, didn't want to wait, didn't trust eBay, etc. he may buy from a dealer, but more likely it's someone who got limited information elsewhere, and wanted it now, without the fuss and bother that people like me have gone through.

What is interesting, besides just the price, is something that another 40th owner in Calgary brought up: if it does actually sell for this, then that dealer may be able to provide appraisals for our cars, based on an actual selling price, that we can give to our insurance companies. I guess the downside would be that rates might go up too, but it's something to think about.

And Alexandros, if your Bentley dude wants a black SS convertible, I'll send you my contact information...

These cars are extremely rare in Canada.....I was stopped by a guy in a Bentley and was offered 150.000 canadian...I told him sorry but not for sale.... :shift:

Alex, I just had a thought. Why not see if you can find Mr. Bentley, and get him in touch with 06FordGT:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...mp;#entry533705

Maybe he's interested in a red Vert SS, and you'd be helping out a fellow member here. I'm pretty sure that these 2 could strike a deal... :happy feet:

According to Ed Rayner, the Used Car Manager at Universal, the car is now sold, and is gone from the dealership. He wouldn't disclose the sale price, yet offered to try to find one for me if I was interested. He wouldn't provide a letter of appraisal on my cars, as "they don't do that." I explained that it would be needed to get replacement value insurance on the car, and he told me that the amount I put in to the car was replacement value. He just wasn't getting the concept that if my car gets stolen or written off, and there's no more SS or 40th packages left to order, replacement value is what it would cost me to find another existing car and buy it.

The most I could get out of him was it sold "up in that area." Frustrating call...

According to Ed Rayner, the Used Car Manager at Universal, the car is now sold, and is gone from the dealership. He wouldn't disclose the sale price, yet offered to try to find one for me if I was interested. He wouldn't provide a letter of appraisal on my cars, as "they don't do that." I explained that it would be needed to get replacement value insurance on the car, and he told me that the amount I put in to the car was replacement value. He just wasn't getting the concept that if my car gets stolen or written off, and there's no more SS or 40th packages left to order, replacement value is what it would cost me to find another existing car and buy it.

The most I could get out of him was it sold "up in that area." Frustrating call...

Well to sell that fast, someone really didn't want to wait and probably paid dearly to have it now. Even in slower times there is money hanging around. There is also the Canadian factor where some people just don't want to do all the work of shipping the car back and forth. I hope he sells more of them. :happy feet:

Al

Wouldn't that just be the starting point in a negotiation? I would have talked to him a little more...

I am not selling mine...my son loves this car and I promised him the SS...As for the Bentely guy we were stopped at a red light and told me to pull over and then we talked about cars.....if I ever see him again I'll ask him for more info on what he is exactly looking for......

• 2 weeks later...

Man all you Canadian boys chatting about SS's make's me wish that i would get the call soon. I got the letter in spring with the csm# but i am going nuts wondering if they will ever call or email me. Good things come to those who wait i guess.

Man all you Canadian boys chatting about SS's make's me wish that i would get the call soon. I got the letter in spring with the csm# but i am going nuts wondering if they will ever call or email me. Good things come to those who wait i guess.

Just got home tonight, with the black vert. And there's SNOW in my yard!

Arrival thread to start soon, with pics and maybe a story or two. The SS and 40th look good in the garage together - oops, sorry.. :poke:

Arrival thread to start soon, with pics and maybe a story or two. The SS and 40th look good in the garage together - oops, sorry.. :poke:

LOL!!!!! :cry:

Ralph - now that is just being mean for us that have yet to get the call!!!! Did you get a winter car yet!!! I can't wait to see the new car ....or at least some pics. Congratulations!!!! Mine is getting ready to be stored. A few more days of driving.

Cheers

Brett

Ralph - now that is just being mean for us that have yet to get the call!!!! Did you get a winter car yet!!! I can't wait to see the new car ....or at least some pics. Congratulations!!!! Mine is getting ready to be stored. A few more days of driving.

Cheers

Brett

I know, but I couldn't resist. I need to be smacked around :finger::finger::finger:

Still looking for a daily driver. I checked out a '97 Ranger yesterday... heavy sigh...

The Snake is in for an oil change today, then I'll be taking it home to wash off the road trip crap. I'll be posting pics this weekend, but give me a call and come on over. It looks better in person...

I know, but I couldn't resist. I need to be smacked around :finger::finger::finger:

Still looking for a daily driver. I checked out a '97 Ranger yesterday... heavy sigh...

The Snake is in for an oil change today, then I'll be taking it home to wash off the road trip crap. I'll be posting pics this weekend, but give me a call and come on over. It looks better in person...

Ranger eh!! Bummer! :hysterical:

Can't wait to see the Snake! :drool: Won't be this weekend though. I am going up to Edmonton for the Oilers - Flames game tomorrow night. I'll give you a shout when I find some time to make to hike over!

Cheers

Brett

Archived