TEAM SHELBY FORUM

More EXPOSED GT500

diamondback

Shelby is across the trunk now, SVT added onto the Rear Badge, Cobra badge is on the left side of the grille, looks like there is adjustable headrests now, Antenna on the rear Quarter, and GT500 on the dash. There is a shot of all three Mustang, GT, and GT500 driving down the road where you can see all 3 different front ends.

Check out the Picks.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/gallery/show...17671&c=286

Looks like there is the Sync system in it now. That is one thing I wanted in mine but I am a Techno geek what do you expect.

Looks like it has one more thing I wanted which is ambient temp gauge in the display. I dont like the interior design as well as ours. No Shelby badging in the interior!?

What is the deal with the big rectangle drop down on the top dash, in the middle of the dash? Pop up Nav system???

Also a MAJOR thing that its missing unless I am just not seeing it on all the different angled pics is the Mustang defining trademark side swoop/scoop body line. WHAT THE !@#$? If it is not there they probaly couldnt make it work with the new hip body line without a major redisgn.

A step in the wrong direction if you ask me... :headscratch:

Dont like it at all. If I wanted a 2004, I would just go out and buy one of those...

How can you go up from perfection???

All in all, I like it I dont hate it and dont love it but it is a step down from the current design. The rear end I dont like, the rims are a wash, I like the new side stripe design, the front bumper is a wash, the headlight design I dont care for(they should of stuck with the base mustang design on that one and not wrap them further into the fender), the grille portion of the front end I like, the hood I hate, the interior I dont like as much, and the hip I am still unsure about need to see that one naked.

Hmmm... I'm a little unsure about it, as the aggression seems quite toned down from the current design. But, I will reserve final judgement until it has been fully revealed.

I am disappointed however to see they're continuing the GT500.

Good find, and thanks for posting.

Things I don't like:

No center console armrest that I could see

Center dash w/square vents

Front nose looks like a Dodge Durango. The center grille is jetting out too forward

Rear 1/4 panel going into the rear bumper from the side. Looks like an Altima.

Rims

Things I like:

Stereo controls in the steering wheel

Rear mounted antenna

Headlight assembly w/directional lenses (on Mustang GT ONLY)

Shelby lettering across the decklid

The Shelby badge on the front grille is actually on the right side of the car, not the left side where ours are.

As far as continuing the GT500, the GT350 had a 6 year run back in the day with each year being recognized in a separate category. I don't see a problem.

ps: I'm glad I got mine when I did.

With all the hoopla about the 2010, even from some members here, not sure why. Bottom line, they made the car look softer, less aggressive, and worse yet it looks like a Probe! The narrowed down front and rear, that is my first impression. The inside reminds me of the older Camero interior? WTF? Bottom line, they had to do something, although I do like the rear antenna, give them that, but in this day and age it still pisses me off they even have one, just a pain.

although I do like the rear antenna, give them that, but in this day and age it still pisses me off they even have one, just a pain.

i agree,jee wiz my 1970 chevelle has the dam antenna inbedded in the front windshield and its 38 years ago they did that,ford could of done that too.

also i hate the prop rod for the hood,the trunk has the struts but the hood does not.kind of cheap on fords part.

i installed a short stubby antenna and the MRT struts for my hood,i just could not live with either.

What about power, tech stuff is nice but this is a performance car where HP is KING. Will the '10s be coming to market with a TVS and more guts?

maybe the 2010 gt 500 will come down in power to be more like the challenger and camaro's 425 hp. :hysterical::cry: imagine :lurk:

I can predict the arguments forty years from now.

"The 2010 isn't a REAL Shelby, they quit making them in '09."

I was talking to a mustang expert who said that the 07-09 are not real shelbys. He has changed his tune but now said any Shelby made after he passes can't be a real shelby since he is gone.

I wonder if those mirrors would fit on our 07-09 cars? Thats the only thing I like..and the rims...

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I bet they will fit! I'm anxious to see one in person to see if I still like them as much, but it looks an excellent upgrade opportunity.

Archived