TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Nice! matching # 06 & 07 on ebay

JeffJ

Wow, here you can buy matching number coupe and convert together. Wonder if they do sell them together and how much they'll get. I'm sure they will not hit their reserve on e-bay.

Ebay link

Jeff did you notice the dash plaques? Metal verses decal as it relates to 7 & 6 digits.

Jeff did you notice the dash plaques? Metal verses decal as it relates to 7 & 6 digits.

Yep, sure did. One of the first thing's I noticed. So the 06 has already been registered by somebody since it has the plate in place. Still a mystery why they changed the stickers to 6 digits at car #101. It also looks like the 07's are consistant 6 digit from sticker to plate. I imagine since they knew that they were only going to do 500. I'm guessing that at the begining of 06, they thought that they may do more than 1000?

• 1 month later...

hey guys,

i am flying to florida this weekend to pick those cars up. i sold my gt-500. got a friend that works for american geting two first-class tickets $100. each. then my wife and i will be driving back to oklahoma. i am pumped cannot wait. will try to get pics when i get home. i taked tom the first owner of the coupe. he traded it to match up his coupe w/ a convertible. story goes.

2 first class tickets to florida $100.

2 shelby gt-h dream cars $

driving half way across america w/o having to listen to wife tell you to slow down! priceless

gene

hey guys,

i am flying to florida this weekend to pick those cars up. i sold my gt-500. got a friend that works for american geting two first-class tickets $100. each. then my wife and i will be driving back to oklahoma. i am pumped cannot wait. will try to get pics when i get home. i taked tom the first owner of the coupe. he traded it to match up his coupe w/ a convertible. story goes.

driving half way across america w/o having to listen to wife tell you to slow down! priceless

gene

Get some walkie talkies. Driving half way across America and having to tell the wife to speed up! Priceless!

Way cool! Can't wait to see the pictures with the happy new owners! I actually found #102 convert at a dealership in New York a few months ago, but I couldn't swing it right now with my garage under construction. Hopefully I'll find it again in the future.

hey guys,

gene

Great story Gene. Hope you and the wife can make it to the Shelby Bash in January with both of them.

Steve

• 1 month later...

hey all,

have not forgotten. just got wraped up in the christmas season. have few pic's. hope to get them posted soon. along w/ new pic's of wheels and tires for the 07. interesting story to go along w/ that. answered a post on the shelby gt board in reference to wheels and tires for sale. got a pm from the owner of 08 cs# 235 stated that he just got new wheels and tires for his shelby gt and he would go ahead and part the one's that came stock. so we made a deal and now i will have matching wheels and tires for the 06 and 07- 18" polished cannot wait to get them put on. will get pic's soon.

hey all,

have not forgotten. just got wraped up in the christmas season. have few pic's. hope to get them posted soon. along w/ new pic's of wheels and tires for the 07. interesting story to go along w/ that. answered a post on the shelby gt board in reference to wheels and tires for sale. got a pm from the owner of 08 cs# 235 stated that he just got new wheels and tires for his shelby gt and he would go ahead and part the one's that came stock. so we made a deal and now i will have matching wheels and tires for the 06 and 07- 18" polished cannot wait to get them put on. will get pic's soon.

I'm looking forward to seeing pictures. I'm very envious of the macthing number Hertz cars...nice!

• 10 months later...

Archived