TEAM SHELBY FORUM

add some old to the new on the Shelby GT

:rockon: Hey all!! I just got another treasure off of ebay!! :drool: These are roof rail emblems which are vintage in mint condition. Believe me , they both had the original unused backing which i had to remove because of the deterioration of tape. Anyways im stoked on these because i want to add some Shelby heritage to go along with its new Shelby heritage. Before i make any final decision, i wanted to ask a for your opinion on a few places i think these will look great. Keep in mind i just took the pics about a half an hour ago and didnt do any measuring or anything , so if they are crooked, please dont comment on that, because its all the same emblem. Originally i had bought these to go on the doors, but these happen to look great everywhere i put them. Nothing is permanant at this point , so let yourself be heard!! But they are going on!!!

shelbyemblem001.jpg

shelbyemblem004.jpg

shelbyemblem005.jpg

shelbyemblem003.jpg

Thanks for your help in advance !!

Ryan

I dont think mine were re-popped though, its pretty heavy metal and the pins were cut to make a flat surface. The tape had to be at least 25 to 30 yrs old to detiorate like it did.

I bought mine at Valley Ford Parts Co. Springville CA.

Well if they are repopped they still look cooler than hell!!

shelbyemblem006.jpg

EVERYWHERE !!!!!

Remember you did ask!

I'm the "less is more" kind of guy. If there is already "Shelby" within view I just don't see the purpose! Your dash picture, I mean 2" from the "Shelby" on the plaque? On the pillar or next to the PBF badge above the "Shelby" tape stripe? The same thing drives me mad with the "Shelby" tail light cover that places "Shelby" 2" above the "Shelby" trunk letters! Oh, and don't forget to get the "Shelby" license plate frame that can sit below that.

While I am proud of the name but it begins to loose the impact when it's just pasted or stuck on every little thing in the car.

IMHO!

Remember you did ask!

I'm the "less is more" kind of guy. If there is already "Shelby" within view I just don't see the purpose! Your dash picture, I mean 2" from the "Shelby" on the plaque? On the pillar or next to the PBF badge above the "Shelby" tape stripe? The same thing drives me mad with the "Shelby" tail light cover that places "Shelby" 2" above the "Shelby" trunk letters! Oh, and don't forget to get the "Shelby" license plate frame that can sit below that.

While I am proud of the name but it begins to loose the impact when it's just pasted or stuck on every little thing in the car.

IMHO!

lol dont look at the appolstry of an 89 shelby csx or dakota

Remember you did ask!

IMHO!

I totally agree!! If and when i add something ,it needs to be tastefully done. I like to showcase the performance look without overdoing it. But the thing i like about these emblems are they are subtle and historical and deserve to own a place on this Shelby. We learned and got to know Shelby by the performances and vehicles of the past. Therfore this emblem is appropriate for this application.

The pics posted were brainstorm pics and with about 3 seconds of thought with 2 shelby emblems, believe me it wouldnt happen. :headscratch:

Ideally once i get an idea in my head it is permanant, and i intentionally bought these emblems to go on the door. I like the idea and the flow and eyecatching visual impact of the emblem on the door panel.

exact position has not yet been determined , however im heavily leaning toward the pic posted.

shelbyemblem004.jpg

stay tuned............

:rockon: Hey all!! I just got another treasure off of ebay!! :drool: These are roof rail emblems which are vintage in mint condition. Believe me , they both had the original unused backing which i had to remove because of the deterioration of tape. Anyways im stoked on these because i want to add some Shelby heritage to go along with its new Shelby heritage. Before i make any final decision, i wanted to ask a for your opinion on a few places i think these will look great. Keep in mind i just took the pics about a half an hour ago and didnt do any measuring or anything , so if they are crooked, please dont comment on that, because its all the same emblem. Originally i had bought these to go on the doors, but these happen to look great everywhere i put them. Nothing is permanant at this point , so let yourself be heard!! But they are going on!!!

shelbyemblem005.jpg

Thanks for your help in advance !!

Ryan

Where do you get the red power port "EJECT" button? That is too cool!!!

Where do you get the red power port "EJECT" button? That is too cool!!!

After going through my records ,i found some info for you.

Unfortunately my receipt has no website printed on it, however here is their info:

MGW LTD

4159 Mike Padgett HWY

Augusta,GA 30906

phone 706-793-1770

FAX 706-790-0981

Item no. 05MS003

Description 2005+ Power Outlet plug-CH/EJEC

Price $23.00

shipping $9.00

Total $32.00

That is all the info i have on this item. Good Luck, they are superb quality also.

Ryan

How bout here?? :happy feet: :drool: :happy feet:

shelbygirl.jpg

Sorry, but in my opinion that location is complete BS and it looks like crap too. But maybe you should show us what it would look like without it so we can make an informed decision one way or the other. :hysterical:

Sorry, but in my opinion that location is complete BS and it looks like crap too. But maybe you should show us what it would look like without it so we can make an informed decision one way or the other. :hysterical:

Lmao..I think I'd get kicked off the site if I did. You'll just have to use your imagination. :spiteful:

thanks, man! here's the quick version...

- destriped

- gt hood

- matte super strip (hood only)

- painted grill & added shelby cobra

- a47 mirrors

- shr louvers

- hurst t-handle

- 35% tint

- paxton 2200sl h.o.

Paul,

I read your thread on TMS too. What Shelby Cobra emblem did you add to the grill?

(edit)

- 4 1/4" 07-09 GT 500 Cobra with mounting hardware? If so, is it compatible with the billet grill?

- the 4 1/4" 07-09 GT 500 adhesive Cobra emblem for the left fender?

- the smaller Shelby 2 3/4" adhesive Cobra emblem?

- the Scott Drake 69-70 Shelby GT 350/500 Cobra for the grill with mounting hardware?

- the Scott Drake 69-70 adhesive Shelby GT 350/500 Cobra for the quarter panel?

- other or custom?

How did you affix the emblem and did you have to grind it down if you used the larger new or vintage emblems? I thought the smaller adhesive Cobras might be too small for the grill or the matching black "SHELBY" emblem below the snake (would look too large) mentioned in this thread. Did you affix the SHELBY emblem below the Cobra?

I ask because I cannot see the photos because most photosharing and blog websites are blocked from my location in Iraq.

I have thought about replacing the Pony with a Cobra but only if I could find a suitable horn cap or medallion and only if all would be easily reversible.

Thanks,

Erich

- destriped

- gt hood

- a47 mirrors

- shr louvers

- hurst t-handle

- 35% tint

- paxton 2200sl h.o.

Very interesting car, nice job. I love the fact that is says 281 on the grill. I have taken a few car types for a ride and they marvel at the sm displacement power of the car.

I realy want a s/c too!

Looks great!

- destriped

- gt hood

- a47 mirrors

- shr louvers

- hurst t-handle

- 35% tint

- paxton 2200sl h.o.

Very interesting car, nice job. I love the fact that is says 281 on the grill. I have taken a few car types for a ride and they marvel at the sm displacement power of the car.

I realy want a s/c too!

I guess you solved the hood scoop/stripe issue, is that what motivated you to make the changes?

Thanks for sharing.

Looks great!

Paul,

I read your thread on TMS too. What Shelby Cobra emblem did you add to the grill?

Hi Eric,

here's where I got the emblem (they also have the same one that OP has)... http://search.cjponyparts.com/results.php?...s=shelby+emblem

the cobra emblem has the posts on the back. I just left them on and glued the emblem to grill (used amazing goop automotive adhesive - great stuff).

I realy want a s/c too!

I guess you solved the hood scoop/stripe issue, is that what motivated you to make the changes?

Thanks for sharing.

Looks great!

yeah, I had to put the 281 emlem on there, cause everyone kept asking me if it was 5.0 (though I'm not sure why). :headscratch:

I just changed the hood because I didn't want to molest the stock hood.

Thanks again!

Archived