TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010 GT500 Convertible Spy Shots!

Andrew DeSpirito

2010 GT500 Convertible Prototype Spotted!

Nice detail shots of the interior and the trunk. Big change to the side stripes - not sure if I like the new ones. And the cobra's on the wrong side of the grille! :)

I'll reserve judgement until I see them in person, but for now, I'm really, really glad I have an '07.

I will also reserve judgement at this time, however the pattern on the dash panel is a bit dicey for my tastes. Very odd looking to me.

I like the look of the front end and the hood better on this model, and I really like the side mirrors as compared to the "truck mirrors" on my '07.

+1 on the mirrors. They're less bulky and now painted instead of black.

I am not impressed and very pleased I have an 08. The rectangular and round vents look out of place. Pick one or the other. Not both. The rectangular vents look dated. The light colored plastic dash components make the interior less inviting. The smaller front grills esthetically look like something is being forced. It doesn't seem to flow together. I don't feel the menacing look that you get with the 07's and 08's. To give the designers credit, perhaps I need to see the complete undressed package.

Not sure I like the smaller front grill look.

I can't figure out why the designers decided run the bumper up the center under the hood? That seems like a spot that could be difficult to make everything line up nicely in production. I like the look of the '07-'09's with the hood running right over the grille without the extra strip of bumper.

Also the fog lights seem to be in an unnatural position?

2010 GT500 Convertible Prototype Spotted!

Nice detail shots of the interior and the trunk. Big change to the side stripes - not sure if I like the new ones. And the cobra's on the wrong side of the grille! :)

I'll reserve judgement until I see them in person, but for now, I'm really, really glad I have an '07.

It appears that big fender flares of the '05-'09 Stangs are all but gone. The new sides look alot more like a '94-'98, pre "New Edge". I am a huge fan of our big sculpted fender flares....

Overall, it looks like it will be a nice looking car, and one I would certainly not hesitate to own. I like the new position of the antenna and the mirrors. It also looks like the Shelby badge will run accross the back of the car, as it always should have.

Has anybody seen the pictures that seem to show 305/35/19's on the new GT500? I am not sure how they are stuffing those in the fenders. Maybe the redo of the sheetmetal widened the rear a bit?

I can't figure out why the designers decided run the bumper up the center under the hood? That seems like a spot that could be difficult to make everything line up nicely in production. I like the look of the '07-'09's with the hood running right over the grille without the extra strip of bumper.

Also the fog lights seem to be in an unnatural position?

It actually looks like it is a piece added on. The actual hood looks like it ends just before that piece. They should have made the hood to go all the way out to the edge and the verticle pieces end just under the hood. I also noticed that they are going to offer automatic climate controls by looking at the outside temp of 73 degrees at that time and few more station set buttons on the radio, no you'll have 10 instead of six. It looks like they are sticking with the Shaker system.

I,am sure they will go with alimited production.

If they do make one, I will be dumping my 2008 KR A.S.A.P., I hope for once Ford keeps there word on (limited run), and keeps it to a 2008-2009.

I love my car but I bought it for the exclusivity factor, so if they do, someone will get a beautiful car with only 64 miles onit.

If they do make one, I will be dumping my 2008 KR A.S.A.P., I hope for once Ford keeps there word on (limited run), and keeps it to a 2008-2009.

I love my car but I bought it for the exclusivity factor, so if they do, someone will get a beautiful car with only 64 miles onit.

They said the Shelby G.T 500 would only be for 2years back in 06`We know there is going to be a 2010 Shelby 500 , probably a 2010 KR vert.

They said the Shelby G.T 500 would only be for 2years back in 06`We know there is going to be a 2010 Shelby 500 , probably a 2010 KR vert.

here we go again..i have one but you cant cause i want a sure fire collectible.....ford and sai is goin build the crap outa gt500's and 500kr's...there is too much money for them not too...

Guys this is some pretty "tricky" camo that throws off some body lines.

Rest assured when the new car gets here it will look awesome!!

P.S. some of us also bought in on the 2 year production run "thing" and were REALLY looking forward to owning an AWESOME car that not EVERYONE would own....... and we were let down big....... so, don't hold your breath too much on the KR thing.... they 'might' sell more....they already changed their line once when they said they were going to buid an '09 instead of '08 only.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived