TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Cloth top protection?

thewheelman

This is only my second car with a cloth top--the others have all been vinyl. The other one was a Chrysler Sebring JXi, and was black as well. It seemed to hold up well, except the inside faded some from continual exposure when down. I always felt like it needed some sort of "protection" but didn't want to grag a can of Scotchguard and hose it down. What have you all found that helps repel water and crud from our cloth tops?

The top or the underside or both? The UV damage on the underside can be prevented/stopped by using the boot cover when the top is down.

As far the outside of the top is concerned, I recommend using "RAGGTOPP". It comes in a kit form and is endorse by Haartz who is the company that makes 99% of the convertible car tops.

You can get Raggtopp through the California Car Company and I'm sure through other auto care retailers too.

Me too , when i got my 08SGT the water beaded up nicely on the outside of the top. Then after about 3 times washing the car , the water didnt bead at all. I also started using the RAGGTOP product and it works good so far, the kit comes with 1 bottle of cleaner and 1 bottle of protectant..

Archived