TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What is invoice on a KR?

ctann

Hi all,

Does anyone know what the invoice is on the 2008 GT500KR? I usually use a rough "MSRP-10%", but I'm not sure if that works for the KR.

I have a dealer trying to sell me a 2008 BlackJack, and their starting price is MSRP-$10k (with another -$4k Ford rebates). I figure the only way they can possibly be offering deals like that is if there is a lot bigger margin built in to the Roush MSRP. Given that the KR is priced in a similar way to the Roush (a base model MSRP, plus an upfitter's package MSRP), I was wondering if the same thing is true there. I would much rather deal from "invoice +", rather than "MSRP +".

Chris.

Hi all,

Does anyone know what the invoice is on the 2008 GT500KR? I usually use a rough "MSRP-10%", but I'm not sure if that works for the KR.

I have a dealer trying to sell me a 2008 BlackJack, and their starting price is MSRP-$10k (with another -$4k Ford rebates). I figure the only way they can possibly be offering deals like that is if there is a lot bigger margin built in to the Roush MSRP. Given that the KR is priced in a similar way to the Roush (a base model MSRP, plus an upfitter's package MSRP), I was wondering if the same thing is true there. I would much rather deal from "invoice +", rather than "MSRP +".

Chris.

I am confused....so what are they asking bottom line for the BlackJack and is it a coupe or vert?

Hi all,

Chris.

have you looked at the S302 Extreme? :drool:

I am confused....so what are they asking bottom line for the BlackJack and is it a coupe or vert?

They are offering a total of $14k off MSRP, which I believe is about $56k. According to their website, they have 6 Blackjack coupe's in stock (did they make a Blackjack Convertible?). I saw (and heard) a Blackjack on the road this weekend, and I've got to admit it was impressive. Still, its a 4.6l not a 5.4l, so thats a big minus as far as I am concerned.

have you looked at the S302 Extreme? :drool:

Sure did - my *only* option for a 2008 in yellow. I tracked one down in Washington, its still on the showroom floor, but MSRP is around $104k - thats a lot of cash... I have a '98 S281 which I love, but the combination of a poor waranty (only 12 months on most parts), and some comments about indifferent service, pushed me away from the 2008 Extreme... AFAIK Saleen was going through some teething (re-teething?) troubles, but I did hear they had sorted things out. However, I'm also not sure how I feel about buying a "Saleen", when Steve Saleen himself is off opening up another company... Still, the yellow extreme may well be 1-of-1, or at least 1-of-not-very-many, so its still on the cards...

Saying all that, I am STILL holding out for a KR, or failing that an '08 GT500... the local dealer who's first price was $180k dropped it down to a more reasonable $120k - just drop another $60 again, and I'm there! :happy feet:

Anyway, back to our original programming - invoice on a 2008 GT500KR anyone?

Chris.

I wouldn't worry about Steve opening up another company....you won't regret getting an extreme.....offer them 90K - hey all they can say is ...NO and hold on to it....or keep shopping I think saleens will hold their value more than the KR's will espceially since they are producing more than they orignally said....Also the KR's are coming down in price too so if you really want one wait- they are not moving and people that had them on order have changed their minds....

If I was going to buy one I would definately by a Saleen Extreme in the Lizstick red over a KR - having seen and driven them both....just my opinion - hpoefully I won't get blasted for that comment on a Shelby website LOL

I think it would be great if we could get a Shelby Saleen made - that would be one BADt SUKKA!

:drool:

YES, there are Blackjack verts....LOVE the blackjack that would be my second choice after saleen extreme before the KR....

you should be able to get a BJ for around 57K

YES, there are Blackjack verts....LOVE the blackjack that would be my second choice after saleen extreme before the KR....

you should be able to get a BJ for around 57K

Too many choices! I can walk into a dealership today, where their starting asking price (after factory rebates) on a Blackjack is $42k! Yes, that is *real* tempting. The two things that turn me off the Blackjack are:

- its the "small" engine (don't want to suffer from that 'ole engine-envy... :->)

- Its a Ford with an "aftermarket kit", as opposed to a Saleen, which is registered as a Saleen.

OK, those are really minor points, but we are trying to pick between some *stellar* cars here! I had just about written off the BlackJack because of those two points (plus in future years, people will probably be saying "wasn't there a lawsuit over those?"). But after your post, I may just go bak and look again...

So, on the table:

- A yellow S302E (sticker is ~=$104k) - also an out of State purchase.

- A Blackjack (sticker is ~= $56k, but with a firm $14k off)

and of course

- A Black GT500KR, due to be delivered early November, pricing still unknown.

- A Black or Grabber GT500, pricing around MSRP or maybe a little less.

Some great cars, yes I'll take one of each please!

Chris.

out of state purchase - no biggie - just have them discount your transport cost! and make sure its "enclosed trailer" and low ball them an offer for the E at like 80-90k....see if they bite!

if you want a used one - I know of a Torch Red 2007 8k miles on it for 59k......

if you have found a Blackjack for 42k I would say that is the Deal of the Day.....but it does lack "some" of the sex appeal of the saleen but nontheless a HOT respectable ride...at a greeeeaaat price! but you are saying its not a stage 3?...hmmmm PS I would red pin stripe the wheels if you get one too - just a little on the lip....HOT!

you could always just get the joe schmoo regular GT500 and go buy aftermarket parts and build you own KR or Snake conversion....at your leisure if you like....that is always an option...have fun building your own...but if you want to just pull out your check book and get a BAD MUTHA go for the EXTREME....but you know your wallet....

can't wait to hear what you get!

Too many choices! I can walk into a dealership today, where their starting asking price (after factory rebates) on a Blackjack is $42k! Yes, that is *real* tempting. The two things that turn me off the Blackjack are:

- its the "small" engine (don't want to suffer from that 'ole engine-envy... :->)

- Its a Ford with an "aftermarket kit", as opposed to a Saleen, which is registered as a Saleen.

OK, those are really minor points, but we are trying to pick between some *stellar* cars here! I had just about written off the BlackJack because of those two points (plus in future years, people will probably be saying "wasn't there a lawsuit over those?"). But after your post, I may just go bak and look again...

So, on the table:

- A yellow S302E (sticker is ~=$104k) - also an out of State purchase.

- A Blackjack (sticker is ~= $56k, but with a firm $14k off)

and of course

- A Black GT500KR, due to be delivered early November, pricing still unknown.

- A Black or Grabber GT500, pricing around MSRP or maybe a little less.

Some great cars, yes I'll take one of each please!

Chris.

Chris, if your thinking of a GO Shelby, here's a 08 SGT for $28K (if I'm reading this right). The SGT already has the Ford Racing tuned suspension and CSM #, just add a SC.

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/ctd/847182856.html

Chris, if your thinking of a GO Shelby, here's a 08 SGT for $28K (if I'm reading this right). The SGT already has the Ford Racing tuned suspension and CSM #, just add a SC.

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/ctd/847182856.html

Give me a call. We have many to pick from.

Saleen AF s281 (1 of 8)

Stage 3 ( 1 of 2 built)

P51b (yes an 2009 p51b)

Shelby Gt500 RS

Shelby Gt500 convert

Shelby Gt500 KR's 1 left

Shelby Gt500 KR (2009)

The Blackjacks are nice, I almost bought one before my gt500, the 427r was better than the gt500 on a road course but in a straight line the gt500 would beat it, I don't know if thr kr is better than the roush on a road course.The dealer who takes care of my car has about 30 roush cars on his lot with I think car #2 of 100 blackjacks for 08, deep discounts on them, the guy from NY who started this lawsuit with the blackjacks bought his car from them.

Archived